Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 11-10-2011, 07:07 PM   #51
Yehoodi
Water Boy

Member Number: 19054
Default Re: NFL fines Steelers' Clark $40,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalFan View Post
I stopped reading after the first line!Are you f**king kidding me?Clark did EXACTLY as tought (I played DB as well) lead with your shoulder,put your head on the ball to create separation!!! Go watch pee wee flag football....
SoCalFan, all that the NFL is trying to do is bring safety to the sport,

do I have to remind people that a player had seizure recently, or the a guy like Teddy Johnson for the pats is suffering from severe depression, a result of his concusions . . do i? really ?

its is not that complicated "do not make helmit to helmit" contact, can someone explain to me why is this so complicated? Please can some explain why this concept is difficult to grasp????

"how i was trained" "textbook tackle" fiddlesticks . . . in the sport of rugby you can not tackle above the shoulder or make contact to the head . . .gees, let me think if the sport of rugby does not have a "textbook tackle" which includes contact to the head, why can't the NFL do the same? please advise . . . btw, the sport of rugby is not pee pee football

hey ever team has guys that launch, the pats had merriweather . . . ;pitt had clark so it isnt the the steelers i am ragging on, its the entire NFL . . .

i really simply can not understand the concept that a organize body wants to bring safety to a enterprise and employees are angry at the body for trying to bring safety to their job . . . .i simply can't conprehend this . . .

yes i truly understand clark was trying to do his best to turn away as he approached the player, but when you launch yourself head first like a missile and try to the turn the missile at the last minute, there is a chance the missile will hit its target, and if you launch head first at a player, and do your best to try to avoid said contact but you unintentionally make helmit to helmit contact, you are at fault, the crime was committed as he launched and approach the player . . . one is responsible for ones position on the field and if play with fire (and go headfirst towards a opponent whetehr or not you are trying to make a an intentional head to head hit) sometimes you get burnt, and if one goes head first trying to make an otherwise "text book" play and there unitentional contact, one had to live with the consequences . . .

btw, one can dislodge a ball with a fist . . . the fact that it was a text book tackle in 1988 does not make it right, if said hits are legislative out of rugby, why cant the NFL do the same? if one can not make a legal tackle . . . well then perhaps one should not make the tackle . . .
Yehoodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 11:41 PM   #52
Steel Peon
Starter

Member Number: 17520
My Mood: Drunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yehoodi View Post
HOWEVER, a BIG DIFFERENCE is when one launches oneself at the opponent leading with the helmit, and becomes a human missile WITHOUT USING ONES ARMS, and even tho may try to move his head to the side, stills makes contact helmit to helmit, it is going to, and should most definitaly, be called, plan and simple, period, no room for dicussion, if you don't like it leave your paycheck at the door and get a job somewhere making 50K a year, otherwise if you want to make 3-5 million a year, learn and live with the rules or go home . . . PERIOD
I guess it's wrong to try and halt someone as effectively as possible in football now, eh? Fighting to stop a player from gaining that crucial extra yard is no longer an option........no more leaning forward in order to lower your center of gravity. This is no longer a man's sport, and warriors need not apply. When you lean forward while running at high speeds, your head might bump into the other player's head, and we can't have any more of that now. Hell, you might as well make a rule that states "No defender may run directly towards the ball carrier, and may only approach from behind or the side." Is this what football is really turning into? Are we truly encouraging our defenders to give up yardage and not to make big plays? Is this really what everyone wants?

So, no more collisions in football, huh?........Whatever makes everyone happy, I guess. All those old clips of Butkus, lambert, Singletary, Greene, lloyd, and LT can just be tossed in the incinerator now......we got no use for players like that anymore. Oh sure, we'll still show all those awesome clips from when football used to be great to sell everything we can, but don't expect to see anything like that happen during any games anymore. And while you're at it, you might as well shitcan all those old Offensive records, 'cause they're going to be obsolete from this point out. Say hello to the era of the National Flag Football League folks........it's finally here.
Steel Peon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 10:57 AM   #53
steelerschik
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 16103
My Mood: Cheerful

[btw, one can dislodge a ball with a fist . . . the fact that it was a text book tackle in 1988 does not make it right, if said hits are legislative out of rugby, why cant the NFL do the same? if one can not make a legal tackle . . . well then perhaps one should not make the tackle . . . [/QUOTE]

Hood, you know I luv ya, but now come on. Not make a tackle? I truly hope you're joking. So a defender should say to himself "Gee, I can't make this tackle without a helmet-to-helmet hit so I should just let him run by me and get in the endzone"???? Really? Come on now, you know these guys are out there not intentionally wanting to hurt anyone (unless your name is Ray Lewis or Terrell Suggs or _____insert any raven's name). You have a defender and you have the offensive player who ducks his head leading to a helmet to helmet hit. Who is at fault? No, not the defender and if the defender is lowering his body to get the ball out and again the offensive player ducks, how is this to be avoided? By your logic don't make the tackle. Might as well play chess cause that makes no sense. This is football, these hits happen. The players know what risks there are, they're willing to take them. Serious injuries can occur anywhere/any time and I'm not being insensitive here because I don't want to see anyone seriously injured, but it happens unintentionally. Don't want to risk it, then don't play football is the correct answer, not "just don't make the tackle".
steelerschik is offline   Reply With Quote