Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 10-06-2011, 08:28 AM   #21
SteeleReign
Team President

Member Number: 13943
Default Re: Polamalu Missed Tackles

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanRooney View Post
Troy has been making a ton of tackles and has been all over the field. He's one of the only defenders playing. Being critical of his play is beyond stupid when you have guys like Smith, Farrior, Foote and Woodley sucking ass. It's like saying Mike Wallace isn't getting open because he only had 77 yards instead of 100 last game.
I'M NOT BEING CRITICAL OF TROY! Read my post again. I'm being critical of the lack of pass rush. Troy can't do it all by himself - he needs the help so he can be his usual free-lancing disruptive self.
SteeleReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 12:54 PM   #22
kirklandrules
Team Captain

Member Number: 8659

Quote:
Being critical of his play is beyond stupid when you have guys like Smith, Farrior, Foote and Woodley sucking ass.
You forgot to include Hampton, Keisel, Hood, Heyward, Clark, etc, etc. I don't think much has changed since the Ravens game where Tomlin cited Sepuleda as being the only player he thought performed well.
kirklandrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 11:08 PM   #23
Riddle_Of_Steel
Head Coach

Member Number: 13727

Troy changed his offseason workout regiment his year from his usual high-impact training he does down here in San Juan Capistrano:

...in favor of attending whatever that camp is in Florida that Farrior and Taylor go to. Is a training regimen designed around "extending shelf life", as opposed to playing like a bullet with no regard to his health like he usually does.

That might have something to do with it.
Old 10-07-2011, 01:39 AM   #24
DanRooney
Banned

Member Number: 16248

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirklandrules View Post
You forgot to include Hampton, Keisel, Hood, Heyward, Clark, etc, etc. I don't think much has changed since the Ravens game where Tomlin cited Sepuleda as being the only player he thought performed well.
Farrior/Foote are players most of us expected to suck.

The real problem is Lamarr Woodley. I was never high on him to begin with. I always thought he was overrated because he would do little to nothing for 8 games out of the year and then play spectacular in the other half of the season. But this year he's brought it to a new level. He's absolutely terrible out there. They are double teaming Harrison and leaving Woodley one-on-one with tight ends and he still can't get any pressure. He's in the prime of his career. You would think he'd be able to pick up the slack from some of the older guys who have lost a step. But his crappy play is actually making their jobs a hell of a lot harder.
DanRooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 02:34 AM   #25
OX1947
Living Legend

Member Number: 723
Thanked 1,265 Times in 639 Posts

I'm amazed at some of the stuff Steeler fans think about Troy. If there are 50 plays in a game, he is around 40 of them. The guy is always there. What do you want him to do, he is human, he cant make every tackle and as amazing as he is at being everywhere, he is still one man playing 11.
OX1947 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 07:28 AM   #26
Rick5895
Team President

Member Number: 5148

Quote:
Farrior/Foote are players most of us expected to suck.

The real problem is Lamarr Woodley. I was never high on him to begin with. I always thought he was overrated because he would do little to nothing for 8 games out of the year and then play spectacular in the other half of the season. But this year he's brought it to a new level. He's absolutely terrible out there. They are double teaming Harrison and leaving Woodley one-on-one with tight ends and he still can't get any pressure. He's in the prime of his career. You would think he'd be able to pick up the slack from some of the older guys who have lost a step. But his crappy play is actually making their jobs a hell of a lot harder.
Absolutely agree on Woodley. Teams are max protecting on us so we are going to strugle with a pass rush. My biggest concern with Woodley so far is he seems to always be out of position on run plays. Not keeping contain, over running angles. When you are on the outside and you don't maintain your responsibilities the defense breaks down then you get things like Fosters cut back on his 40 yard td. People on that play point to Troy missing a tackle, but it was Woodley who was out of position. If he's where he should be, Foster is tackled for little or no gain. That has been common place with Woodley this season. Scheme on Defense is more about everyone doing thier respective jobs than any one great individual effort. We are having far too many individual breakdowns starting with Woodley, farrior and Smith.
Rick5895 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 10:41 AM   #27
kirklandrules
Team Captain

Member Number: 8659

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick5895 View Post
Absolutely agree on Woodley. Teams are max protecting on us so we are going to strugle with a pass rush. My biggest concern with Woodley so far is he seems to always be out of position on run plays. Not keeping contain, over running angles. When you are on the outside and you don't maintain your responsibilities the defense breaks down then you get things like Fosters cut back on his 40 yard td. People on that play point to Troy missing a tackle, but it was Woodley who was out of position. If he's where he should be, Foster is tackled for little or no gain. That has been common place with Woodley this season. Scheme on Defense is more about everyone doing thier respective jobs than any one great individual effort. We are having far too many individual breakdowns starting with Woodley, farrior and Smith.
Guess I don't get when one person or just a few people are singled out. That's like giving Tony Stewart a speeding ticket at the Daytona 500. The entire team is playing like crap with very few exceptions. This team reminds me of Cowher's last year ... that seemed like a team full of talent that took the year off.
kirklandrules is offline   Reply With Quote