Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 09-28-2011, 08:39 PM   #11
tanda10506
Team President

Member Number: 17319
Default Re: Steelers’ Beat Writer: Texans Will Win

When Ben had at least a small amount of time, like in the first quarter of the Colts game, this offense can put up record type numbers. We could be a team not only known for defense but known for scoring. Unfortunately this line, the worst of then being Scott, can't give him even 2 seconds, which almost makes us one of the worst offenses, at least the most inconsistent. Our defense will come around, weather they step up one game and have a huge game, or they progress game by game, they will be like they always are by November. The offense seems like it could be the #1 NFL passing offense, or the #29 or #30 passing offense, all depending on the line. Our defense will always do enough to win if we don't turn it over 2 or 3 or 4 times, so it's up to the line and Ben. Either the line at least gives him a 2 or 3 second window, Ben steps up and doesn't make mistakes, and we win by 10 or the O line continues looking like the worst Steelers line in history and we lose.
tanda10506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 08:42 PM   #12
WickedSteel
Banned

Member Number: 17099

I had this chalked up as a loss as well. This defense has a history of not being able to stop the high powered, throw it all over the field offense like the Texans.

With the problems at O line, the Steelers offense will continue to struggle and not be able to put enough points on the board to out shoot teams like this. You better be able to score 30+ points to beat teams like this and so far the offense has shown nothing of the sort.

The defense will have problems against both the run and the pass. They allowed Joseph freaking Addai to gash them all night on Sunday and Foster and Tate will rumble all over them. Ike will likely be on Johnson but AJ can beat the best of them. They will also have problems with Jones, Walter and Daniels as well. The ONLY chance they have to stop them is to get to Shaub. So far there has been little production from their high paid LB corps. Woodley is MIA and Harrison looks like his back surgeries have slowed him down.

I figured that Houston and New England would be losses with a few more stinkers thrown in there for good measure. After the start this season, I can easily see 9-7 or even 8-8. That secondary will allow big pass plays and the porous O line won't be able to give Ben enough protection to make enough plays to win.
WickedSteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 08:53 PM   #13
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 5,798 Times in 2,680 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserei90 View Post
Ed Bouchette, the Steelers beat writer, gives his thoughts on the Texans game and why Pittsburgh has struggled so far this season.

http://t.co/vXTphZ7C
Bouchette: "I think Houston gonna win this game and it might be bigger than the bookies think."

http://twitter.com/#!/BenNance610/st...47835668168705
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 10:36 PM   #14
tanda10506
Team President

Member Number: 17319

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedSteel View Post
I had this chalked up as a loss as well. This defense has a history of not being able to stop the high powered, throw it all over the field offense like the Texans.

With the problems at O line, the Steelers offense will continue to struggle and not be able to put enough points on the board to out shoot teams like this. You better be able to score 30+ points to beat teams like this and so far the offense has shown nothing of the sort.

The defense will have problems against both the run and the pass. They allowed Joseph freaking Addai to gash them all night on Sunday and Foster and Tate will rumble all over them. Ike will likely be on Johnson but AJ can beat the best of them. They will also have problems with Jones, Walter and Daniels as well. The ONLY chance they have to stop them is to get to Shaub. So far there has been little production from their high paid LB corps. Woodley is MIA and Harrison looks like his back surgeries have slowed him down.

I figured that Houston and New England would be losses with a few more stinkers thrown in there for good measure. After the start this season, I can easily see 9-7 or even 8-8. That secondary will allow big pass plays and the porous O line won't be able to give Ben enough protection to make enough plays to win.
Houston is a good passing team but they are not the Patriots or Packers. They are #16 in the league. We are #6 and our passing game isn't that good yet. We can handle their passing, they are a good team but they aren't going to just throw all over us and blow us out.
tanda10506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 01:36 AM   #15
BGSU A Dub
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17389

This will be Ike's first true test this season. If Ike is able to lock up Johnson, I like our chances.

We also need Troy to keep being Troy.

Ike and the O-line will be the deciding factors IMO
BGSU A Dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 01:58 AM   #16
PhantomJB93
Head Coach

Member Number: 13907
My Mood: Yeehaw

IDK, I mean I'm a true fan but I'm realistic too and quite honestly when you consider how we've played to date I don't really see how you can legitimately pick the Texans to NOT beat us this week

The only really encouraging thing to me is that Troy finally looked like his playmaking self again last Sunday for the first time since last regular season, and Harrison looked a little better but still not 100%. Other than that everything about this team has seemed really underwhelming this year (compared to what we're used to, obviously we're still better than most teams but I'm just saying we look nothing like an elite team that just went to the Super Bowl), and the Texans have simply looked more impressive against tougher opponents.

I mean anything can happen Sunday but I'm just saying that from a fan perspective right now I'm not particularly optimistic and I don't blame Bouchette for picking the Texans
PhantomJB93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 02:04 AM   #17
BGSU A Dub
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17389

I agree with you that to date we haven't shown a whole lot, but at some point it has to turn around (especially if we are going to be a post-season contender). No better week to start turning it around against another playoff caliber team on the road.
BGSU A Dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 02:30 AM   #18
OX1947
Living Legend

Member Number: 723
Thanked 1,041 Times in 549 Posts

if the steelers want a shot at the division title, they have to win sunday while b-more loses.
OX1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 04:01 AM   #19
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Member Number: 18856
Thanked 3,494 Times in 1,572 Posts
My Mood: Tired

No matter how credible and well respected someone may be, I don't make my decisions based on other peoples thoughts. I think the Steelers will either step it up, and win this one. Or get beat badly. I don't see them losing badly, or losing at all for that matter. I see them running the ball on consecutive plays, and opening up a passing game. The defense will be blitzing like crazy, which may allow some passing succsess for Houston, but not enough to amount to anything big. In the end, Steelers come out on top.
Bayz101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 04:30 AM   #20
steeltheone
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 6351

I wouldnt throw any money on it...But it would be awesome to see the boys step it up and win this!