Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 10-03-2011, 07:53 PM   #31
cloppbeast
Team Captain

Member Number: 16124
Default Re: Turning Point of the Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
i think its a stretch to say that particular play wasnt.

anyone with the reading comprehension of a 6th grader, and the attention span capable of getting them through several posts, clearly see's that my take isnt that an iffy call was the turning point of the game, but failure to prevent a a 6 yd, third down conversion. (which would have prevented the WINNING score) was. we get the ball back there, and i believe we win the game.

do people really believe smoking 8 lbs of reefer is safe and DOESNT kill brain cells?

un****ingbelievable.
Will you just take it easy?

I understand the play was the turning point in the game. That's a given.

You said the call was the turning point of the game. I don't buy it. The Steelers leaving the guy wide open was the turning point. Whether it was a catch or not was debatable; but I don't think the refs failing side with us on an iffy call should be considered a turning point in the game.
cloppbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 08:13 PM   #32
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,204 Times in 2,670 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloppbeast View Post

agree. the play was definitely the turning point, and the steelers failure to prevent a 3rd down pick up is ultimately to blame.

just as easilly as the call coulda been called like ive seen it dozens of times before (incomplete), it coulda been a few inches higher and been a spectacular (legit) shoestring catch.

i just like to point out the inconsistancies of calls and how they can contribute to such turning points. if the refs called incomplete there was nothing to overturn it. in a game of inches and momentum, it worked out in the texsans favor.

as i said, there was still over a quarter to right the ship., but the team seemed beaten and deflated after that quick TD.
Old 10-03-2011, 10:13 PM   #33
Stallion
Water Boy

Member Number: 18891

I went to Houston for the game. Yes, O line is patchwork but the D can't stop the RUN. Turning point of the game was when Foster ran onto the field then proceeded to pound out 155 yards, plus another 20 from Tate-almost 200 on the ground. Texans lost Andre early but overcame that plus 14 points off the board from penalties and a sack/fumble overturned. Hard to imagine this team was in SB last February.
Stallion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 10:42 PM   #34
Rotorhead
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 703

Well there are a few others we could put in place, Woodley losing containment on Foster, and instead of trying to tackle him or even slow him, he tries for a strip and in the process takes out a pursuing Troy, resulting in a Houston TD. Or the end of the first half Pouncey Debacle giving us 0 pts instead a possible 7 or for sure 3. Or BA changing from a power running game (which got us a nice long drive to the redzone) to the crap that didnt work all game resulting in a FG.
Rotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 01:11 AM   #35
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,204 Times in 2,670 Posts

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...-point/100929/

Quote:
via press release:

NFL FILMS & NBC SPORTS GROUP PARTNER TO PRESENT NFL TURNING POINT – A NEW WEEKLY SERIES ON VERSUS

NFL Turning Point Debuts Thursday, September 15, at 10 p.m. ET/PT

First NFL Program Ever on VERSUS

NEW YORK – August 22, 2011 – Every game has a turning point and NFL Films and the NBC Sports Group are partnering to cover that crucial moment for football fans in a more in-depth way than ever before by launching a new one-hour program, NFL Turning Point, that will air weekly on VERSUS during the NFL regular season. It is the first NFL program ever to air on VERSUS, which will be re-named the NBC Sports Network on January 2. The announcement was made today by NFL Films President Steve Sabol and Mark Lazarus, Chairman, NBC Sports Group.

Each week, NFL Films will utilize its unprecedented access to cover two games in its traditional behind-the-scenes, award-winning style. The crucial moment in each game -- its turning point -- will be examined in-depth and from all angles using NFL Films’ unmatched cinematography, sideline and on-field audio as well as postgame access to players and coaches.

“Showcasing the sounds and images of the game, from the smallest detail to the big picture has been our strength for nearly 50 years,” said Sabol. “We are thrilled to get an opportunity to produce that type of show with a new partner in VERSUS.”

The new program debuts Thursday, September 15, at 10 p.m. ET/PT and airs a new episode at that time every week through November 3. Beginning on November 10, when Thursday night NFL games begin on NFL Network, new episodes of NFL Turning Point will air at midnight ET.

“NFL Turning Point is symbolic of the high-quality, relevant programming viewers will see more of on our national, all-sports cable platform,” said Lazarus. “It unites two of sports’ premier storytellers in NBC Sports and NFL Films to bring viewers a new perspective on the game.”

NFL Turning Point will often include games featuring teams that are playing against each other the upcoming week on NBC’s Sunday Night Football, providing additional promotion for the No. 1 primetime show of the fall.

-- NBC Sports Group --
so out of 16 weeks per game, the producers pick 2 games, that have the most crucial and obvious "turning point" to highlight.

out of the 16 games in week 4, nfl films production, and nbc sports decided to highlight the texans-steelers game.

hmmmm.... i wonder what single play in the game was the one they decided to define as the "turning point"?

NOTE: before the season the VP of nbc sports gave an interview to sirius radio about this show and the target audience. it isnt a typical highlight show for the average fan that only has rudimentary understanding of the game. it targets the die hard fans who search for in depth knowledge and analysis; those whos understanding of the x's and o's and intricate details of wins and losses are above the line. basically, this show targets the die hard football junkies.

they better fire that guy and hire somebody from this message board who knows and understands more football than steve and ed sabol.

they obviously miss the mark by not making an ESPN highlight of a 40 yd td run the central focus of a 20 minute segment.

basically, i started this thread already knowing that single play would make the show. some things are only "obvious" to some.