Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 11-12-2011, 08:53 AM   #1
mesaSteeler
A Son of Martha
Supporter

Member Number: 10438
Default Steelers' linebackers are remaining in flux

SCMOm please delete. We must have been posting at the same time because I didn't see it when posted it. - mesa

Steelers' linebackers are remaining in flux
http://pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsbur...nt_766944.html
By Ralph N. Paulk
PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Saturday, November 12, 2011

CINCINNATI — If Steelers linebacker James Farrior persuades coach Mike Tomlin and team doctors to let him play Sunday against the Bengals, he'll move back into the starting lineup to replace Larry Foote. Farrior's return would shift Lawrence Timmons back to inside linebacker.

Outside linebacker LaMarr Woodley will sit out for the second week in a row with an injured hamstring, giving Jason Worilds his second straight start. Outside linebacker James Harrison said his injured toe will not keep him out of tomorrow's game.

Farrior, still feeling some discomfort with an injured calf, wasn't overly optimistic about playing after practice Friday.

"I think I can talk them into letting me play, but it's going to be tough," said Farrior, who is listed as probable. "If they feel I can't injure it any worse than it is now, then I'll be ready to go. I can tell it's getting better because the swelling has gone down. It's not as sore as it had been."

Foote gives the Steelers depth at linebacker that they didn't have with the injuries.

"I just have to be ready," he said. "(Farrior's) not 100 percent, but he looked good."

Wide receivers Arnaz Battle (hamstring) and Emmanuel Sanders (knee) will not play. Guard Doug Legursky (toe), wide receivers Jerricho Cotchery (knee) and Hines Ward (head), linebacker Stevenson Sylvester (knee), safety Troy Polamalu (rib) and Harrison (toe) are listed as probable.

"I feel about the same as I did last week," said Harrison, who had three sacks last week against Baltimore after missing four games. "It's been a matter of getting back out there and getting in good condition."

Bengals tight end Donald Lee (foot) is out, and cornerback Pacman Jones (hamstring) is doubtful. Defensive end Carlos Dunlap (hamstring), tight end Jermaine Gresham (hamstring) and running back Brian Leonard (knee) are questionable.

Ralph N. Paulk can be reached at rpaulk@tribweb.com or 412-320-7923 .

Read more: Steelers' linebackers are remaining in flux - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review http://pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsbur...#ixzz1dV0FfAGT
mesaSteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 10:21 AM   #2
stb_steeler
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 14315
Default Re: Steelers' linebackers are remaining in flux

Woodley's out again.......hamstring is worse than he thought!

Might as well dress em in skirts!
stb_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 12:10 PM   #3
tanda10506
Team President

Member Number: 17319
Default Re: Steelers' linebackers are remaining in flux

Not to underestimate the Bengals, but Keisel and Harrison should get enough pressure on them to somewhat make up for Woodley being out. I can't wait to have Harrison, Woodley, and Keisel all playing healthy after the bye. The injuries are unbelievably ridiculous. Yes I know every team has it's injuries, but every game we have multiple key players out. Generally, 1/3 of our team is healthy, 1/3 is out, and 1/3 plays hurt. There is not another team this plagued IMO. I hope everybody stays healthy after thr bye.
tanda10506 is offline   Reply With Quote