Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...
Bills
GAMEDAY
September 11, 2014, 8:25pm ET
CBS

Old 09-29-2011, 03:02 PM   #31
siss
Team Captain

Member Number: 1611
Default Re: Ben leaves practice early for "conference call"

Ben told Bouchette that he had a "family matter" to attend to, but everything is fine.

So maybe there is a little #7 on the way...can we draft the kid now?

He's ready, Steelers fans. His ordeal over, his return will be complete come Saturday in Arizona, when football again becomes the focus and a career briefly interrupted resumes.
~SI aticle 2006~
siss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 03:13 PM   #32
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts

Recapping Tomlin, Roethlisberger conference calls

Pittsburgh Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin and quarterback Ben Roethlisberger spoke to the Houston media via conference call on Wednesday. Here are some notes and key quotes from their respective calls:

Mike Tomlin conference call

The Steelers entered the week with health concerns at left tackle, right tackle and right guard after their offensive line was decimated by injuries on Sunday. Starting left tackle Jonathan Scott (ankle) and guard Doug Legursky (shoulder) did not practice Wednesday, but Tomlin is confident that whoever plays in Week 4 will get the job done. “We believe that everybody on our football team can be the reason why we win,” he said. “They’re competent and capable men. We try to hold them to that standard. We acknowledge that injury is as much a part of the game of football as blocking and tackling. This group has had more opportunities than others to display that, but it’s not our first rodeo in that regard. We expect these guys to step up, if given the opportunity, and play winning football for us.”

Tomlin was asked about the possibility of Texans running back Arian Foster returning to the field on Sunday and playing along with Ben Tate. “Obviously, we respect him and what he’s capable of doing on the football field, but I think that Tate and others have also shown us that these guys are going to be very capable of running the football and doing what it is they want to do offensively even if he’s not available,” Tomlin said. “We respect Arian Foster, but we also respect the Houston Texans run game in general and any back they choose to give it to. We better prepare ourselves to defend it.”

Tomlin gave a glowing review of Texans rookie defensive end J.J. Watt, the first-round pick from Wisconsin who has made a big play in each of his first three games (fumble recovery in Week 1, blocked field goal in Week 2, sack in Week 3). “I’m impressed,” Tomlin said. “I wouldn’t say that I’m surprised. I was at his pro day. Of course, I studied him leading up to the draft. He’s displaying the same things down there that made him a great player in Madison. He’s very instinctual. He plays with a high motor. He’s taking advantage of the opportunities presented.”

Tomlin said that Texans quarterback Matt Schaub is “tailor-made” to run the Texans’ offensive scheme. “The way they mix the play-action pass and mix the direction pass in with the run game, his ability to throw the ball from a variety of launch points, the rapport that he has of course with Andre Johnson… he needs no endorsement from me,” Tomlin said. “They’ve been doing it at a high level down there for a number of years, and I think the statistics and the video bears that out.”

Ben Roethlisberger conference call

Roethlisberger was comically candid when asked about what he’s looking forward to with the Texans’ defense. “I don’t know if I’m looking forward to it,” he said. “They’re a really good defense. It starts up front, obviously; great D-line, and the linebackers really get after it. (I’ve) got to watch some more film and get ready, because they present some problems.”

Roethlisberger’s take on going against outside linebacker Mario Williams: “Yeah, a little different than the outside linebackers I see every day. Just a freak; one of the, if not the, best. It’ll be a great challenge for our tackles. Last week, they had to go against two of the best that are speed guys and have a lot of moves and this guy’s just an absolute beast, so heck of a challenge.” Williams had two sacks and a forced fumble on Roethlisberger when the Texans and Steelers played in 2008.

The Steelers have turned the ball over 10 times, tied for most in the league, with six lost fumbles and four interceptions. Their -9 turnover differential is worst in the NFL. “I think turnovers is our number one bugaboo right now,” Roethlisberger said. “We’ve got to cut back on the turnovers, and that starts with me.”

With the Steelers struggling to run the ball this season, averaging less than 3.3 yards per carry, Roethlisberger was asked if there’s any sense of panic on offense. “It’s not panic,” he said. “We’re not panicked. I think you guys and the media and people and fans try and panic for us, and that’s fine. We’re a veteran enough group that we don’t do that and we just talk about what we need to do and get it done.” In other words, the sky is not falling after only three games.

http://blog.houstontexans.com/2011/0...ference-calls/
Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 04:37 PM   #33
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,639 Times in 1,572 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer View Post
The wifey called, she wanted him to bring home some bread and milk
and batteries.

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 04:43 PM   #34
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,639 Times in 1,572 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACH1 View Post
I'm guessing it's something with his lawyers or some sort of family emergency. Wifey being prego isn't exactly an emergency.
doesn't he still have a lawsuit pending ?

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 05:08 PM   #35
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 8,015 Times in 3,428 Posts

it was a booty call.
Old 09-29-2011, 05:41 PM   #36
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 4,937 Times in 1,840 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
doesn't he still have a lawsuit pending ?
In Tahoe I believe. Thats why I thought maybe something happened with that.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote