Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 09-30-2011, 02:58 PM   #11
kirklandrules
Team Captain

Member Number: 8659
Default Re: Sad but True

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloppbeast View Post
Maybe you forgot about the Steelers defeat in the SB.
Not at all, but my point was that the Steelers have had more success winning championships than a team that always looks undefeatable in the regular season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloppbeast View Post
This offense sucks, at least it has sucked the past 3 games. You can't deny it. Hopefully it will improve.
Totally agree with that. It's a long season and somehow I take comfort in knowing that the Steelers have sucked real bad on offense and still have a 2-1 record ... even if the opponents are not top quality, it beats being 0-3.
kirklandrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 03:05 PM   #12
cloppbeast
Team Captain

Member Number: 16124

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirklandrules View Post
I take comfort in knowing that the Steelers have sucked real bad on offense and still have a 2-1 record ... even if the opponents are not top quality, it beats being 0-3.
I'm not real sure how to take it in. It all depends on how the rest of the season goes. If we go 10-6 and squeeze into the play-offs, yes I would take comfort in our 2-1 record, retrospectively. If we go 6-10 and miss the playoffs, our 2-1 record doesn't mean anything; it's no consolation. In fact, these 2 wins would have moved us back a few spots in the draft, and we would probably miss the opportunity to trade up to get Andrew Luck.
cloppbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 03:50 PM   #13
Steelerfreak58
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 8080

This team will be lucky to limp into the playoffs. The schedule looks pretty weak besides the pats and ravens but then again "unleash hell" can haunt a team...
Old 09-30-2011, 04:40 PM   #14
Third Rail
Team Captain

Member Number: 16177

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirklandrules View Post
You forgot about the defeat in the SB. But that's fine, tell only the side of the story that makes your point. My point is that we have a team that may go up and down, but overall has great success (and has won more SBs in the last few years than the mighty Patricheats).
And I think you're forgetting that the Steelers just lost a Super Bowl. Does that make last season a failure?

Look, I gloated like hell when the Pats choked in the Super Bowl, because I hate them as much as you do. But it doesn't take away from the fact that they played well that entire year (and kicked the Steelers' asses, I might add). So if Pittsburgh were to go out and level every damned team for an entire season but choke in the SB or somewhere else in the post-season, I think I could live with that, as opposed to seeing them lose games they should have won here and there or possibly miss the playoffs altogether.
Third Rail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 01:15 PM   #15
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 4,893 Times in 2,310 Posts
My Mood: Fine

Three things:

1. Because of the Steelers' overall success over the past decade - you can't deny everyone is playing us like it is their Super Bowl or a statement game. They want to prove they can beat the contender/champ. This team has never thrived after winning Super Bowls. And while we are 2-1 now, just look at the post-SB 43 season. We started off like 6-2 and then collapsed.

2. The flip side to that is you can argue things either way. You can come out and say Green Bay looks unbeatable and are 3-0 in impressive fasion, they look even better than last season, . they have the mental toughness to repeat or make it back to the show. Or - you can say it is only the beginning of the season and they will peter off at the end while the Steelers will get slowly better and are battle tested.

3. If the offense doesn't gel - nothing else will matter.

I'VE GOT SOME YOUTHFUL ADJUSTMENTS FOR 'DAT AZZ
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 09:11 AM   #16
plenewken
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 3447

With the OL we have and with Ben moving as slowly as he does and needing at least 5 or 6 seconds to throw an half-accurate pass into coverage, I don't see the Steelers being a factor this year.
Stats don't lie. Subtract the pts scored by our defense and special teams and you'll see that our offense ranked in the bottom tier of the NFL in terms of points scored pretty much every season since Arians coaches it.
The Steelers's defense has been carrying the team for several years. If its production drops, it'll be a short football season in the Burgh.
plenewken is offline   Reply With Quote