Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 09-23-2011, 11:25 AM   #1
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,207 Times in 2,670 Posts
Default Baron Batch- Diary 34 (Rookie Duty and Twitter Rants)

complete "awesomeness". the best player blog going.

Rollin 1 deep, hood style lol...

http://baronbatch.blogspot.com/2011/....html?spref=tw

Quote:
This Blog Linked From Here the GOOD stuff
This Blog
Linked From Here
.the GOOD stuff
Thursday, September 22, 2011
Diary 34 (Rookie Duty and Twitter Rants)
For 9 months I have been a drifter, traveling from place to place and jumping from hotel to hotel. I can thankfully say those days are behind me for the moment. For the first time in a while I am settled in one place. Recently I moved into my new apartment in Pittsburgh, and have unpacked my 3 duffle bags that have served as my faithful traveling companions. The life of an NFL rookie is by no means a glamorous one as ESPN sometimes portrays. For most rookies life consists of constant travel and even more constant uncertainty. In many ways the only certain thing is the uncertainty. With that being said, it feels good to finally be settled. It feels good to rest.

5 weeks have passed since my surgery and I’m feeling great. My knee is getting stronger each day and I have started doing lower body lifts like leg press. It will be about 2 more months before I can start running. I’m finally beginning to get back in a structured routine and it’s a welcomed change from my previous chaotic schedule. I’m learning a ton from the older guys and feel like I’m grasping the offense better each week that goes by.

However, I am not a huge fan of rookie duties. I guess it’s not too bad considering all the other guys went through the same thing at some point. Also when I take into consideration the stories I have heard about other rookies ‘rookie expenses’ it really makes me breathe a breath of relief. My ‘rookie duties’ really aren’t that bad at all. They consist of buying Popeye’s Chicken for all the other running backs the Saturday before every away game, and the breakfast of their choosing the Saturday before every home game. My most recent rookie task was to provide the running back room with snacks. Today I was given a list of different items and was told to stock up. The first thing on the list was “High powered Nerf guns (the automatic kind).” I can’t say I didn’t live out my childhood fantasy today at Target as I threw every delicious snack, variety of candy, and awesome high-powered Nerf gun in my basket.

As I walked through Target with my basket filled to the top with candy and Nerf guns, children gazed at me with awe as jealousy filled their little eyes and their parents stared in confusion. I strolled through Target with my basket full of ‘awesomeness’. A childhood fantasy had been fulfilled; it was like a dream come true. Once I saw the subtotal I woke up pretty quick though. I could hardly believe the amount that I had spent on candy and Nerf guns! I wanted to ask the cashier “Can I pay you in stride layers?”

I mean I guess candy and Nerf guns is a silly way to spend money, and I’m sure some of you are like “Oh Baron doesn’t know how to spend his money wisely”, Just like this financial twitter guru suggested to me after I tweeted about my Nerf gun/candy spree.

Well I guess Mr. Financial Twitter Guru could be right. Or maybe he’s not. Maybe there are worse things I could be spending my money on. Maybe I should name a few that are a tad worse than candy and high-powered Nerf guns. Hmmm….let me think. Ah! I got it.
cont...
Old 09-23-2011, 11:28 AM   #2
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,207 Times in 2,670 Posts
Default Re: Baron Batch- Diary 34 (Rookie Duty and Twitter Rants)

Quote:
1.) Bling- for those of you that don’t know what ‘bling’ is let me explain. Bling is expensive jewelry that doesn’t really serve a purpose besides for shouting to other people “Hey look at me! I have money! Come rob me!”. Bling can come in the form of earrings, watches, chains, bracelets, and other bedazzled accessories. I do not own any bling and don’t plan on it. Unless I could get a bedazzled Canon 50mm 1.2 L lens (for my non photographer friends this would be equivalent to 50 Cents chain. To my photographer friends that don’t know who 50 Cent is. His chain is equivalent to a bedazzled Canon 50mm 1.2 L lens)

2.) Child support- I don’t think I need to go into detail about this one. I don’t have and nappy headed, ashy kneed, mini Barons running around. The only reason I bring up the ashy kneed and nappy-headed part is because that’s exactly what my future kids will be like.

3.) An Entourage- I don’t have an entourage, nor will I ever. I don’t need an entourage. I roll one deep and stay strapped with my canon (camera) and MacBook pro. I’m so hood that when Safari unexpectedly closes I don’t even report it to Apple. Snitches get stitches.

Ok I could keep going but I really don’t think I need to. I guess this was just a rant in response to Mr. Financial Twitter Guru. I sincerely hope you read this. I rarely rant in blog posts but every now and then it just comes out, and they always serve as a bit of comic relief to the seriousness on my blog. Mr. Financial Twitter Guru I hope that this post has enlightened you and helped you realize that all professional athletes don’t squander their money. I was actually one of the few collegiate athletes that managed to save and put money away while in college and didn’t complain about not getting paid.

However, I do understand your concern. I mean Nerf guns can get expensive and in all reality might even tempt me into to getting the real thing. On the streets they call Nerf guns ‘gateway weapons’ wait that’s not true at all.

My rant is over now.

Whew deep breaths!

Rant aside I just want to tell all of you how much I enjoy your support and encouraging emails, but above all your prayers! Please keep em coming. I appreciate all of you. God bless!
good stuff!
Old 09-23-2011, 11:58 AM   #3
mizzouristeeler
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17519

Nappy headed kids
mizzouristeeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 01:55 PM   #4
davidtrout
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 17600

I love this kid. I hope his future includes being a Steeler for a while but even if it doesn't, I'll be a Baron Batch fan forever.
Old 09-23-2011, 02:36 PM   #5
3rdandlong
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17001

Baron's tweets make me like him even more. Hopefully, he can come back strong next year so that we don't resign Mendenhall. Redman and Batch-if he lives up to the hype- sounds good to me.
3rdandlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 03:27 PM   #6
solardave
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 13734

Talk about a wise soul. We could use a RB who when his mouth is open he's saying something inspirational. I am a fan and he hasn't even touched the ball yet.
solardave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 04:04 PM   #7
Kanata-Steeler
Team President

Member Number: 15552

Baron Batch deserves a Steelers' SuperBowl of his own.
YA !
Kanata-Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 08:46 PM   #8
austinfrench76
Head Coach

Member Number: 3516

Guy is awesome!!!!
austinfrench76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 08:20 AM   #9
SteelKid212
Starter

Member Number: 13746
My Mood: Amused

he's got a deep soul,

baron brotha if you could read this, keep your head up and keep fighting the good fight. wherever life takes you, you'll be successful.

Old 09-24-2011, 01:44 PM   #10
LVSteelersfan
Living Legend

Member Number: 6620
My Mood: Relaxed

Awesome writing. Most football players can't spell their own name never mind write meaningful, witty dialogue. This guy is a keeper. Hopefully he comes back strong. He was doing well before he got injured. I am guessing he isn't going to own 10 expensive cars like some of these overpaid morons. And no entourage. That is the best way to stay out of trouble. Ray Lewis take note. You and your posse are a bunch of goons.

COACH - Breakfast of Champions !!!
LVSteelersfan is offline   Reply With Quote