Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Blast Furnace


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2011, 05:06 PM   #31
stb_steeler
Living Legend
Supporter
 
stb_steeler's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pa
Posts: 3,567
Gender: Male
Member Number: 14315
Thanks: 173
Thanked 313 Times in 183 Posts
Default Re: Hate that Ravens fans have for the Steelers!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennygee90 View Post
dont get me wrong, i dont want any long term injuries on hines ward, i was just hopin we would knock him out for the game.. but i hope he's fine now..I just made this thread to show the HATRED that both the fan bases on our teams have for each other which makes this such a great rivalry! if yall beat us in January i'll be right here to give you props and hate on your team even more
Damn, thats funny dude...where were you when the ravens got swept last year. We didnt see you here then. Amazing how many of you come out of the woodwork when ya win!
__________________

Might as well dress em in skirts!
stb_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 05:12 PM   #32
stb_steeler
Living Legend
Supporter
 
stb_steeler's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pa
Posts: 3,567
Gender: Male
Member Number: 14315
Thanks: 173
Thanked 313 Times in 183 Posts
Default Re: Hate that Ravens fans have for the Steelers!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennygee90 View Post
one thing both fan bases have in common is one of our teams gotta wipe the floor with aaron rodgers and the overhyped packers..I hate that team and the way ESPN are hyping them up...
You cant deny the way the Packers are playing, what fan wouldnt want their team to play that well. I would love for a rematch with them in SB, but on the other hand if we arent playing lights out id rather not get embarrassed the way they are playing right now.
__________________

Might as well dress em in skirts!
stb_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 09:30 PM   #33
#1LambertFan
Starter
 
#1LambertFan's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 442
Gender: Male
Member Number: 5489
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Hate that Ravens fans have for the Steelers!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennygee90 View Post
hines ward is a dirty player so he had that coming..he illegaly blocks players all the time so NO i dont feel bad for him
The only illegal blocks are below the knees or to the back. Chop blocks are easy to understand but a block in the back is not. The shift in momentum must prove that the push must have come from behind or the blocking player have both hands behind the defenders shoulders. Anything other than that is legal defender aware he is about to be blocked or not. Try again buddy
#1LambertFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 09:41 AM   #34
IowaSteeler927
Head Coach
 
IowaSteeler927's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: The Great State of Iowa
Posts: 1,775
Gender: Male
Member Number: 15801
Thanks: 1,536
Thanked 1,772 Times in 833 Posts
My Mood: Cheerful
Default Re: Hate that Ravens fans have for the Steelers!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1LambertFan View Post
The only illegal blocks are below the knees or to the back. Chop blocks are easy to understand but a block in the back is not. The shift in momentum must prove that the push must have come from behind or the blocking player have both hands behind the defenders shoulders. Anything other than that is legal defender aware he is about to be blocked or not. Try again buddy
Precisely. My coaches always taught me in High School to keep your head on a swivel and to play up and until the whistle. The players that Ward hits deserve it for standing around on the field completely oblivious of what's going on. This is not flag football or two hand touch, it's the NFL. To make it even more sad the guys that Ward is hitting usually have quite a bit of size and weight on him. He is picking on people bigger than him. That's balls right there.
IowaSteeler927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 10:33 AM   #35
Opt2loc
Draft Prospect
 
Opt2loc's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Baltimore,MD
Posts: 133
Gender: Male
Member Number: 19028
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Hate that Ravens fans have for the Steelers!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaSteeler927 View Post
Precisely. My coaches always taught me in High School to keep your head on a swivel and to play up and until the whistle. The players that Ward hits deserve it for standing around on the field completely oblivious of what's going on. This is not flag football or two hand touch, it's the NFL. To make it even more sad the guys that Ward is hitting usually have quite a bit of size and weight on him. He is picking on people bigger than him. That's balls right there.

Yeah, it takes a lot of balls to nail a guy who is 20 yards away and behind the play.
How you squeeler fans make excuses for this guy is unreal. Just shows how clouded your thinking is when it comes to this team.

There is a reason he has owned the crown for the dirtiest player in the game for years.
Opt2loc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 11:11 AM   #36
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter
 
stlrtruck's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 8,783
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2398
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: Hate that Ravens fans have for the Steelers!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opt2loc View Post
Yeah, it takes a lot of balls to nail a guy who is 20 yards away and behind the play.
How you squeeler fans make excuses for this guy is unreal. Just shows how clouded your thinking is when it comes to this team.

There is a reason he has owned the crown for the dirtiest player in the game for years.
Amazing a ratbird fan talking about excuses. Like the ones that ratbird fans make for ray-ray and a few of the other thugs you've had on defense throughout the years.

Some of Ward's hits were downfield blocks, setup the way you were taught to block in Pop-Warner leagues. The defensive players don't like it because it's a taste of their own medicine when they tee off on another player.
__________________

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 11:34 AM   #37
Opt2loc
Draft Prospect
 
Opt2loc's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Baltimore,MD
Posts: 133
Gender: Male
Member Number: 19028
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Hate that Ravens fans have for the Steelers!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlrtruck View Post
Amazing a ratbird fan talking about excuses. Like the ones that ratbird fans make for ray-ray and a few of the other thugs you've had on defense throughout the years.

Some of Ward's hits were downfield blocks, setup the way you were taught to block in Pop-Warner leagues. The defensive players don't like it because it's a taste of their own medicine when they tee off on another player.

The key word is "some'.

I don't make excuses for anything "thugish" that a Ravens players would do. Never have.
I would love to see a squeeler fan admit Whines is a dirty player.
Opt2loc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 12:24 PM   #38
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter
 
stlrtruck's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 8,783
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2398
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: Hate that Ravens fans have for the Steelers!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opt2loc View Post
The key word is "some'.

I don't make excuses for anything "thugish" that a Ravens players would do. Never have.
I would love to see a squeeler fan admit Whines is a dirty player.
I would if I thought he was a dirty player. But I've never seen him intentionally hurt anyone, I've never heard him put a bounty on anyone's head because he was hit too hard.

What I have seen is the man block down field the way we are taught in pop-warner league. Exactly the same way my defensive coach taught me to keep my head on a swivel because the offensive players were taught how to block downfield.

What is he suppose to do, let the guy get to the ball runner?
__________________

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 01:30 PM   #39
Opt2loc
Draft Prospect
 
Opt2loc's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Baltimore,MD
Posts: 133
Gender: Male
Member Number: 19028
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Hate that Ravens fans have for the Steelers!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlrtruck View Post
I would if I thought he was a dirty player. But I've never seen him intentionally hurt anyone, I've never heard him put a bounty on anyone's head because he was hit too hard.

What I have seen is the man block down field the way we are taught in pop-warner league. Exactly the same way my defensive coach taught me to keep my head on a swivel because the offensive players were taught how to block downfield.

What is he suppose to do, let the guy get to the ball runner?

http://www.freep.com/article/2011110...Ctext%7CSports

Hmm, voted by the players. Whines slipped to fifth but Harrison picked up his slack, almost made to the top spot. I guess these two Pop Warner HOFers need to be on the field more to gain the crown.
Opt2loc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 02:10 PM   #40
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie
 
SteelCityMom's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: In the land of The Crazies
Posts: 7,687
Gender: Female
Member Number: 16666
Thanks: 2,756
Thanked 2,399 Times in 1,123 Posts
Default Re: Hate that Ravens fans have for the Steelers!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opt2loc View Post
http://www.freep.com/article/2011110...Ctext%7CSports

Hmm, voted by the players. Whines slipped to fifth but Harrison picked up his slack, almost made to the top spot. I guess these two Pop Warner HOFers need to be on the field more to gain the crown.
So 9 total players think Harrison is the dirtiest and 6 think it's Hines. Is this really supposed to mean something? Seriously? And 9 votes compared to the 36 Suh got is "almost made it to the top spot?" I guess math isn't your strong suit is it?

111 players from 31 teams? So they didn't even get players from all teams in this poll?

Just so you know...that's not even 1% of the vote for either player. Hell, it would take both their vote totals added together to get above that 1% mark. And that's what you use for proof that he's the dirtiest player? You suck at debating.
__________________
People assume that time is a strict progression of cause and effect, but actually from a non-linear non-subjective viewpoint it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly timey wimey...stuff.


http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16666&dateline=129531  3365
SteelCityMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts