Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS
Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2011, 12:21 AM   #101
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,774 Times in 2,937 Posts
Default Re: James Farrior has become worthless to this defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtbsteeler View Post
You're the dumbass. STATS? That's hilarious. Do you watch the games? Don't compare Ray Lewis to James Farrior. Who do you trust to still knock the shit out of someone and be in position to make a play. Farrior or Lewis?

Only an idiot thinks that being a fan is someone who never criticizes the players, regardless. William Gay had a pretty good season last year to be honest. But I would love to see what you wrote about him after the Pats and Green Bay games last season.

Did you say James Farrior is still a Top Ten (in the league) ILB? Strictly on stats? That tells me you don't watch any other games, period. You've only watched Steeler games this season, that's clear to me. That statement will come back to haunt. I'm glad you said that stupidity. It let's me know what I'm working with.

James Farrior is (right now) a Top 10 ILB. Really? Aww, man. I did give you the benefit of the doubt and chalked it up as being a passionate fan until you said that. Farrior is a Top 10 ILB. WOOOWWWW. Everyone pause for a second and let that sink in. Unfreaking believable. I'll give you a chance to recant that bullshit. You've put a bullseye on Farrior's chest and your big forehead.
no soup for you!

on second thought, drink up!

YOU were gonna give me the benefit of the doubt???

put your money where your mouth is.

how many 49ers, texans, ravens, cowboys games have you watched this year (i'll let you try to guess why i included the cowboys)?

explain the difference between a MLB and ILB

and offer up the 10 ILB's who are performing better than james this season, and who you suggest replacing james with.

in the meantime...

(i'll check back in a few days to see if you actually have the nuts to answer.)
Old 10-28-2011, 12:31 AM   #102
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeltheone View Post
Now comeon ....Timmons has been on the outside for atleast 2 games..
Yup, and in one of those games he had (get this) zero stats. Not even a half-tackle. Nada. Zilch.

I'd like for you to go ahead and do the research and find me the last time James Harrison failed to turn up on the stat sheet in a game he started and finished. Or better yet, find me the last game Farrior failed to notch a stat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtbsteeler View Post
Farrior must have some family members in here. Nothing personal folks. Just football talk. I appreciate James' contributions, but see he can easily be replaced.
By whom? You people talk like there's an all-pro in the wings, or a great free agent out there and the Steelers have boatloads of cap money to throw at "the problem". And again: what problem? You'd think we were dead last in run D the way you people are talking.
Old 10-28-2011, 02:40 AM   #103
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Member Number: 18856
Thanked 3,614 Times in 1,629 Posts
My Mood: Tired

Until both Harrison is back and him and Woodley are playing at the highest level, Timmons won't perform highly. He needs those guys to step up and take some attention off him. With just him and Woodley he's noticed much more out their. So until our defense is healthy, Farrior will continue to step up.

If you think Farrior needs to go, even with him outplaying everyone on our defense statistically, you need help.

As for Dan: Wtf dude? ONCE AGAIN. We never said he was going to go blind or even implied that?? READ OUR POSTS! You obviously pull the best available uneducated comeback out of your rectum, lube it up and and wing it! I haven't seen so much crap on the internet since Two girls one cup!

C'mon dude. I never disliked you in the first place, but your making it oh-so easy! I apologise if i'm breaking the terms of this board, but this guy needed a roast! From what iv'e read on here, he's the reincarnation of Thumper (Dumper) and Tim Lumber (Dumber).

"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.

Last edited by Bayz101; 10-28-2011 at 03:00 AM.
Old 10-28-2011, 04:16 AM   #104
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanRooney View Post
Tony is worse than thumper. He's the only guy I have a problem with on the board. Most of my posts were very civil until tony came along trolling and bashing almost everything I and a few others posted.

Do you see how he reacts to jtbsteeler's post? Like a little child who's having a temper tantrum. Makes everything personal and thinks everyone wrong is him. Tony is an absolute idiot with no opinions or useful knowledge to contribute. The only opinion about the team ever gave was Arians sucks. Real eye opener there!!!

Obviously James Harrison isn't going blind. You said it. I said it. So what are you arguing?
You see man, iv'e been here for long enough to post 171 times. I notice that Tony has running arguments with a few guys on here. But as a new member, I also see he has 30,000 posts. So in my mind for a guy with that many posts I expect some attention to be on him, 'ya know?

As for you. The only reason I have been agitated with you is due to your matter of posting. It seems to me that when someone posts their opinion, your not far off. Usually within minutes your back with your sarcasm and unintelligent statements ready to piss some people off. But that's just what iv'e seen.

I recall a thread regarding Farrior's play. Almost everyone in the thread was repeatedly bashing his skill set. THE MINUTE someone mildly educated comes in and says that Farrior is playing well, not only do you change his words, you bash him. "Farrior is having a solid year? "

"He's easily the worst player on our starting defense this year."

But like I said earlier, I have a mere 171 posts, you have nearly 1000, and Tony has 30,000. I'll refrain from profiling anybody, but when I KNOW something isn't right, or when I KNOW someone is attacking me, i'm going to speak up.

PS: Farrior is the best player on our defense. He is not only doing great statistically, he's providing great leadership. He also has a few sacks up his sleeve on top of all that! And THAT is MY opinion. The one i'm entitled to. So are you going to come at me with "I suggest you start watching the games more or reading something more helpful steelers analysis than dictionary.com."?

So come on. Bash my opinions. That's all iv'e seen you do. Not just mine, but any opinion that isn't yours! I hope now you know why I have been complaining, it's only in self defense. I'm sorry for anything iv'e said to you or anybody else in this forum that you didn't like, and i'm ready to step up and be the man and admit that iv'e acted immaturely in fighting back. I understand that i'm not Martin Luther King, and more often than not my opinion doesn't matter.

But what you need to know is, although opinions may not mean much, that's what a discussion board mainly consists of! It's what we're all entitled too! So please quit bashing every thought that either didn't come out of your head, or wasn't exactly what you would have said in the first place...

Old 10-28-2011, 05:51 AM   #105
DanRooney
Head Coach

Member Number: 16248

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayz101 View Post
You see man, iv'e been here for long enough to post 171 times. I notice that Tony has running arguments with a few guys on here. But as a new member, I also see he has 30,000 posts. So in my mind for a guy with that many posts I expect some attention to be on him, 'ya know?

As for you. The only reason I have been agitated with you is due to your matter of posting. It seems to me that when someone posts their opinion, your not far off. Usually within minutes your back with your sarcasm and unintelligent statements ready to piss some people off. But that's just what iv'e seen.

I recall a thread regarding Farrior's play. Almost everyone in the thread was repeatedly bashing his skill set. THE MINUTE someone mildly educated comes in and says that Farrior is playing well, not only do you change his words, you bash him. "Farrior is having a solid year? "

"He's easily the worst player on our starting defense this year."

But like I said earlier, I have a mere 171 posts, you have nearly 1000, and Tony has 30,000. I'll refrain from profiling anybody, but when I KNOW something isn't right, or when I KNOW someone is attacking me, i'm going to speak up.

PS: Farrior is the best player on our defense. He is not only doing great statistically, he's providing great leadership. He also has a few sacks up his sleeve on top of all that! And THAT is MY opinion. The one i'm entitled to. So are you going to come at me with "I suggest you start watching the games more or reading something more helpful steelers analysis than dictionary.com."?

So come on. Bash my opinions. That's all iv'e seen you do. Not just mine, but any opinion that isn't yours! I hope now you know why I have been complaining, it's only in self defense. I'm sorry for anything iv'e said to you or anybody else in this forum that you didn't like, and i'm ready to step up and be the man and admit that iv'e acted immaturely in fighting back. I understand that i'm not Martin Luther King, and more often than not my opinion doesn't matter.

But what you need to know is, although opinions may not mean much, that's what a discussion board mainly consists of! It's what we're all entitled too! So please quit bashing every thought that either didn't come out of your head, or wasn't exactly what you would have said in the first place...
I apologize if you got caught up in between us. And if you think I'm bashing opinions, you're completely mistaken. I welcome most of them. The board needs more ideas floating around.

As for Farrior, I didn't mean to laugh at your comment that but I'm not the only one who thinks he's struggling. I think we all agree that he had VERY bad first few games this season and I honestly believe rotating him with Foote (pre-Harrison injury) was the coaching staff trying to send him a message.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 10-28-2011, 06:13 AM   #106
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanRooney View Post
I apologize if you got caught up in between us. And if you think I'm bashing opinions, you're completely mistaken. I welcome most of them. The board needs more ideas floating around.

As for Farrior, I didn't mean to laugh at your comment that but I'm not the only one who thinks he's struggling. I think we all agree that he had VERY bad first few games this season and I honestly believe rotating him with Foote (pre-Harrison injury) was the coaching staff trying to send him a message.

Just my 2 cents.
It's just an unfortunate series of events I suppose. I just noticed a few times it seemed you we're bashing others opinions, and on top of that, Tony was getting onto you. Also, understand that thumper just happens to be the first poster I ever encountered. The first post I read was his. Bad way to start a forum membership

Anyways. Farrior has always been a good player for us, and i'm glad he's on our squad. So far this year he's leading our defensive unit in the tackles category, and I always seem to hear his name during game time. I believe I heard his name 5 times during one game. The commentators amazed by his speed and athleticism at such a veteran age.

Well, got to go to work. Have a good day.

Old 10-28-2011, 07:00 AM   #107
theplatypus
Team Owner

Member Number: 3329

The funniest part about this thread is that some of the same people crying about Farrior also cry during the draft about how linebacker isn't an area of concern and how the fo is clueless. It's always the same with the chicken little crew, they just need something to cry about. If it's not Farrior it's Ward, Smith, Tomlin, Foote, Arians, some draft pick they should have taken, some coach that should have been hired/fired...
The only time they're happy is if they've got something to bitch and moan about. It's a truly sad existence, pity them.

Last edited by theplatypus; 10-28-2011 at 07:10 AM.
Old 10-28-2011, 07:11 AM   #108
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Member Number: 16666
Thanked 2,399 Times in 1,123 Posts

Since there are some that can't argue their points like adults (I'm not pointing my finger at just one person either), I'm closing this thread. Apparently just deleting posts won't do the trick for some. Grow up! If you disagree with someone, do so in an adult fashion. If you don't like someone or the way they post, IGNORE THEM. Just quit acting like little children. Please.

http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16666&dateline=129531  3365
Closed Thread