Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 09-27-2011, 12:32 AM   #41
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 5,835 Times in 2,162 Posts
Default Re: Actually Bruce Arians didnt call that bad of a game

Yeah, stupid me questioning the brilliance that is bruce arians.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 07:29 AM   #42
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 8,259 Times in 3,628 Posts

This excerpt from an article in the Post-Gazette today on the woes of the running game indicates someone was not thrilled with the play calling Sunday night

One source on the team said the run calls against the Colts looked nothing like the ones they practiced the week leading up to the game.

If there is no improvemnt in Texas I look for more anonymous sniping to the media about the offensive woes

Bouchette's article also confirmed my recollection Redman was not used until late in the game

The Steelers did not use Isaac Redman to spot Mendenhall against the Colts as they did in their previous two games. He had his most significant playing time on the final drive, when the Steelers moved 60 yards for the winning 38-yard field goal.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11270/1177831-66-0.stm

My bet is we see significantly more time for Redman in Houston
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 10:49 AM   #43
vasteeler
Team President

Member Number: 3341
Thanked 1,157 Times in 456 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
This excerpt from an article in the Post-Gazette today on the woes of the running game indicates someone was not thrilled with the play calling Sunday night

One source on the team said the run calls against the Colts looked nothing like the ones they practiced the week leading up to the game.

If there is no improvemnt in Texas I look for more anonymous sniping to the media about the offensive woes

Bouchette's article also confirmed my recollection Redman was not used until late in the game

The Steelers did not use Isaac Redman to spot Mendenhall against the Colts as they did in their previous two games. He had his most significant playing time on the final drive, when the Steelers moved 60 yards for the winning 38-yard field goal.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11270/1177831-66-0.stm

My bet is we see significantly more time for Redman in Houston
knowing this team, i am so tempted to take that bet
vasteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 07:18 PM   #44
Whodis
Team Captain

Member Number: 6483

Stockholm syndrome

Stockholm syndrome is a term used to describe a real paradoxical psychological phenomenon wherein hostages express empathy and have positive feelings towards their captors, sometimes to the point of defending them
Old 09-27-2011, 07:39 PM   #45
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 9,642 Times in 4,008 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whodis View Post
Stockholm syndrome

Stockholm syndrome is a term used to describe a real paradoxical psychological phenomenon wherein hostages express empathy and have positive feelings towards their captors, sometimes to the point of defending them
absolutely brilliant post of the year award!
Old 09-27-2011, 07:54 PM   #46
#1LambertFan
Starter

Member Number: 5489

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVSteelersfan View Post
Wrong, wrong wrong. He called a horrid game. My buddy and I were screaming at him to quit running the ball up the gut on first down EVERY TIME. It was absolutely pathetic. Mendy needs to get out on the edges. He is not a straight up the gut kind of player. Granted our Oline SUCKS, but where the heck are the short passing routes that every team in the league uses, the screens and mixing it up a little bit? 1 or 2 yards on first down, a missed pass on second down and third and long almost every single time. I can't believe how many times it was third and eight. Sorry, but that is absolutely stupid coaching.
You see thats where I disagree strongly with just about everyone. A great run is 10+ yards. 90% of Mendenhall's great runs come between the tackles. Most of his losses come when the play is designed for him to hit the 7 or 8.

Mendenhall would be spoken in the same breath with AP as long as he consistently got (ONE!) second level block. Mendy will do the rest as he has proven. Open space in the middle of the field is hands down where he does his best work.

And if I hear any more bullshit about trading him Im going to flip! He is the reason Ben is alive! He is the reason Redman consistently does a good job running, and believe it or not he makes the offensive line look much better than it is!
#1LambertFan is offline   Reply With Quote