Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-23-2011, 01:03 AM   #21
WickedSteel
Banned
 

Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 548
Member Number: 17099
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Gay Meter at +1

The O line was still one of the best in 05 and still better than the current version in 08. Add to the fact that the defense was 6 years younger in 05 and you can start to understand just what the hell I am talking about.
WickedSteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 01:23 AM   #22
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter
 
tony hipchest's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Give me back my game...
Posts: 40,303
Member Number: 658
Thanks: 2,315
Thanked 10,366 Times in 4,304 Posts
Default Re: Gay Meter at +1

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedSteel View Post
The O line was still one of the best in 05 and still better than the current version in 08. Add to the fact that the defense was 6 years younger in 05 and you can start to understand just what the hell I am talking about.
no i cant. our defense back then was comprised of-

von oelhoffen
porter
foote
haggans
townsend
hope

we have upgraded with -

keisel
harrison
timmons
woodley
gay/mcfadden
clark

townsend was hated back then just like gay and mcfadden are today. mcfadden was just a rookie playing nickel and was generally hated as much as well (until he finall got an int in the playoffs). ike was hated and even benched the following season. hope did pretty well for a season or 2 with the titans, but now i would take clark over him any day.

once hood and heyward take over in the next season or 2 we will be right back to where we once were with having one of the averaged aged defenses in the league.

plus age is just a number. also just numbers is james farrior having one of his statistically best seasons last year.
__________________
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 01:35 AM   #23
DanRooney
Banned
 
DanRooney's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2010
Location: Portsmouth, VA
Posts: 1,893
Gender: Male
Member Number: 16248
Thanks: 2
Thanked 164 Times in 114 Posts
Default Re: Gay Meter at +1

I don't know what world you lived in, but Townsend was not nearly as hated as Gay is right now.

And LOL@James Farrior. He was one of the main culprits to that debacle in week 1. I don't think you know how to analyze anything that's going on during the game.
DanRooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 02:52 AM   #24
LVSteelersfan
Living Legend
 
LVSteelersfan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 3,741
Gender: Male
Member Number: 6620
Thanks: 14
Thanked 531 Times in 376 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: Gay Meter at +1

Sorry, but Gay had a soso game against an awful team. If he is the starter when we play anyone with a decent QB, the Steelers will get lit up big time. And it will all be aimed straight at him because he is the weak link.
__________________

COACH - Breakfast of Champions !!!
LVSteelersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 03:08 AM   #25
ricardisimo
Administrator
 
ricardisimo's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Lalaland
Posts: 5,446
Gender: Male
Member Number: 15369
Thanks: 339
Thanked 902 Times in 434 Posts
Default Re: Gay Meter at +1

Gay had a good game. Not so-so, but a good, solid game.

Collins is no Manning, but he's a savvy vet who's had some success against the Steelers, and should know where the weak links are. Although the Colts this week will not be quite the test we will get against the Pats and Ravens (and maybe the Texans), it should be a decent indicator of just how badly Gay sucks... or if, as some of us suspect, he's just OK. Not great, not awful.
__________________
Why does God hate amputees?
ricardisimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 11:07 AM   #26
Wallabeast17
Starter
 
Wallabeast17's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 506
Gender: Male
Member Number: 18370
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 1 Post
Default Re: Gay Meter at +1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardisimo View Post
Gay had a good game. Not so-so, but a good, solid game.

Collins is no Manning, but he's a savvy vet who's had some success against the Steelers, and should know where the weak links are. Although the Colts this week will not be quite the test we will get against the Pats and Ravens (and maybe the Texans), it should be a decent indicator of just how badly Gay sucks... or if, as some of us suspect, he's just OK. Not great, not awful.
Don't we already know how badly he sucks..?
__________________
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
Wallabeast17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 01:19 PM   #27
Steelersfan87
Assistant Coach
 

Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,476
Member Number: 18585
Thanks: 14
Thanked 40 Times in 30 Posts
Default Re: Gay Meter at +1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVSteelersfan View Post
Sorry, but Gay had a soso game against an awful team. If he is the starter when we play anyone with a decent QB, the Steelers will get lit up big time. And it will all be aimed straight at him because he is the weak link.
What you're forgetting is that in the nickel, Gay still plays inside, and opposing offenses tend to do their most damage in spread formations, against which Gay is not playing the 'starting' (outside) position.
Steelersfan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 01:33 PM   #28
ETL
Team President
Supporter
 
ETL's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 2,447
Member Number: 14528
Thanks: 175
Thanked 511 Times in 232 Posts
Default Re: Gay Meter at +1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVSteelersfan View Post
Sorry, but Gay had a soso game against an awful team. If he is the starter when we play anyone with a decent QB, the Steelers will get lit up big time. And it will all be aimed straight at him because he is the weak link.
Well, i disagree with you and that is why the Gay Meter exists. We can monitor how much he suck or doesn't.
__________________
ETL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 01:56 PM   #29
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod
 
Fire Arians's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 11,092
Member Number: 16570
Thanks: 2,066
Thanked 8,050 Times in 3,365 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: Gay Meter at +1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVSteelersfan View Post
Sorry, but Gay had a soso game against an awful team. If he is the starter when we play anyone with a decent QB, the Steelers will get lit up big time. And it will all be aimed straight at him because he is the weak link.
that's my beef with gay, he plays good in the garbage games, but ive yet to see him step up in a big game when we really need our younger players to step up. though being that he's a 5th round pick maybe i shouldn't expect too much other than just what he is, an average nickel/dime back
Fire Arians is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 02:37 PM   #30
kirklandrules
Team Captain
 
kirklandrules's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 751
Gender: Male
Member Number: 8659
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Gay Meter at +1

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedSteel View Post
The O line was still one of the best in 05 and still better than the current version in 08. Add to the fact that the defense was 6 years younger in 05 and you can start to understand just what the hell I am talking about.
I remember a few games for that '08 team where I thought Ben's career would be ended. He got sacked 9 times against the Eagles that year and another 5 against the Giants (and if memory serves me he was under pressure that entire game). Boy, there were some threads just a few weeks back talking about how sh!tty Hartwig was, I think Stapleton made a better turnstile than right guard and Colon got 2-3 holding/false starts per game. The Ravens game, to me, was more about missed calls and bad schemes for the Steelers O-line and less about their talent ... which is good because those things can be fixed. You got your opinion, but I'll wait to see how this season plays out before I rank the 2011 O-line.
kirklandrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:43 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts