Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Blast Furnace

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 11-08-2011, 06:51 AM   #121
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Member Number: 16666
Thanked 2,399 Times in 1,123 Posts
Default Re: We will see the ravens in the playoffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedPurple View Post
Well, he didn't choke last night, he stole the game.

There's always some excuse among you Steelers fans. Honestly, I try to be respectful, but if it isn't Harrison crying about Goodell being after him (and Steelers fans say Ravens complain about the refs ), then it is tears over hard hits (that you would have applauded if it was your team getting away with it!), or it's some never ending list of "Well, if this were like this, and this went this way, and we had captain america on the field, and joe fell down 3 flights of stairs the night before. . . we would have WON"

Well sure, but the old saying goes"If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we’d all have a merry Christmas". You LOST. You HAD Woodley/Sanders/Farrior week 1 and you LOST then too! That's the crazy, delusional part of it. Just own up to it and move on.

You are really drinking the cool-aid, but whatever lets you sleep at night. Here's a reality check: we will most likely meet again in the play offs, and after this week more than likely at M&T (finally), and it is going to be a rough, hard hitting, smash mouth football game. It will probably be decided by less than a touchdown. I know who I WANT to win, but I am not so arrogant as to make a prediction a minimum 9 weeks from the time we actually meet again.

Nice of the majority of you Ravens fans to join here AFTER the game and gloat. That takes a lot of courage man.

Why won't anyone respond to the points you made? Cause we don't give a shit. You make just as many excuses on your boards when you lose, so you can drop the holier than thou act.

Now go chest bump with everyone else on your own board. You couldn't be bothered to come here and talk football or smack BEFORE you knew the outcome of the game, so there's going to be little respect for you here because of that. Just a heads up.

http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16666&dateline=129531  3365

Last edited by SteelCityMom; 11-08-2011 at 07:06 AM.
SteelCityMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 07:15 AM   #122
Opt2loc
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 19028

I thought we were bad at making excuses for why we lost.

Man, some of you are real sore losers.

YOU LOST!!!!! Get over it and try to make the playoffs,
Opt2loc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 07:30 AM   #123
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opt2loc View Post
I thought we were bad at making excuses for why we lost.

Man, some of you are real sore losers.

YOU LOST!!!!! Get over it and try to make the playoffs,
You guys are just as bad (often times worse) with the excuses. I've browsed enough Ravens forums after a loss to know this firsthand. (Nobody is worse than Colts fans, if that makes you feel any better)

We even had a member here for a while who STILL swears up and down that the reason the Ravens lost last year in the playoffs was because they were "tired" from the KC game. That was AFTER he was saying the Ravens would win because the bye week would hurt the Steelers and make them rusty. It was pure comedy gold.

So you guys need to quit playing this little holier than thou game when it comes to fan bitching. Your boards were even making excuses BEFORE this game about the refs! And that's with you winning in week 1!

You guys won (actually the players won...we just sit here on message boards )...act like you've been there before.

http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16666&dateline=129531  3365
Old 11-08-2011, 08:14 AM   #124
Opt2loc
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 19028

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCMom View Post
You guys are just as bad (often times worse) with the excuses. I've browsed enough Ravens forums after a loss to know this firsthand. (Nobody is worse than Colts fans, if that makes you feel any better)

We even had a member here for a while who STILL swears up and down that the reason the Ravens lost last year in the playoffs was because they were "tired" from the KC game. That was AFTER he was saying the Ravens would win because the bye week would hurt the Steelers and make them rusty. It was pure comedy gold.

So you guys need to quit playing this little holier than thou game when it comes to fan bitching. Your boards were even making excuses BEFORE this game about the refs! And that's with you winning in week 1!

You guys won (actually the players won...we just sit here on message boards )...act like you've been there before.
Didn't you read the first line of my post.

Believe me I jump on the excuse bandwagon myself. Guilty as charged.

You guys even complained about the Gator bath.
Opt2loc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 08:25 AM   #125
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Quote:

Yes, I did read the first line...and understood the context. You said it in a way that we were somehow worse in the excuse department than Ravens fans (or any other fans for that matter).

I'm guilty as charged about the Gatorade bath...but (in my mind at least), it wasn't complaining. I just thought it was ridiculous. That's just the silliest thing I've ever seen, honestly (next to Josh McDaniels), and will make a great addition to any blooper reel if they lose in the playoffs.

Old 11-08-2011, 08:31 AM   #126
Nevermore
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 14524

Quote:
I'm guilty as charged about the Gatorade bath...but (in my mind at least), it wasn't complaining. I just thought it was ridiculous. That's just the silliest thing I've ever seen, honestly.
Harbaugh had some grass stains on his sweat shirt from a play or two earlier when he tripped over the offensive coordinators headset chord. They were just trying to wash it off before the stain set in.

Had nothing to do with the win......
Nevermore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 08:38 AM   #127
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevermore View Post
Harbaugh had some grass stains on his sweat shirt from a play or two earlier when he tripped over the offensive coordinators headset chord. They were just trying to wash it off before the stain set in.

Had nothing to do with the win......

Hey! Don't make me laugh.

I hate you.

Old 11-08-2011, 09:51 AM   #128
IowaSteeler927
Super Moderator
Supporter

Member Number: 15801
Thanked 2,634 Times in 1,183 Posts
My Mood: Tired

Quote:

Damn right. The Baltimore Ravens are to the NFL what the Iowa State Cyclones are to College Football and the Iowa-ISU Rivalry. Iowa State always treats the rivalry game like their annual Superbowl and when little brother manages to squeak out a win all their fair weather fans come out from under their rocks running their mouths and talking shit. Then ISU loses focus on having a good season overall and the big picture because they have a Superbowl hangover.

I bet the Ravens do the same. I would love nothing more to be quite honest. Dumping Gatorade on the coach was ridiculous to say the least. It shows that the Ratbirds put too much of an emphasis on beating the Steelers that's why they get beat by teams like Jacksonville and almost lose to teams like Arizona.
IowaSteeler927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 10:29 AM   #129
BleedPurple
Starter

Member Number: 19142

Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaSteeler927 View Post
Classless like the rest of the Ratbird fans, their players, and their coaches for that matter. You won the game because the officials consistently put you in position to get easier points with bogus penalty calls. To top it off Ray Lewis got away (Go figure, Lewis getting away with something **Cough**Murder**Cough**) with a blatantly illegal hit on Hines Ward that should've given us a first down then your classy coaching staff threw a challenge flag just to rub it in.

How about the non-existant pass interference call on Ike Taylor that lead to more Ratbird points. Even better the offiicials missed a blatant holding call on Michael Oher who literally tackled Jason Worilds by his shoulder pads during one of the plays of the Ravens final drive. Worilds had position on Oher and Oher was beat so he just tackled him and got away with it. Little hard to play defense when you get tackled by the offensive lineman who can't stand up and block like men. The icing on the cake however was the ridiculous push-off by Torey Smith that allowed him to make a catch and impeded William Gay from making a play on the ball.

We would've sent your sorry Ratbird asses back to Baltimore and probably to the tune of a double digit win if it hadn't been for the officials calilng one of the most lopsided games I've seen in recent memory. Normally these games are good, clean, hard fought battles and whomever wins I can have respect for but this was a joke. The Ravens have no class and they showed it dumping Gatorade on Harbaugh after the game.

How's that for a response? Take your sorry ass back to whatever rock you came crawling out under from. You can talk trash when you guys actually win meaningful playoff games and quit choking when it matters most.
Geeze, you guys are really bitter; you must have really wanted this game.

Don't get me started on the gatorade dump, I cringed when I saw it. Act like you been there boys!

Also, can we come off the stupid Ray Lewis taunt. It doesn't upset anyone--he witnessed a murder at most, and Big Ben actually did get away with a violent crime by paying off his rape victim. So just come off it, seriously.

And lopsided? Are you forgetting the phantom hold on Torrey Smith that took 7 points off the board for us?
BleedPurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 10:40 AM   #130
BleedPurple
Starter

Member Number: 19142

Quote:

Nice of the majority of you Ravens fans to join here AFTER the game and gloat. That takes a lot of courage man.

Why won't anyone respond to the points you made? Cause we don't give a shit. You make just as many excuses on your boards when you lose, so you can drop the holier than thou act.

Now go chest bump with everyone else on your own board. You couldn't be bothered to come here and talk football or smack BEFORE you knew the outcome of the game, so there's going to be little respect for you here because of that. Just a heads up.
That's fine, mutual respect from steelers fans isn't exactly on my bucket list. I joined in response to some of the ridiculous comments on this board following the game, not to gloat. Just wanted to give a reality check: refs are bad for both sides in almost every game, there will be helmet to helmet on both sides almost every game (between the two of us anyway), and we had offensive weapons on the sideline just like you had defensive weapons out. So stop whining and making excuses. Just say "we lost, but we will see you again in the playoffs".
BleedPurple is offline   Reply With Quote