Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 10-16-2011, 06:35 AM   #61
finesward
Team Captain

Member Number: 14448
Default Re: Offensive signatures

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebus36idf View Post
I could debate the premise, but it opens up a whole other can worms. I respect your answer, and still contend for me to say God loves amputees or God hates amputees carries an entirely different conentation. To say I love someone can't by it's nature be offensive. to say I hate someone can. If I said I love you you'd probably think that's nice or feel a sense of joy from it,. it's positive. To say I hate you or even better to make the claim on someones behalf will almost always bring up emotions of haterd back. Not in my case, but in many. If you don't believe me go into a jail and say I hate convicts and see what happens. then say I love them and see what happens. Or any social group of people. gays, blacks, cristians muslims etc... Am I really out of line here, because I don't understand why people can't see it's potential harm, or offense. So If I said God hates you it carries the same emotional response as if I said God loves you. No. One by nature can't be offensive, one can. we keep getting off the point that my opinion was just an opinion as was there's.
Go to a mosque in Afghanistan and say god loves christians. Yes some will be offended. Go to a conservative Baptist church in Alabama and say god loves homosexuals. Some will be offended. Using god loves can be equally offensive as god hates.

You or anyone else that may get offended by anyone in sf has the ability to ignore anyone and no longer see any of their posts. You asked wouldn't it be nice if i could come here and not be exposed to others offensive beliefs? (or something to that effect) the reality is you can with the aid of the ignore feature.

And ill quickly pass on saying I love u to a bunch of guys that have been locked away for a long time.....lol. they might fine me kinda purrrrrrty
finesward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 09:24 AM   #62
thebus36idf
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 6089

Quote:
So now I'm self righteous becauseI retaliated to a personal attack?!? Funny stuff. I said you were being thin-skinned about a couple of general quotes/phrases, not about personal attacks upon yourself. You're damn right I'm going to respond to a personal attack on my intelligence and I did it in kind which you appear to have taken issue with, so I guess that proves you DO have thin-skin. I really don't care what you think of me and, no, I don't want to be your friend. Just because I said nothing you say bothers me does not mean I'd like to chum around with you. That's a really silly conclusion.
[/QUOTE]

Quote:
Some people need to "sack up" and quit whining over words. I don't care if it hurts your wittle feewings. Go to the Sesame Street forum and brush up on your addition with The Count if you don't want to be offended with words. It seems to be much more your speed.
I'll just refer you again to the above quote by you.
Quote:

SOME PEOPLE
(i guess you meant some people not including you)
Quote:
NEED TO "SACK UP AND QUITE WHINING OVER WORDS
(I guess you should have been more clear on what words)
Quote:
I DON'T CARE IF IT HURTS YOUR WITTLE FEEWINGS
(by this we shouldn't care if we hurt feeling so the "hostility" of the words as you put it shouldn't matter)
Quote:
GO TO SESAME STREET FORUM AND BRUSH UP ON YOUR ADDITION WITH THE COUNT IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BE OFFENDED BY WORDS
(couldn't be any clearer people shouldn't be offended by words)
Quote:
IT SEEMS TO BE MORE UP TO YOUR SPEED
( toooo shayyyy PUSSSSSY CAT).

Quote:
So now I'm self righteous because I retaliated to a personal attack?!?
Do i need to keep going back and retrieving your own words because you don't apply your owh rules to youself??
You said that the people that do the above are self righteous thin-skinned people so again by your view of things YES. BY MINE... NO!!! If you would calm down enough to think it through you would see our whole dialogue has been because you applied the above to me, thus I'm thin-skinned, and self-righteous. And distinctly made that claim about me. That's not my worldview. So No.. I don't think anything about you, I don't even know you. So lighten up a little. Maybe we can meet at a game and have a beverage, or you can even knock me out, if it will make you feel better. Enjoy the game!

Last edited by thebus36idf; 10-16-2011 at 11:03 AM.
thebus36idf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 09:33 AM   #63
thebus36idf
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 6089

Quote:
Originally Posted by finesward View Post
Go to a mosque in Afghanistan and say god loves christians. Yes some will be offended. Go to a conservative Baptist church in Alabama and say god loves homosexuals. Some will be offended. Using god loves can be equally offensive as god hates.

You or anyone else that may get offended by anyone in sf has the ability to ignore anyone and no longer see any of their posts. You asked wouldn't it be nice if i could come here and not be exposed to others offensive beliefs? (or something to that effect) the reality is you can with the aid of the ignore feature.

And ill quickly pass on saying I love u to a bunch of guys that have been locked away for a long time.....lol. they might fine me kinda purrrrrrty
Great point about the Mosque, but we know that in the Mosque envirnment it would carry a negative aspect. So you got me there, but that's why we wouldn't do it. we know that potentially it could carry a very negative response. To not care is one thing, but then to be surprised when someone reacts is another. As for the Baptists and homosexuals well that is simply unexplainable.As well as unjustifiable

I do volunteer in the prisons, and I do say I love them, now you got me worried ENJOY THE GAME!!
thebus36idf is offline   Reply With Quote