Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 09-26-2011, 08:23 AM   #21
SteeleReign
Team President

Member Number: 13943
Default Re: Relax, we won

Quote:
Originally Posted by theplatypus View Post
Could you please tell me where you got the crystal ball?
Seriously? Can you tell me where you got your blinders?
SteeleReign is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 08:26 AM   #22
cloppbeast
Team Captain

Member Number: 16124

Quote:
Holy shit! Ike guessed on a(one) play and got his ass chewed out for it. The colts were something like 18-40 with 3.5 yd average. We gave them 13 points, our defense was not the issue.
I'm more concerned with the offense, I'll give you that, but this defense has issues too.

I witnissed a Curtis Painter lead offense drive to tie the game in the 4th quarter. That's dis-heartening....

They did score 7 points for the offense, so give the defense credit for that at least.....

Overall, the offense will kill this Steelers team this year, and the defense won't be good enough to make up for it. Just like Super Bowl 45.
cloppbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 08:34 AM   #23
cloppbeast
Team Captain

Quote:
Can't put it all on Ben when the OL is getting mowed down like high school kids and he's getting stripped from behind. Why were the D-linemen free back there?
He was back there because Gilbert dominated his ass, at least on that one play. Perhaps Ben just anticipated Marcus getting whooped like usual, IDK, but Ben receives the blame for that fumble.

That play should have never even gotten to that point. Ben had ample time to pass. On top of that, he never needed to exit the pocket, he only needed to step up.

Though, the second fumble was all Freeney; not Ben's fault.
Old 09-26-2011, 08:37 AM   #24
SteeleReign
Team President

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloppbeast View Post
I'm more concerned with the offense, I'll give you that, but this defense has issues too.

I witnissed a Curtis Painter lead offense drive to tie the game in the 4th quarter. That's dis-heartening....

They did score 7 points for the offense, so give the defense credit for that at least.....

Overall, the offense will kill this Steelers team this year, and the defense won't be good enough to make up for it. Just like Super Bowl 45.
I agree that the offense is an issue. But, this defense was the #1 defesne in the league last year. We spent butt-loads of money to keep them together. We got Smith back from injury. We signed a DL in the first round. Yet, we are still getting no pass rush. Making bone-headed coverage mistakes. And having issues against the run.

The offense boils down to the o-line. Fix that & we are fine. Not that it's that simple. I also think it wouldn't hurt to draft a speed RB. Mendy has been dancing too much (no holes?) and I love Redman, but we need a threat to get on the edge and run to daylight....a la Fast Willie.
Old 09-26-2011, 08:37 AM   #25
theplatypus
Team Owner

Member Number: 3329

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteeleReign View Post
Seriously? Can you tell me where you got your blinders?

It's not blinders, I'm not living in some fantasy world where if's carry any weight. But, if you really want too I'll play along with your would of, could of, should of game. If Peyton had been playing he might not have seen Troy dropping back into coverage which allowed for an easy pick 6 to put the game out of reach.
theplatypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 08:39 AM   #26
SteeleReign
Team President

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloppbeast View Post
He was back there because Gilbert dominated his ass, at least on that one play. Perhaps Ben just anticipated Marcus getting whooped like usual, IDK, but Ben receives the blame for that fumble.

That play should have never even gotten to that point. Ben had ample time to pass. On top of that, he never needed to exit the pocket, he only needed to step up.

Though, the second fumble was all Freeney; not Ben's fault.
Yeah, Ben should have taken off or thrown it away at that point. However, Gilbert needs to stick with his block until the whistle blows.
Old 09-26-2011, 08:43 AM   #27
SteeleReign
Team President

Quote:
It's not blinders, I'm not living in some fantasy world where if's carry any weight. But, if you really want too I'll play along with your would of, could of, should of game. If Peyton had been playing he might not have seen Troy dropping back into coverage which allowed for an easy pick 6 to put the game out of reach.
Sure ok. If you want to pretend that Manning in the game wouldn't have made a difference that's cool. Just do me a favor...next time you order a round, order me what you're drinking.
Old 09-26-2011, 08:48 AM   #28
theplatypus
Team Owner

Member Number: 3329

Quote:
Sure ok. If you want to pretend that Manning in the game wouldn't have made a difference that's cool. Just do me a favor...next time you order a round, order me what you're drinking.
Hello? Is there anyone in there? I'm not saying it might not make a difference, I'm saying we don't know what difference it would make. Contrary to your misguided belief we have to play the gamesto determine the outcome.
theplatypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 08:49 AM   #29
cloppbeast
Team Captain

Quote:
I agree that the offense is an issue. But, this defense was the #1 defesne in the league last year. We spent butt-loads of money to keep them together. We got Smith back from injury. We signed a DL in the first round. Yet, we are still getting no pass rush. Making bone-headed coverage mistakes. And having issues against the run.
I couldn't disagree more.

Not only did the defense only give up 7 honest points, they also scored 7 points for the offense.

This offense hase given the ball away 10 times in 2 games, putting a lot of pressure on the defense in to defend. In the lone game the offense didn't turn the ball over, the defense shut out its opponent.

Quote:
The offense boils down to the o-line. Fix that & we are fine.
Hardly.

I won't deny fixing the line will help, but we need a lot more to be "fine."

Further, I'm not so sure there is a "fix" for this offensive line anyway.

This offense is too one demensional.....

[quote}Not that it's that simple. I also think it wouldn't hurt to draft a speed RB. Mendy has been dancing too much (no holes?) and I love Redman, but we need a threat to get on the edge and run to daylight....a la Fast Willie.[/QUOTE]

Mendenhall sucks. If he weren't a first round pick, he would never see the field. If Redman hadn't gone undrafted, he would get 20 carries a game. Simple as that.
Old 09-26-2011, 08:55 AM   #30
cloppbeast
Team Captain

Quote:
Yeah, Ben should have taken off or thrown it away at that point. However, Gilbert needs to stick with his block until the whistle blows.
Especially when your quarterback rarely takes less than 6 seconds the throw.......yeah, blame that one on the lineman. lol.

He probably should've stuck to his block, but God Damn!, he handled one of the best ****ing DEs in the league. He's a rookie, how much more do you want from him?

I blame the 8 year $100 million franchize quarterback. He made a stupid decision. He should have known better. Ben needs to turn down the clock in his head when he has a rooking LT going up against a super star defensive end. If Ben isn't smart enough to figure that out on his own, his coaches need to tell him.