Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 11-07-2011, 01:01 PM   #11
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Member Number: 16666
Thanked 2,441 Times in 1,137 Posts
My Mood: Cheerful
Default Re: Gerry Dulac's Two-Minute Drill: Game 9 vs. Ravens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny136200 View Post
those two plays failed to let us kill some clock. Aside from those two plays, I really like the way we played during that drive (our last offensive possesion), instead of playing conservative (Cowboys against the pats a couple of weeks ago), we did what was working all game long, passing the ball. Unfortunately, those two plays cost us.
Yeah...that's how I felt too. I know many wanted the Steelers to run, and like I've said...normally I would agree. Not against the Ravens though. Even if it did chew up some clock time, I feel they would have been lucky to get one first down, and I think it would have given the Ravens better field position and still plenty of time. Most likely, they still would have had a time out as well, and possibly the two minute warning. So I honestly think passing was the right thing to do here. They had a 4 point lead, not a 14 point lead.

I wanted them to play to win the game...get some more points! Unfortunately, those two drops negated that (as did the bizarre FG situation).
Old 11-07-2011, 04:18 PM   #12
stb_steeler
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 14315

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipps83 View Post
That ball never should have been thrown. A run play, regardless of yardage would have taken the clock down to 2 minutes left, or the Ravens would have burnt their last time out.

No delay of game, and fewer time to work with for the Ravens, Instead, we blew that with one of the dumbest play calls I have ever seen with the game on the line.

Nothing will ever top Arians calling a draw play in our end zone however.

I for the life of me, cannot fathom how the heck that guy still has a job here.
I was wondering why there wasnt any run plays called aslo. We all know run plays are a good time waster, but then again it seems like we have gotten away from that type of football.

Might as well dress em in skirts!
stb_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 05:12 PM   #13
lipps83
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 17725

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixburgher View Post
Please. If it would've gotten stuffed, and the Ravens would've scored anyway (and there was nothing our defense did at the end of the game to suggest they wouldn't have), you'd be bitching that he should've passed.
Gosh, you know.... I think you are right. What should I have for dinner since you seem to be so in tune with my thought process?
lipps83 is offline   Reply With Quote