Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Blast Furnace

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 02-22-2011, 06:12 PM   #1421
LW56
Water Boy

Member Number: 13666
Default Re: in 1492 Columbus discovered...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
that the bengals suck
You didn't finish the story...

Yes, in 1492 Columbus discovered the Bengals suck, but the following year he went to Cleveland and discovered the Browns suck as well.
Columbus said fck this and decided to start his own city in the center of the state of Ohio and named it after himself..... in hopes that someday Columbus, Oh. will be the home of a football team people will respect.

....although I'm not sure Columbus would have wanted his team to be named after a nut.....known as the buckeye.
LW56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 07:47 PM   #1422
Muppet13
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 9529
Smile Re: in 1492 Columbus discovered...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LW56 View Post
You didn't finish the story...

Yes, in 1492 Columbus discovered the Bengals suck, but the following year he went to Cleveland and discovered the Browns suck as well.
Columbus said fck this and decided to start his own city in the center of the state of Ohio and named it after himself..... in hopes that someday Columbus, Oh. will be the home of a football team people will respect.

....although I'm not sure Columbus would have wanted his team to be named after a nut.....known as the buckeye.
I'm from Ohio and that is the best thing I've ever read!
Old 06-14-2011, 11:59 AM   #1423
caplovestroyp43
Banned

Member Number: 16490
My Mood: Angelic

I am too and that's another great one!
caplovestroyp43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 12:04 AM   #1424
CantStop85
Living Legend

Member Number: 486

Glad to see this thread is still going strong.
CantStop85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 12:13 AM   #1425
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 10,371 Times in 4,307 Posts

epic thread.

the bengals suck.
Old 08-09-2011, 03:56 PM   #1426
Third Rail
Team Captain

Member Number: 16177

ESPN knows the Bengals Suck:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings/_/year/2011/week/0
Third Rail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 09:09 PM   #1427
Farrior_roirraW
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 12978

Matthew Stafford says, "The Bengals still suck."

"I am proud to be a Steeler, no doubt about it. I was born to be a Steeler." - Farrior
Farrior_roirraW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 10:22 PM   #1428
Third Rail
Team Captain

Just bought the DC15 Dyson Ball Vacuum.

It sucks pretty well, but it doesn't hold a candle to a Bengal.
Old 09-03-2011, 12:56 AM   #1429
Third Rail
Team Captain

"I know at least one Bengal who sucks. And he's really good at it." - Big Bubba, cellmate of Cedric Benson
Old 09-28-2011, 10:42 AM   #1430
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 10,371 Times in 4,307 Posts

even the dead know the bengals suck. great obituary found in last weeks cincinnati enquirer-

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/cin...&pid=153761787

Quote:
Saul Shuller | Visit Guest Book

When someone lives to 95, people tend to marvel about their still-keen mind, their remaining agility.

The way Saul Shuller lived his longer-than-most-people's life was really something.

He swore by Vitamin E, never showed a bad attitude and believed crossword puzzles kept his mind fresh. He was in his 80s when he taught himself to use a computer, which he then used to teach himself to play bridge. He loaded classical music onto his iPad. He complained almost never - except about traffic on Interstate 75.

Instead of counting sheep when he couldn't fall asleep, the former piano student at the College Conservatory of Music counted Russian composers. Not long ago, he played Rachmaninov on the lobby piano at Cedar Village, the Mason nursing home where he recently stayed for rehabilitation after a fall.

Mr. Shuller quoted Shakespeare - something his children didn't even know he knew - on his deathbed.

He will be remembered by many as one of the Shullers who ran Shuller's Wigwam, the once-popular restaurant in College Hill. Mr. Shuller left the University of Cincinnati and his studies in piano and electrical engineering to help his father run the restaurant. (The restaurant lasted eight decades before closing in 2000 and was leveled in 2006).

"He just made life joyous," said his daughter, Barbara Hahn of Indian Hill. "He liked to tinker. He loved electronics. He was a comedian and a storyteller par excellence. You couldn't ask him a question and get a one-word answer. He'd say, 'Let me tell you a story about that."

Mr. Shuller died Sunday.

Accepting that the end was near, the funny grandfather and great-grandfather said earlier in the day there was an upside to death: at least he wouldn't have to watch another Bengals loss. He lived on his own in Amberley Village until this spring, but his health declined since. He was hospitalized recently and spent his last few days at Hospice of Cincinnati in Blue Ash.

Both Hahn and her brother, Mel Shuller of Montgomery, spoke about how much their father loved their mother, Lillian, who died in 1993. They met while both were vacationing in Florida in the summer of 1941. He proposed three days later and they married within months.

Mr. Shuller then enlisted in the military after the Pearl Harbor attack that December. His favorite story from his time in the South Pacific: He once got to play piano with Irving Berlin during a USO show.

After Mrs. Shuller passed, Mr. Shuller got plenty of attention from widowed ladies, his son said. But Mr. Shuller told them their mother was the love of his life and after 52 years with her he just couldn't possibly imagine wanting to be with anyone else.

"He wore his wedding ring until the end," his son said.

Mr. Shuller was also a big fan of all sports. The family supported the Cincinnati Royals, a former NBA franchise, with an annual party at the Wigwam. He loved UC sports, particularly basketball, and was a generous supporter.

Other survivors include a brother, Leo Shuller of Montgomery, with whom he ran the Wigwam for years; six grandchildren; and five great-grandchildren.

Services have been held. Mr. Shuller was buried in the Adath Israel Cemetery in Price Hill. His family got a laugh on the way there - the funeral procession got stuck in I-75 traffic. They knew Mr. Shuller would be watching, and grumbling about it one last time.

Memorials: Hospice of Cincinnati, 4360 Cooper Road, Cincinnati, OH 45242; Adath Israel Synagogue, 3201 E. Galbraith Road, Cincinnati, OH 45236; or the Jewish Community Center, 8485 Ridge Road, Cincinnati, OH 45236.