Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 09-27-2011, 11:55 AM   #21
SoCalFan
Head Coach

Member Number: 14860
Default Re: Mendy?

I didnt even read the entire post.SILLY! Mendy would be leading the league IF WE HAD A DECENT O-LINE!!!
Old 09-27-2011, 12:03 PM   #22
cloppbeast
Team Captain

Member Number: 16124

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalFan View Post
I didnt even read the entire post.SILLY! Mendy would be leading the league IF WE HAD A DECENT O-LINE!!!
Barry Sanders would have led the NFL IF HE HAD A DECENT O-LINE!!!

Oh wait......he did have a terrible o-line......and he did lead the league several times.......

If a RB needs a great o-line to average more than 4.0 YPC, that RB isn't very good. 4.0 YPC isn't asking much.

Mendenhall sucks. I don't care how bad his o-line is, a first round RB should never average what Mendenhall averages. It's pathetic, actually.
cloppbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 12:23 PM   #23
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts

I wish we would have traded for Tim Hightower, but we didn't ...so

Bench Mendy and start Redman.

M. Moore didn't have any trouble running behind that shit line in the 4th qtr.
Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 12:51 PM   #24
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 6,043 Times in 2,583 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer View Post
I wish we would have traded for Tim Hightower, but we didn't ...so

Bench Mendy and start Redman.

M. Moore didn't have any trouble running behind that shit line in the 4th qtr.
could also be because legursky was sidelined and foster was back in the game. foster is a much better run blocker than legursky
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 01:15 PM   #25
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts

Kemo Pouncey Foster might be the best group we've had in the middle

but Mendy is not a 'run it up the gut' kind of back - - he gets his yards bouncing everything to the outside
Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 01:36 PM   #26
tanda10506
Team President

Member Number: 17319

I dont see how anybody can say Mendy sucks, he hasnt been impressive these first 3 games, but he played well last year and has had some great games and great runs. He has shown he can be a great back. The line is horrible and they get pushed back on a lot of run plays, thats why he is dancing in the backfield. I agree that given the condition of the line Mendy has to lower the shoulder and just get what he can, and I agree Redman is a better back at that, but Mendenhall is a playmaker and we cant just abandon that. I think we need to mix it up, Redman has proven himself IMO, but I dont think we should just overlook the big run capability and previous great games that Mendy has/had already.
tanda10506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 01:38 PM   #27
cloppbeast
Team Captain

Member Number: 16124

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanda10506 View Post
I dont see how anybody can say Mendy sucks, he hasnt been impressive these first 3 games, but he played well last year and has had some great games and great runs. He has shown he can be a great back. The line is horrible and they get pushed back on a lot of run plays, thats why he is dancing in the backfield. I agree that given the condition of the line Mendy has to lower the shoulder and just get what he can, and I agree Redman is a better back at that, but Mendenhall is a playmaker and we cant just abandon that. I think we need to mix it up, Redman has proven himself IMO, but I dont think we should just overlook the big run capability and previous great games that Mendy has/had already.
So it's the offensive line's fault......big surprise there.......

What about the national debt, should we blame that on offensive line' as well? lol

Last year Mendenhall wasn't as good as it seemed, either. He averaged less than 4 yards per carry. He racked up the yards, but when's the last time a RB got 300+ carries and didn't get a G?
cloppbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 01:39 PM   #28
cubanstogie
Head Coach

Member Number: 3082

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanSince72 View Post
I think Mendenhall is actually a pretty smart guy.
His off-season comments demonstrate an analytical mind which may serve him well in a debate, but it's an absolute killer for a running back.

The short answer is: He thinks too much.

A running back has maybe three or four tenths of a second to decide where he's going to hit the line but Mendy seems to need far more than that and by the time he's thought the whole thing through, there are five guys chasing him across the backfield and at that point he's lucky if he can just get back to the line of scrimmage.

Back in high school, they always told us that on a multiple choice test, your first answer is usually the right one.
Running with a football is a multiple choice test and he needs to go with his first answer instead of analyzing the question.

A "beautiful mind" may be an asset on an intellectual level, but for a running back it just spells trouble.

My advice to him would be: "Stop thinking and just run".
wow, Mendy smart after his comments. I think his comments came without any thinking what so ever and were obtuse. So if he ran that way (on instinct instead of thinking) he should be fine. Anyone giving Bin Laden compassion is a effing retard.
cubanstogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 01:43 PM   #29
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanRooney View Post
The Steelers will keep Wallace. Mendenhall is doing his best to get out of Pittsburgh.
Wallace is not coming back. People need to disabuse themselves from that illusion. That doesn't mean Mendenhall is a lock to come back either, though. The recent spending spree could spell trouble for us in lots of ways.

That said, I like Rashard. I think he has all the talent in the world, I also think he would thrive in a more "traditional" offense (i.e., one not operated by Bruce Arians). Despite that - and our god-awful line - he is just a few months removed from a 1300 yd/13 TD season, which is not bad. Physically, he's a near perfect blend of speed and power. Nothing should be holding him back.

He needs to stop the dancing. Pure and simple. I refuse to believe that Dick Hoak would have tolerated this for one second, let alone three games. The coaches need to straighten him out. Another well-timed benching from Tomlin could do wonders for him in the long run.
Old 09-27-2011, 01:44 PM   #30
cubanstogie
Head Coach

Member Number: 3082

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloppbeast View Post
So it's the offensive line's fault......big surprise there.......

What about the national debt, should we blame that on offensive line' as well? lol
Did you watch the game. Worst O line performance in the last decade, except maybe a game or two against the Ravens. The game is won and lost in trenches, you choose to blame Ben and Mendy which is crazy. No holes, no protection and we still won thanks to the elite Ben.
cubanstogie is offline   Reply With Quote