Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 09-26-2011, 09:33 AM   #41
Steelerfreak58
Team Captain

Member Number: 8080
Default Re: Relax, we won

Horrible.

Arians = Horrendously Horrible play calling again. Run to the right (get stuffed), PASS , PASS Punt seemed to be his game plan for most of the evening with no adjusting at any point.
Old 09-26-2011, 10:20 AM   #42
ZoneBlitzer
Head Coach

Member Number: 16775

Quote:
Originally Posted by OX1947 View Post
Once again. Defense isnt the problem, the QB giving away the ball 3 times a game is. I do not know if some of you have noticed but that piece of shit dickwad who calls himself the NFL commissioner has destroyed football into his own Fantasy Football bullshit league. There are no longer good defenses in the league. However, there are 2 right now that are ok, thats the Ravens and Steelers. But, Ben needs to stop turning the ball over. Every time they turn it over, worse, the other team gets points.
Yup. Ben is a turnover machine. This goes back to late last year and was especially evident in the SB. He's good for at least one INT per game now. You can count on that. Regardless, anyway you slice it, the turnovers have to stop. I'm not too enamored with the defense either but they are hanging in there. It's a bend don't break defense we're looking at. And I think the rest of the league is going that way. But you're right in pointing out that the problems on this team start with the offense. The offense is not playing up to their potential and they are killing this team with turnovers.
ZoneBlitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 10:31 AM   #43
effyou515
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 18713

yes the Steelers have weaknesses but if they can get a win l'm happy. Steelers seem to always start slow and by now l'm used to the ugly wins

here to a lot of ugly wins this season.
effyou515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 10:49 AM   #44
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 3,683 Times in 1,767 Posts
My Mood: Fine

If we can get the offense to score 3 touchdowns and a few field goals every game W/OUT turning the ball over we can win every game against anyone.

Just don't turn the dang ball over. Just don't turn the dang ball over. Just don't do it. DON'T DO IT. Freakin Mendenhall almost lost the football again last night to. WTF?

Look into my eyes
SF Haters
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 11:28 AM   #45
LVSteelersfan
Living Legend

Member Number: 6620
My Mood: Cheerful

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteeleReign View Post
I absolutely agree. Ziggy should be playing. Not sure about sitting Farrior - who would replace him?
Did you all really watch the game? ZIGGY WAS PLAYING. He was over in Keisel's spot who was on the sidelines in street clothes. Heyward should have been in there getting some reps. Looks like they ran at Smith most of the time so Ziggy should have been on his side with Heyward on the other side to see if he could hold up. Get him playing time NOW. I have been a die hard Smith supporter in the past, but it is time for him to be a backup player. Farrior is really the only option now but spelling him with Foote is just plain stupid. Get Sylvester in there. He might make some mistakes but his speed could make up for some of the slow footed crap that Larry Foote puts out there.

COACH - Breakfast of Champions !!!
LVSteelersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 11:55 AM   #46
FanSince72
Team President

Member Number: 17502
Thanked 1,098 Times in 488 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessStill View Post
Look more into it. Ben's the whole reason we are competitive on offense at this point. Finally, the suckitude that is oozing out of this offensive line is getting into Roethlisberger's head. It's so bad he's anticipating getting drilled. 2 of those fumbles I don't blame him. That interception was a desperation pass that sailed.

I'm grateful we have Ben in the middle of that wreckage. Unfortunately, I don't think he feels the same.
I agree.

And let's not forget that when Ben throws picks it's not because he's unable to to understand a play or unable to to place a pass where it needs to be. His picks come from trying to make something out of nothing and I think that's a better problem to have than, say, a QB who just doesn't have the arm or the skills.
FanSince72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 12:36 PM   #47
SteeleReign
Team President

Member Number: 13943

Quote:
Originally Posted by theplatypus View Post
Okay, we'll play your game some more. In your fantasy world Manning isn't injured,and completes those passes. How do you know that the receivers don't fumble after the catch? Or on the ensuing play that the RB doesn't fumble? Or there's a bad snap? Or that Ben doesn't turn the ball over 3 freaking times?
What exactly are we arguing about? I think our offense sucks - yes. I believe that is your point. So we agree. I also think our defense has sucked & disappoints me more. I will say it again - I expected our offense to struggle. I expected our defense to dominate. They haven't come close.
SteeleReign is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 12:39 PM   #48
SteeleReign
Team President

Member Number: 13943

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVSteelersfan View Post
Did you all really watch the game? ZIGGY WAS PLAYING. He was over in Keisel's spot who was on the sidelines in street clothes. Heyward should have been in there getting some reps. Looks like they ran at Smith most of the time so Ziggy should have been on his side with Heyward on the other side to see if he could hold up. Get him playing time NOW. I have been a die hard Smith supporter in the past, but it is time for him to be a backup player. Farrior is really the only option now but spelling him with Foote is just plain stupid. Get Sylvester in there. He might make some mistakes but his speed could make up for some of the slow footed crap that Larry Foote puts out there.
I know he was playing. The question is what happens when Keisel comes back? I agree with Foote/Sylvester. I'd like to see a little more from him. But the argument always is "LeBeau's defense is complicated & we need the veterans in there because they know the defense." Well, it's one thing to know it & quite another to do it. That's the age factor.
SteeleReign is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 12:49 PM   #49
cloppbeast
Team Captain

Member Number: 16124

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelfury02 View Post
If we can get the offense to score 3 touchdowns and a few field goals every game W/OUT turning the ball over we can win every game against anyone.
If they could just win every game they could win against anybody. lol

What have you seen from this team to suggest they could score 3 TDs without turning the ball against anybody outside of the pacific northwest?
cloppbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 12:56 PM   #50
davidtrout
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 17600

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanSince72 View Post
I agree.

And let's not forget that when Ben throws picks it's not because he's unable to to understand a play or unable to to place a pass where it needs to be. His picks come from trying to make something out of nothing and I think that's a better problem to have than, say, a QB who just doesn't have the arm or the skills.
This is exactly right. At this point, we're as much of a one man offense as the Colts. I know the receivers are good but that would be useless without Ben. There is no quick fix but it sure is a waste of a great QB. The image of Scott standing still while Freeney ran right past him will stick in my brain for a very long time.