Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 09-29-2011, 09:07 AM   #61
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 3,700 Times in 1,777 Posts
My Mood: Fine
Default Re: Cut Scott tomorrow

"Roethlisberger said he audibled to a pass to Wallace but nobody on the line knew it"

THIS is not acceptable. This is the type of crap that makes me scratch my head. Cmon - do we need to email a list of things they have to know pat before game day?

Look into my eyes
SF Haters
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 10:50 AM   #62
smheart78
Water Boy

Member Number: 13973

That was not a run, Mendy knew the handoff was a fake play action. So. then, should have the line. That line seems too frantically worried about the opposition instead of the intangibles of the play call. Serious focus on the calls will go a long way to help the line. Missed gaps, missed assignments, etc. should go away over time and the line should start to gel. It just sucks that turn over at the line will make this take longer.
smheart78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 03:14 PM   #63
Steelersfan87
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 18585

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post
I don't think it was part of the play design to let freeney in without getting touched. Getting beat is one thing but Scott WHIFFED. how do you whiff on a 300 lb target? That play was 100% Scott's fault, you can't convince me otherwise if you watch the play again

At the very least, he could have stopped the progress of the colts defender, instead he stood there with his hands on his hips, watching ben get hit and doing NOTHING until the defender has a good 3 seconds to scoop the ball and start running with it.

what a worthless pile of shit.

the FO is just doing the politically correct thing by not throwing scott under the bus. however they're probably thinking what everyone else is, just we have nobody to replace him.
See, this is when things start to get out of hand.

First of all...what the **** is wrong with you? What kind of person are you? Jonathan Scott is a "worthless pile of shit" because he happens to play poorly for the team that you like the most? Get a god damn sense of perspective. This is the point at which things go too far. The quality of an individual has nothing to do with how well he performs athletically, something that a lot of people seem to forget. Whether you meant it or it was hyperbole or whatever, to even go in that direction is really sad. Did he beat his wife or baby? Did he kill a dog? Did he rob somebody? Come on, get real. This is why I joked a couple weeks ago that I wish Bruce Arians would get cancer. Fans get so worked up that they actually build up a dislike, or even hatred, of otherwise good people simply because they don't live up to the expectations of fans in performing their jobs in what is literally a game.

Also, this has nothing to do with the front office or being politically correct. What kind of absurd conspiracy theory is this? Besides, there's plenty of evidence to support the claim that Roethlisberger, unbeknownst to 9 other players running the play, was ad-libbing and not doing what he was supposed to do. Both Kemo and Miller take off downfield. Had he actually gone deep to Wallace, they would have had ineligible men downfield. Also, it's pretty obvious that Scott deliberately turns a short corner as he was expecting a short drop. He can't see Ben stepping back 5 of more steps...and the problem with that is that Freeney could, making it easy for him to just speed past Scott.

Nobody here is defending Scott as a quality left tackle or a long-term solution of any sort. But some of the piling on is seriously excessive, and angling toward personal insults and attacks is way too far.
Steelersfan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 03:58 PM   #64
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
It was a run - Kemo is 5 yards down the field past the line of scrimmage if you click on this link

http://www.nfl.com/videos/pittsburgh...ack-11-yd-loss

Roethlisberger said he audibled to a pass to Wallace but nobody on the line knew it
Not only that, but take a peak at where Mendy is when Freeney gets past Scott. They can call it an "option" if they want, but that was as clear a running play as I've ever seen. Would've been at least 5-10 yard gain. Very stupid.
Old 09-29-2011, 06:56 PM   #65
BKAnthem
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 13149

this is all fine and good but it became apparent early that Scott was nowhere near capable of handling freeney...not even A little bit
BKAnthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 07:13 PM   #66
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKAnthem View Post
this is all fine and good but it became apparent early that Scott was nowhere near capable of handling freeney...not even A little bit
I don't think anyone is arguing for Scott. He's not good. Period. But Freeney makes lots of people look no good. And the only play that Freeney had that meant anything - the sack and fumble - was not Scott's fault. That's what we're saying.
Old 09-29-2011, 07:50 PM   #67
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,756 Times in 2,929 Posts

it does kinda help to know that ben has been "going rogue". couple that with accusations of him being a diva and drama queen and i guess that makes him the sarah palin of the nfl.

the only difference is sarah palin was accused of raping an entire state.

(i kill me)
Old 09-29-2011, 08:08 PM   #68
DanRooney
Head Coach

Member Number: 16248

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodens Grav View Post
See, this is when things start to get out of hand.

First of all...what the **** is wrong with you? What kind of person are you? Jonathan Scott is a "worthless pile of shit" because he happens to play poorly for the team that you like the most? Get a god damn sense of perspective. This is the point at which things go too far. The quality of an individual has nothing to do with how well he performs athletically, something that a lot of people seem to forget. Whether you meant it or it was hyperbole or whatever, to even go in that direction is really sad. Did he beat his wife or baby? Did he kill a dog? Did he rob somebody? Come on, get real. This is why I joked a couple weeks ago that I wish Bruce Arians would get cancer. Fans get so worked up that they actually build up a dislike, or even hatred, of otherwise good people simply because they don't live up to the expectations of fans in performing their jobs in what is literally a game.

Also, this has nothing to do with the front office or being politically correct. What kind of absurd conspiracy theory is this? Besides, there's plenty of evidence to support the claim that Roethlisberger, unbeknownst to 9 other players running the play, was ad-libbing and not doing what he was supposed to do. Both Kemo and Miller take off downfield. Had he actually gone deep to Wallace, they would have had ineligible men downfield. Also, it's pretty obvious that Scott deliberately turns a short corner as he was expecting a short drop. He can't see Ben stepping back 5 of more steps...and the problem with that is that Freeney could, making it easy for him to just speed past Scott.

Nobody here is defending Scott as a quality left tackle or a long-term solution of any sort. But some of the piling on is seriously excessive, and angling toward personal insults and attacks is way too far.
You apparently don't know when someone is being facetious. He obviously did not literally mean he's a "pile of shit." He meant to that he sucks as a LT and should not be starting at LT. And your backlash here was personal than his was imo.
Old 09-29-2011, 08:29 PM   #69
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,756 Times in 2,929 Posts

i get it that people will use the internetz message boards to vent their anger and sadness after their favorite teams loss, but those who are calling scott the worst lineman ever, obviously have short term memory loss and have forgotten sean mahan.
Old 09-29-2011, 09:13 PM   #70
Steelersfan87
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 18585

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanRooney View Post
You apparently don't know when someone is being facetious. He obviously did not literally mean he's a "pile of shit." He meant to that he sucks as a LT and should not be starting at LT. And your backlash here was personal than his was imo.
That's quite obviously not the point.
Steelersfan87 is offline   Reply With Quote