Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 09-26-2011, 12:07 AM   #11
DanRooney
Head Coach

Member Number: 16248
Default Re: We have serious issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidtrout View Post

The OL on the other hand. Wow, just wow. Before all the injuries it was sickening to watch. Now, I don't believe we have a capable starter other than Pouncey on the roster. I don't no what Scott's injury is, but if his leg fell off, he could have come back in and played just as well. That sack/fumble/td was 100% his fault and it wasn't even that he got beat, he looked as if he wasn't even trying. Made me want to vomit.

I've defended these guys, I know too many people exaggerate issues and whine and cry over things they don't even understand, but enough is enough. This OL will NOT work. It is not worthy of Steeler football and should not be acceptable to the FO, to the coaches, or to us. I don't blame Tomlin or Arians or Kugler, this is talent, pure and simple we severely lack talent.
I blame Tomlin and Kugler 100%. They evaluate and put people on this team and right now Legursky and Scott are getting mauled. It was their decision not to bring back Flozell and roll with a bum that Kugler was in love with from the Bills. It was also their choice to roll with Legursky when any fans knew that he didn't have the build to be a starter in the NFL.
Old 09-26-2011, 12:17 AM   #12
davidtrout
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 17600

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanRooney View Post
I blame Tomlin and Kugler 100%. They evaluate and put people on this team and right now Legursky and Scott are getting mauled. It was their decision not to bring back Flozell and roll with a bum that Kugler was in love with from the Bills. It was also their choice to roll with Legursky when any fans knew that he didn't have the build to be a starter in the NFL.
Blame them all you want, but as usual you are incorrect. They don't sign contracts or determine who to bring in, their job is to get the most out of the players they are given and I believe they are doing that. I have no problem with who they cut or who they are starting, because the alternatives weren't any better. My issue is with the overall talent pool from the day camp opened, up to now. Maybe the lockout has some culpability, but scouting and Colbert himself have to take the brunt of this issue.

The grass isn't any greener on the bench, they're all bad.
Old 09-26-2011, 12:22 AM   #13
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,130 Times in 2,635 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by madtowndrunkard View Post
all 4 d-lineman are getting blocked.... The LB's have guys in their face and aren't hitting the RB till 3-5 yards past the LOS.

what 4 d-linemen???

we run a base 3-4.

PLUS we are now running more snaps out of our nickel package where hampton is the one coming off the field.

you do realize he typically plays less than 50% of the snaps in an entire game, right?

just visit steelersdepot.com and check out the weekly participation charts, and its broken down quite nicely.

of course teams are gonna run more and better when they get hampton off the field. we still allowed j. addai (a damn good rb) less than 100 yds.
Old 09-26-2011, 12:24 AM   #14
stb_steeler
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 14315

Its gonna be a long season no matter how we look at it

Might as well dress em in skirts!
stb_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 12:28 AM   #15
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,130 Times in 2,635 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanRooney View Post
I blame Tomlin and Kugler 100%. They evaluate and put people on this team..... It was their decision not to bring back Flozell .
such cluelessness has GOT to be laughed at.

Old 09-26-2011, 12:28 AM   #16
OX1947
Living Legend

Member Number: 723
Thanked 1,041 Times in 549 Posts

Some of you keep saying how the Steelers haven't addressed their offensive line, they drafted probably the best center in the league and Gilbert looks to be coming into his own. I do not think the Steelers expected Starks to come in at 400 pounds and colon having season ending surgeries in back to back seasons.

Actually, the offense was playing fine in the 1st quarter, what happen was momentum changed everything. Big Ben needs to stop turning the ball over. He had 3 turnovers in a row. He has turned the ball over an average of 3 times a game in the last 5 games he has played. One of those games cost us a world title.

Team needs to either adjust or Big Ben needs to figure out something else.
OX1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 12:55 AM   #17
Third Rail
Team Captain

Member Number: 16177

Yes... because ALL of those turnovers were 100% Ben's fault.

I'm guessing you didn't watch the Super Bowl, because if you did, you'd realize that pick 6 he threw early on in the game was due to the fact that he got hit immediately and if he didn't throw the ball, he would have gotten sacked in the end zone for a safety.
Third Rail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 01:52 AM   #18
OX1947
Living Legend

Member Number: 723
Thanked 1,041 Times in 549 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Third Rail View Post

I'm guessing you didn't watch the Super Bowl, because if you did, you'd realize that pick 6 he threw early on in the game was due to the fact that he got hit immediately and if he didn't throw the ball, he would have gotten sacked in the end zone for a safety.
Ok, lets take that play and even give you a break on the 2 sack fumbles tonight. What about the other 9? Explain.......
OX1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 05:22 AM   #19
theplatypus
Team Owner

Member Number: 3329

Quote:
Originally Posted by Third Rail View Post

Because the smart play is to pump the ball and go for a 50yd pass from your own end zone. THe int last night was all on Ben as was the first sack/fumble.
theplatypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 06:23 AM   #20
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCPsteelers View Post
I think the OL play is more worrisome than the defense.

Scott has struggled and I don't think Legursky is a starting offensive guard. I much rather have Foster in there.
Tackle situation is problematic.
absolutely true.
Ben is going to get injured, maybe killed, before the year ends.
Scott played one of the worst OL games i've ever seen last night. It was so bad, i'd think about releasing him today and calling, well, anyone.
Legursky is 'good', but just 'good'. I think he's good when he comes in and plays spots, but you're right, not to start.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote