Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS
Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2011, 05:54 PM   #141
tanda10506
Team President

Member Number: 17319
Cool Re: Not so fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloppbeast View Post
They will need to face the fact Ben isn't the type of quarterback to take control of a game and win it. He needs a running game to be successful.
I am starting to wonder if you are serious. Ben has took control and won many games for us. We do need a better running game, but Ben has won us many games.
Old 09-21-2011, 06:14 PM   #142
steelerjim58
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 14701
Default Re: Not so fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanda10506 View Post
I am starting to wonder if you are serious. Ben has took control and won many games for us. We do need a better running game, but Ben has won us many games.
This individual either is not really a Steelers fan or just does not know football. In either case it just is not worth the energy to respond to him.
Old 09-22-2011, 08:02 AM   #143
cloppbeast
Team Captain

Member Number: 16124

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETL View Post
God, I didn't know that one person's neurotic babbling can last 14 pages....

To the pessamists (wicked, rooney, etc...) - statistically, in the end, there is a good chance that you will be proven right. Why? Because only 1 team will win the SB and that means that 31 out of 32 teams and their fans have some basis for griping. So gripe on, go kick your dog and tell us, "I told you so" and blah, blah, blah, ... (wow, what a miserable existence)
I'm not really griping. I don't derive my happiness from whether or not the Steelers win. It's a game.

I don't think they're going to win, so on a forum where we share our opinions, I share mine. This means I have a miserable existence? lol.

Perhaps we should change the name of this forum from Steelers Fever to the Steelers Conformity. The slogan could be: "Where all posters thinks the Steelers are going to win the Super Bowl every season because it makes us feel good!"

Last edited by cloppbeast; 09-22-2011 at 09:23 AM.
Old 09-22-2011, 08:06 AM   #144
cloppbeast
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanda10506 View Post
What game then? If it's supposedly "many", it shouldn't be hard to find just one.

What is the Steelers record when Ben throws more than 30 times?

22-24.

What is the Steelers record when Ben throws 30 times or less?

66-8.

Enough said. He's a glorified, lummix version, of Trent Dilfer.

Last edited by cloppbeast; 09-22-2011 at 09:17 AM.
Old 09-22-2011, 08:57 AM   #145
cloppbeast
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerjim58 View Post
This individual either is not really a Steelers fan or just does not know football. In either case it just is not worth the energy to respond to him.

I don't have the same opinion as you, therefore I am either either not a "real" Steelers fan, or I don't know football.

I'm not following your reasoning. Do tell. Explain how it is not possible for a "real" Steeler's fan to come to a different conclusion than you about Ben; or why any person who knows anything about football would have to come to the same conclusion as you about Ben.
Old 09-22-2011, 10:16 AM   #146
finesward
Team Captain

Member Number: 14448

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloppbeast View Post
What game then? If it's supposedly "many", it shouldn't be hard to find just one.

What is the Steelers record when Ben throws more than 30 times?

22-24.

What is the Steelers record when Ben throws 30 times or less?

66-8.

Enough said. He's a glorified, lummix version, of Trent Dilfer.
He has 17 fourth quarter comebacks and 21 game winning drives in 6 seasons including a super bowl come from behind victory. You must have a really bad memory.
Old 09-22-2011, 10:20 AM   #147
Brett Cottrell
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 18842

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
oh well.

some people will never be happy.

on to the colts.

beating them will be insignificant as well.
Come on, ol' Hoss, beating the Colts is never insignificant, because that which is fun is never insignificant!
Old 09-22-2011, 01:59 PM   #148
steelerjim58
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 14701

Quote:
Originally Posted by finesward View Post
He has 17 fourth quarter comebacks and 21 game winning drives in 6 seasons including a super bowl come from behind victory. You must have a really bad memory.
What so many do not seem to get, is that with no other changes other than who is the qb, if you were to put either brady or Manning in this offense, they would either be sacked 60 plus times or would see their completeion percentage drop considerably due to how many times they would have to throw the ball away.
Old 09-22-2011, 02:44 PM   #149
cloppbeast
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerjim58 View Post
What so many do not seem to get, is that with no other changes other than who is the qb, if you were to put either brady or Manning in this offense, they would either be sacked 60 plus times or would see their completeion percentage drop considerably due to how many times they would have to throw the ball away.
This ridiculous hypothetical never gets applied both ways. When you go on and on about Ben's two Super Bowls, you never mention he's had one of the most dominant defenses of all time. Yet of course, you'll use the situational excuses to downgrade those whom you want to downgrade. Selective logic at its best.

Clearly you didn't watch many of the Colts' games last year. They had an equally bad, if not worse, offensive line than Ben's. Which explains why they used their first 2 draft picks on offensive tackes.

Kerry Collins has already taken 5 sacks against teams not known for their front seven, putting him on pace for 40 on the season. Once the Colts start playing better defenses, the pace will surely increase, starting this week with the Steelers.

Manning, on the other hand, only took 16 sacks last year, despite having a lack-luster offensive line. He knows how to get rid of the damn ball!

In almost half as many seasons, Ben has already taken 50 more sacks than Manning. You think this is solely because he has a worse offensive line?

How about Tom Brady? During his record breaking season, he attempted 578 passes taking 21 sacks. The very next season, Matt Cassell, utilizing the same offensive line, took 47 sacks on 510 attempts. And Matt Cassell, by the way, is a half decent starting quarterback.

Instead of just arbitrarily and subjectively comparing situations to come to whatever conclusion you want, perhaps you should just look at the facts. Comparing how different quarterbacks handle the same situation, you should see the quarterback throwing the ball has a lot more to do with it than the offensive line protecting him.

Your arbitrary hypotheticals are ridiculous. If you really think Tom Brady wouldn't do better on the Steelers than Ben, then I'm glad you aren't running the Steelers.
Old 09-22-2011, 02:57 PM   #150
effyou515
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 18713

i would be more worried about this Steelers team if they would of just beat the Seahawks instead of dominated the seahawks like they did.
Closed Thread