Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 11-13-2011, 01:36 PM   #1
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 5,668 Times in 2,411 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default teams we need to cheer for? (playoff seeding)

I'm guessing for the AFC east, it would be best to hope that the Jets win their division? we have the tiebreaker over NE, which won't matter if they're a division winner. The bills are shitting the bed vs the cowboys and look to be a flash in the pan, will probably miss the playoffs.

NFC south is only the texans, 2nd place is the titans at 4-4 who aren't a threat and we own the tiebreaker over them.

NFC west is a joke. Raiders are leading it at 5-4, the chargers look to be lucky to have a season better than 8-8, and the chiefs are currently getting blanked by tebow-mania.

of course I hope the ravens lose out, that'd be the shit. Most likely though it's their division and we'd need to get in with the #5 or #6 seed. The teams in our way will most likely be the jets/patriots and cincy.
Fire Arians is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 02:55 AM   #2
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369
Default Re: teams we need to cheer for? (playoff seeding)

Top three teams in the AFC are all in the North. We rock. Not sure how this relates to your post, but it was an observation that didn't merit its own thread.
Old 11-14-2011, 09:35 AM   #3
Big Daddy Beast
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 19145

Really, just root for the Bengals to win out except for our one remaining game against them. My only concern with the rest of our schedule is the 49ers. If our guys handle business and the Bengals sweep the Ravens (yes, that's asking for a lot) and take out the Texans we could have the number 1 seed.

Our equally big concern is rooting against the Texans. I can't believe I'm saying that.
Old 11-14-2011, 09:36 AM   #4
Big Daddy Beast
Draft Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardisimo View Post
Top three teams in the AFC are all in the North. We rock. Not sure how this relates to your post, but it was an observation that didn't merit its own thread.
If the season ended today (the MNF game doesn't matter) then the Texans would have the #1 seed.
Old 11-14-2011, 02:03 PM   #5
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy Beast View Post
If the season ended today (the MNF game doesn't matter) then the Texans would have the #1 seed.
Oh, crap! Can you believe I automatically erased the Texans from contention in my brain, simply because they always find a way to tank their season. We'll see if they repeat the pattern this year. Can't see how they could, but...
Old 11-14-2011, 04:26 PM   #6
Big Daddy Beast
Draft Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardisimo View Post
Oh, crap! Can you believe I automatically erased the Texans from contention in my brain, simply because they always find a way to tank their season.
I certainly can believe it because I did at first, too. That's why I'm surprised we actually have to root against them at this point.

Kudos to them on their season so far, but now it's time for them to return to the Texans of old. Or at least enough for us to get the top seed. Stepping away from being "Black & Gold" and into just being a "NFL lover" I like seeing them do so well.