Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 11-27-2011, 03:19 PM   #11
BleedPurple
Starter

Member Number: 19142
Default Re: Another Gatorade Bath, Honestly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by i82much View Post
Um get over yourself?
What? lay off the booze before 5 buddy. You aren't making any sense.
BleedPurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 03:26 PM   #12
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedPurple View Post
You know, you can come here and talk down on the Steelers, that's fine... we're a tolerant bunch. But now you're talkin' smack about the booze!?!? It's on now! Well... it'll be on in a little while, after I finish my scotch. You stay put in the meantime. We'll show you what's what.
Old 11-27-2011, 03:56 PM   #13
i82much
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 11562

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
because its a bush league, high school act. it proves theyre more focused on individual accolades and style points.
Winning a football game is not an "individual accolade." This whole thread is just making a mountain out of a molehill.
i82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 04:02 PM   #14
i82much
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Sorry man. I read a few other posts from you and you seem reasonable. I personally don't like the idea of criticizing your team on another team's board and I disagree with you (the Gatorade thing is a really small deal IMHO) but I apologize for doing so disrespectfully.
Old 11-27-2011, 05:07 PM   #15
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 11,103 Times in 4,594 Posts

Quote:
Winning a football game is not an "individual accolade." .
then why the ol gatorade and rubber ducky for the HC then?

ravenfans will be the only ones making a mountain out of a molehill once baltimore makes another early exit from the playoffs.

it wont suprise anyone else. bleedpurple has areason for concern.

mike tomlin would kick a player in the ass if they did that in anything other than the superbowl.
Old 11-27-2011, 06:46 PM   #16
i82much
Bench Warmer

Quote:
then why the ol gatorade and rubber ducky for the HC then?

ravenfans will be the only ones making a mountain out of a molehill once baltimore makes another early exit from the playoffs.

it wont suprise anyone else. bleedpurple has areason for concern.

mike tomlin would kick a player in the ass if they did that in anything other than the superbowl.
I honestly just don't think you're capable of looking at things from a neutral, rational perspective. Honestly having read a few of your posts I think it is bizarre and a little unhealthy. Have a good night.
Old 11-27-2011, 07:59 PM   #17
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 11,103 Times in 4,594 Posts

Quote:
I honestly just don't think you're capable of looking at things from a neutral, rational perspective. Honestly having read a few of your posts I think it is bizarre and a little unhealthy. Have a good night.
yeah, cause the ravens have a HUGE national following. i mean thousands of ravenfans have been transplanted across the world in the past 15 years.

the fact that you cant see the constant gatorade baths for a prosessional team after ever minor moral victory as bush league shows it is you who are incapable of looking at things from a nuetral, rational perspective.

it is what it is... a bitch ass punk move.

fans of any other team would tell you as much.
Old 11-27-2011, 08:05 PM   #18
i82much
Bench Warmer

Quote:
yeah, cause the ravens have a HUGE national following. i mean thousands of ravenfans have been transplanted across the world in the past 15 years.

the fact that you cant see the constant gatorade baths for a prosessional team after ever minor moral victory as bush league shows it is you who are incapable of looking at things from a nuetral, rational perspective.

it is what it is... a bitch ass punk move.

fans of any other team would tell you as much.
Maybe, but at least I can spell can't, professional, every, and neutral. Yay for me.
Old 11-28-2011, 02:02 AM   #19
BleedPurple
Starter

Member Number: 19142

Quote:
Sorry man. I read a few other posts from you and you seem reasonable. I personally don't like the idea of criticizing your team on another team's board and I disagree with you (the Gatorade thing is a really small deal IMHO) but I apologize for doing so disrespectfully.
Small deal, maybe, but it sends the wrong message. Every week the coach says "we don't overlook these guys" or "one game at a time". The gatorade bath proves that either that is bullcrap, or the team is not on the same page as him, because apparently the second Pittsburgh win and the 49ers win meant more than the other 6.

By showing that much emotion at the end of those games, the perception becomes that we are fueled by emotion, and are an easier opponent against teams we do not 'hate' or have some connection to that runs deeper than a sporting event. This isn't true, but perception can be powerful--it can make teams like the Bengals, Browns, Colts, and Chargers play above their ability for what they feel is a team that is only 80% invested in the game, looking ahead to the next Steelers match-up. . .

EDIT: on your first point-- I brought it up with Ravens' fans first and they told me I was making a mountain from a molehill. I wanted to know if that was fanspeak, or if I was reading into too much, so I posted those same concerns here. I think the truth is somewhere between. The gatorade definitely raised a few eyebrows among sports commentators, but it probably won't lead to an early playoff loss.
BleedPurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 09:26 AM   #20
i82much
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Small deal, maybe, but it sends the wrong message. Every week the coach says "we don't overlook these guys" or "one game at a time". The gatorade bath proves that either that is bullcrap, or the team is not on the same page as him, because apparently the second Pittsburgh win and the 49ers win meant more than the other 6.

By showing that much emotion at the end of those games, the perception becomes that we are fueled by emotion, and are an easier opponent against teams we do not 'hate' or have some connection to that runs deeper than a sporting event. This isn't true, but perception can be powerful--it can make teams like the Bengals, Browns, Colts, and Chargers play above their ability for what they feel is a team that is only 80% invested in the game, looking ahead to the next Steelers match-up. . .

EDIT: on your first point-- I brought it up with Ravens' fans first and they told me I was making a mountain from a molehill. I wanted to know if that was fanspeak, or if I was reading into too much, so I posted those same concerns here. I think the truth is somewhere between. The gatorade definitely raised a few eyebrows among sports commentators, but it probably won't lead to an early playoff loss.
I like the gatorade baths, I'd like to see it after every win. You used to get the sense there was some divide between the players and Harbaugh but I don't get that feeling at all now. To me they look like a loose group having a good time and that is a good thing.