Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Blast Furnace

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 11-07-2011, 01:31 AM   #41
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Member Number: 16666
Thanked 2,466 Times in 1,145 Posts
My Mood: Cheerful
Default Re: We will see the ravens in the playoffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayz101 View Post
I guess the defense busting their asses all game and giving the ball to the offense with a chance to at least make it a touchdown lead wasn't enough. Some fan's expect our defense to win every important game for us.

You know what I would have loved to see? I would have greatly enjoyed the sight of our defense all simultaneously lying down and allowing Baltimore to score. Maybe then it'd become apparent to our offensive unit that they need to pull their own weight!

Those of you who blame our defense for giving up 92 yards in that final drive are ignorant, and that's my honest opinion. Our offense is the reason we lost this game. A first down on offense prevents all four first down's put up by the Ravens in the final drive from happening.

Would you trade four opposing first downs, for a game clinching first down by the good guys?
Nope. Putting the blame solely on one side or the other is ignorant.

Yes, I realize that in my posts I've put a better part of the blame on the defense...but that was more from being pissed off about all the 3rd downs and the final drive. The offense is to blame as well, or course, they could have done things better too. But they weren't playing the crappy Pats D...they were playing the best D in the league (in nearly all aspects). Our defense just had to stop the floundering and inconsistent Ravens offense. That's where my thoughts lie right now.

It's like a crutch to just blame the offense for losses right now though. And it's only hip to blame the D if you're only blaming Gay. They had a bad game (both offense and defense). Admit it and deal with it.
Old 11-07-2011, 01:33 AM   #42
Steel_Bus_24
Team Owner

Member Number: 2886
Thanked 1,265 Times in 620 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzouristeeler View Post
I expect 50% of all nfl defenses including our own will be able to stop a 90 plus yard drive to win a game.
yeah usually Im pissed too about our O sucking, but you don't give up 92 yard drives like that to a team with 1 TO that didn't even need to be used

Also Known as SteelerSpartan
Steel_Bus_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 01:35 AM   #43
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 6,425 Times in 2,372 Posts

The D allowed 14-21 third down conversions. Not acceptable.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 01:40 AM   #44
Militant X 1
Water Boy

Member Number: 19081

hey all...Ravens fan here.

great game tonight! glad my Ravens came away with the win. you guys have a great team and we definitely look forward to seeing you again in the playoffs...BUT...in Baltimore! now my Ravens gotta handle our own business the rest of the way to make that happen.

good luck!

~Mili
Militant X 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 01:43 AM   #45
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Member Number: 18856
Thanked 5,048 Times in 2,137 Posts
My Mood: Lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCMom View Post
That's hogwash...and it's the same schtick you use all the time.

This loss is on the whole team. Take your "D" blinders off and realize that they share the blame too. THEY COULD'T STOP ANYONE ON THIRD DOWN!!! That's part of the reason they lost. Quit trying to spin it like the D can't do any wrong. This game was WON with 2 minutes left to go, and the D shit the bed. Period.
No point in even arguing this. The loss hurts the entire team, not just one unit. But i'll tell you right now. Our offense shit the bed, and our defense couldn't clean it up.

"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 01:45 AM   #46
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Member Number: 18856
Thanked 5,048 Times in 2,137 Posts
My Mood: Lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Militant X 1 View Post

great game tonight! glad my Ravens came away with the win. you guys have a great team and we definitely look forward to seeing you again in the playoffs...BUT...in Baltimore! now my Ravens gotta handle our own business the rest of the way to make that happen.

good luck!

~Mili
Your team makes me want to punch babies.

---But thank you.

"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 01:46 AM   #47
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Militant X 1 View Post

good luck!

~Mili
Grats on the win...in the end we're all just fans, and this is meant to be entertainment. I hope we get this level of entertainment out of these two teams for years and years to come.

Thanks for joining, and hope to see ya around.
Old 11-07-2011, 01:46 AM   #48
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 10,922 Times in 4,520 Posts

i still think we go 12-4 and the ravens go 11-5.

once again, the ravens think they won the superbowl (everybody saw the gatorade shower).

once again, they will fail to show up and shit the bed.

im not even sure they make the playoffs. the bungles own their ass.
Old 11-07-2011, 01:48 AM   #49
JCPsteelers
Starter

Member Number: 15542

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayz101 View Post
I guess the defense busting their asses all game and giving the ball to the offense with a chance to at least make it a touchdown lead wasn't enough. Some fan's expect our defense to win every important game for us.

You know what I would have loved to see? I would have greatly enjoyed the sight of our defense all simultaneously lying down and allowing Baltimore to score. Maybe then it'd become apparent to our offensive unit that they need to pull their own weight!

Those of you who blame our defense for giving up 92 yards in that final drive are ignorant, and that's my honest opinion. Our offense is the reason we lost this game. A first down on offense prevents all four first down's put up by the Ravens in the final drive from happening.

Would you trade four opposing first downs, for a game clinching first down by the good guys?

You seriously think our defense was good tonight? How many passes did Flaaco complete on 3rd down tonight? It was pathetic. We made the RAvens looking the Pats out there tonight.

The offense did more than enough in the 4th quarter to win the game. Again the defense blew a late lead.
JCPsteelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 01:50 AM   #50
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
i still think we go 12-4 and the ravens go 11-5.

once again, the ravens think they won the superbowl (everybody saw the gatorade shower).

once again, they will fail to show up and shit the bed.

im not even sure they make the playoffs. the bungles own their ass.
I didn't see the shower, just saw one other poster mention it. I left the room out of frustration after the TD.

That may be something that haunts them though. They don't seem to know how to win with class (Housh wiping his cleats with the TT at Heinz riled up the Steelers before too).

They'll make the playoffs for sure though...and I'd love it if we could still get the division, but most of my cup is half empty right now (not enough Drambuie )...I see us getting the WC spot, which is fine with me. If not...that'll be ok too. Nobody died after the '09 season.