Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 09-26-2011, 03:48 AM   #11
jtbsteeler
Starter

Member Number: 18760
Default Re: Relax, we won

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalFan View Post
Picks 1 & 2 next year will not go near the O-line,who are you kidding!We didnt adress this issue this year early,now look at this mess!
?? Colon is a liability now. We have "NO" LT. The 1st pick will be an Olineman. IMHO. It wont be CB. We have alot invested in the guys that we have.

I think Gilbert is the RT of the future even if Colon comes back. Move his ass to guard and be done with it. Two problems solved.

ILB or Olineman(LT) in round 1
jtbsteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 04:30 AM   #12
solardave
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 13734

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessStill View Post
A win is a win is a win, I'll give you that. But those wonderful "W's" that we're so use to will turn into "L's" soon enough if we can't get it together offensively. I quite never seen an offensive line this bad and we've had recent years to where they were B-A-D.

Because we can't run block we need a back that doesn't do the stupid spin move and dance all over the place. That back is Redman..

I see ZERO spots on the field that give us any kind of edge against Houston whatsoever. None. I'll take the W but that was sincerely pathetic. No running game, very ill pass protection. How the HELL are we going to survive playing like that?

Because we can't run block we need a back that doesn't do the stupid spin move and dance all over the place. That back is Redman..

Ben's lucky he's in one piece and the dude STILL delivers (it's pretty sad when he has to look out the corner of his eye while looking downfield at the pass rush.)

Against one of the better pass rushing teams we showed we couldn't hold the door open. I'll quote Sapp but in the sense that he got it backwards. Our O-line looks old and slow.
(except Pouncey)

I thank Troy Polamalu's grandparents for giving us Troy Polamalu's parents so Troy Polamalu's parents could have Troy Polamalu. Love that animal.

Troy is playing like his old healthy self!!

That is all.
I'll take the wins however they come but I sure wish we'd dominate these teams that come limping in!
solardave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 06:24 AM   #13
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206

[QUOTE=OX1947;947328]Once again. Defense isnt the problem, the QB giving away the ball 3 times a game is. I do not know if some of you have noticed but that piece of shit dickwad who calls himself the NFL commissioner has destroyed football into his own Fantasy Football bullshit league. There are no longer good defenses in the league. However, there are 2 right now that are ok, thats the Ravens and Steelers. But, Ben needs to stop turning the ball over. Every time they turn it over, worse, the other team gets points.[/QU

Can't put it all on Ben when the OL is getting mowed down like high school kids and he's getting stripped from behind. Why were the D-linemen free back there?
The INT was a bad throw.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 06:27 AM   #14
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206

relax its a win? lol
How can you be happy when we've beaten the hapless Seahawks and barely beat the Colts who finished the 4th w/their 3rd stringer? I don't know about 'relaxin'
We'll see what happens next week when we play a decent team. I think we all know whats likely to happen....so its hard to relax at this point. The criticism going around seems justified.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 07:32 AM   #15
theplatypus
Team Owner

Member Number: 3329

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalFan View Post
Picks 1 & 2 next year will not go near the O-line,who are you kidding!We didnt adress this issue this year early,now look at this mess!
Are you daft?
theplatypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 07:42 AM   #16
SteeleReign
Team President

Member Number: 13943

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRH View Post
relax its a win? lol
How can you be happy when we've beaten the hapless Seahawks and barely beat the Colts who finished the 4th w/their 3rd stringer? I don't know about 'relaxin'
We'll see what happens next week when we play a decent team. I think we all know whats likely to happen....so its hard to relax at this point. The criticism going around seems justified.
Right. Let's not forget that had Painter hit a W I D E open Garcon, we may have lost to a 3rd-string QB. You could see it again last night - the lack of pressure on the QB allowed open receivers all over the field for Indy. Thankfully, the QBs couldn't hit them.

Now, if we show the same performance against Houston? Schaub & Owen Daniels will eat us for lunch.
SteeleReign is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 07:51 AM   #17
theplatypus
Team Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteeleReign View Post
Right. Let's not forget that had Painter hit a W I D E open Garcon, we may have lost to a 3rd-string QB. You could see it again last night - the lack of pressure on the QB allowed open receivers all over the field for Indy. Thankfully, the QBs couldn't hit them.

Now, if we show the same performance against Houston? Schaub & Owen Daniels will eat us for lunch.

Holy shit! Ike guessed on a(one) play and got his ass chewed out for it. The colts were something like 18-40 with 3.5 yd average. We gave them 13 points, our defense was not the issue.
Old 09-26-2011, 08:06 AM   #18
SteeleReign
Team President

Member Number: 13943

Quote:
Originally Posted by theplatypus View Post
Holy shit! Ike guessed on a(one) play and got his ass chewed out for it. The colts were something like 18-40 with 3.5 yd average. We gave them 13 points, our defense was not the issue.
It WOULD have been the issue if Manning had played. Or any QB that we may face in the playoffs. Barely beating the likes of Curtis Painter/Kerry Collins isn't going to win us many Super Bowls. That is what we're playing for - right?
SteeleReign is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 08:16 AM   #19
theplatypus
Team Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteeleReign View Post
It WOULD have been the issue if Manning had played. Or any QB that we may face in the playoffs. Barely beating the likes of Curtis Painter/Kerry Collins isn't going to win us many Super Bowls. That is what we're playing for - right?
Could you please tell me where you got the crystal ball?
Old 09-26-2011, 08:18 AM   #20
cloppbeast
Team Captain

Member Number: 16124

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtbsteeler View Post
And they start the season with 3 out of 4 on the road. This is a 12 win team this season. Stop the bellyaching.

I do think Aaron Smith and Farrior are starting to show their age... No way they're on this D next season.

Troy's back. He was all over the place. Stop your whining. Ravens fans come on here and get laughs because of the over reaction. I think they will beat the Texans next week. We'll be 3-1 with home games against a Britt-less Titans team and then a rookie qb in Gabbert.

12 win season
A team quarterbacked by a combination of a 38 year old along with a guy with no career starts gave us a game.......I'm concerned. Sorry.

Our offense is absolutely abysmal, and the defense isn't too much better. This offense could only score 16 points against a team the Texans scored 34 against, and the Browns scored 27 against. We also gave up more points than both Cleveland and Houston.

Those are just numbers, but I watched the team too. We have an OC who keeps running either 1) deep passes for Mike Wallace, 2) bubble screen passes, or 3) run off to the right with Mendenhall. Idea #1 works occasionally, but not consistently. Ideas #2 and #3 never work.

Combine that offensive strategy with a quarterback who can't go through progressions, who has shown a complete inability to get rid of the ball quickly, along with an injury-stricken offensive line who can't pass block - I see one of the worst offenses in the NFL.

Thank god for Troy Polamalu, that's for sure. He may have been enough to put us on top of one of the bottom-feeders of the NFL, but he won't be enough against quality competition.

Right now, despite an extremely easy schedule, I see this Steelers team missing the play-offs, struggling to stay above the Ohio teams in the division.
cloppbeast is offline   Reply With Quote