Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 10-03-2011, 07:22 AM   #21
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Member Number: 16666
Thanked 2,388 Times in 1,117 Posts
Default Re: Offense gets a pass!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoneBlitzer View Post
The sole reason for today's loss is on the offense. The Steelers do not have a modern day 2011 offense. They have a pop gun offense that operates in fits and spurts. The defense is finally bankrupt and are incapable of cashing the bouncing cheques from the O. It is time that the O lead this team for a change.
The sole reason? Really? Lol...not even close. They are certainly part of the reason, and they certainly sucked, but were you even watching the game when the defense was on the field? It was a nightmare. No run pressure, no pass pressure either...the only bright spot on the day were the penalties on the Texans, or it would have been 31-10 (or more).

The defense was also on the field first, before the offense ever was (until the first quarter was almost over), and allowed a long, drawn out, TD drive right off the bat. So, while in the past you may have had a point, in the here and now, your point (about bouncing checks or whatever) isn't really that valid. The only Steelers TO came in the last seconds of the game from a hail mary bomb. Yes, the offense needs a lot of changes...but they are not the reason the defense has been horrible so far this year.

Absolutely abysmal on all sides of the ball. The sole reason for the loss last night was everyone sucked. Period.

http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16666&dateline=129531  3365
SteelCityMom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 08:16 AM   #22
BIGNASTY91
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 18495

When the offense ends the first half with a time of possesion around 5 mins os so( give or take) The defense has no choice but to be tired and worn out. Im not standing up for the defense because they have there problems also, But if the O-Line could protect Ben and allow them to stay on the field a little longer than 3 snaps before the D comes back out on the field, The D might look a lil better. The O-Line has got to give Ben some time in the pocket. We saw it yesterday after halftime. If they can halfass protect him they can move the ball. The coaching staff needs to man up and admit they have a problem, and begin trying to get this thing turned around!!!!
BIGNASTY91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 09:02 AM   #23
Steelerindc
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 15880

I think after this year "WhiZ" will be available for a OC job. Do you think he would be good back here as an OC?
Steelerindc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 07:19 PM   #24
cubanstogie
Head Coach

Member Number: 3082

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelerindc View Post
I think after this year "WhiZ" will be available for a OC job. Do you think he would be good back here as an OC?
what about head coach. BA gets all the blame and LeBeau gets all the credit. Both deserve what they get for the most part. So I ask what exactly is Tomlin responsible for. I see him as Herm Edwards. A motivator thats it. I have seen more mistakes in managing games and throwing the red flag than great moves. Redman coming in last week was a good move then it turns out it was due to injury so not really a coaches decision. I am not saying fire him, I am just kinda of wondering out loud why Tomlin gets a pass and Arians is to blame for out terrible offense and O line. Lets face it, if Tomlin wanted to run an offense with a FB or didn't like the bubble screen to Hines, or didn't like the empty backfield on goal line situations( I could go on) then he would over rule BA and run things like he wanted, I presume. If a move is not made for an O lineman he is in denial.
cubanstogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 07:53 PM   #25
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubanstogie View Post
what about head coach. BA gets all the blame and LeBeau gets all the credit. Both deserve what they get for the most part. So I ask what exactly is Tomlin responsible for. I see him as Herm Edwards. A motivator thats it. I have seen more mistakes in managing games and throwing the red flag than great moves. Redman coming in last week was a good move then it turns out it was due to injury so not really a coaches decision. I am not saying fire him, I am just kinda of wondering out loud why Tomlin gets a pass and Arians is to blame for out terrible offense and O line. Lets face it, if Tomlin wanted to run an offense with a FB or didn't like the bubble screen to Hines, or didn't like the empty backfield on goal line situations( I could go on) then he would over rule BA and run things like he wanted, I presume. If a move is not made for an O lineman he is in denial.
Yes and no. Tomlin can shuffle the deck he is given, but that deck is determined largely (if not exclusively) by Colbert. Ain't nothing he can do now about the O-line.

We have a substantial body of evidence regarding Dick Lebeau which tells us that his unit will get things straightened out before too long. With Lebeau one sees both consistency and a willingness to make adjustments. What one comes to expect from his units are sustained periods of dominance.

On the other hand, when was the last time you can recall the offense stringing together more than two, maybe three convincing performances all in a row? It is absolutely flabbergasting! There's a reason Arians can't put a similar sort of track record together: he doesn't really know what he's doing.

Ultimately it's on Tomlin, true. If his coaches cannot be held accountable (and it would appear they cannot) then neither should his players. How bad did things have to get with Shitthebedsky before he got fired? Is that really how bad Arians needs to be just to get canned?
Old 10-06-2011, 07:16 AM   #26
BKAnthem
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 13149

Tomlin deserves to get as long a leasch as Cowher...but he needs to put his foot down more...On his OC or fire him and especially on his GM...Cowher always had influence in the draft room and on the field....Tomlin after two SB appearances still has no sway? at least as reported by some on here.....there is no reason why he shouldn't have the same Juice as Cowher did, and seeing what he sees on the field demand better drafting on the OLine and secondary....
BKAnthem is offline   Reply With Quote