Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 12-01-2011, 11:57 AM   #11
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 5,483 Times in 2,330 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: Why is Cam Newton the obvious RotY?

their passing stats are almost identical, but newton's 10 touchdowns on the ground will probably be the deciding factor.

i think dalton has the leadership intangibles, they both are leading teams coming off losing seasons, but dalton has turned his team into a winner. cam has been money if you're into fantasy stats, but hasn't been able to close games. i don't know if cam has the ability to be a great leader, but saying he is a gifted athlete is an understatement

though this league is all gaga about stats and newton definitely has the edge when it comes to the whole excitement factor. he's basically what tebow was supposed to be, but unlike tebow, he can also score through the air

with that said, both have been impressive so far. dalton has been clutch, but cam is fun as hell to watch.
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 10:07 AM   #12
QCbeauBlak
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 18662

I live in Charlotte and have seen this kid practice and have gotten an overall vibe from the players here that Cam is a GREAT leader. The panthers can be a lot like the eagle this year. There are players on the team that used to flat out give up, Steve Smith included. The panthers organization is keeping a tight lid on him this year.. notice the lack of interviews he has. He hasn't posted on twitter since his draft day I think. People just aren't seeing what a leader he is. But go on youtube and watch the AU Football videos. You will see first hand what a leader dude is.. I know it seems like im on his nuts, but I have never really payed attention to many players other than the steelers until Cam burst on the scene,,

As far as his playing ability, the panthers have the leagues hardest schedule this year. Even with that, he has lead in nearly every game he played this year, including almost beating the packers and putting up 35 on the lions.. Dalton on the other hand is playing the NFC west and AFC south this year, like us, one of the easiest schedules in the league.. I think we give QB's a little too much credit for wins. The Bengals defense is really really good.. The panthers have one of the worst defenses I have ever seen.. And up until a few weeks ago, the panthers running game was Cam because Williams sucked most of the year, but had a few 10 ypc games to make his stats looks better..
QCbeauBlak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 07:35 PM   #13
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 5,483 Times in 2,330 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by QCbeauBlak View Post
I live in Charlotte and have seen this kid practice and have gotten an overall vibe from the players here that Cam is a GREAT leader. The panthers can be a lot like the eagle this year. There are players on the team that used to flat out give up, Steve Smith included. The panthers organization is keeping a tight lid on him this year.. notice the lack of interviews he has. He hasn't posted on twitter since his draft day I think. People just aren't seeing what a leader he is. But go on youtube and watch the AU Football videos. You will see first hand what a leader dude is.. I know it seems like im on his nuts, but I have never really payed attention to many players other than the steelers until Cam burst on the scene,,

As far as his playing ability, the panthers have the leagues hardest schedule this year. Even with that, he has lead in nearly every game he played this year, including almost beating the packers and putting up 35 on the lions.. Dalton on the other hand is playing the NFC west and AFC south this year, like us, one of the easiest schedules in the league.. I think we give QB's a little too much credit for wins. The Bengals defense is really really good.. The panthers have one of the worst defenses I have ever seen.. And up until a few weeks ago, the panthers running game was Cam because Williams sucked most of the year, but had a few 10 ypc games to make his stats looks better..
damn, you're right. looking at that carolina schedule it's downright brutal. looks like 75% of their games have been against playoff contenders, and have been playing everybody tough. If they had an easier schedule or maybe even an average one, they might have a winning record.

i will say they are a decent defense away from being a really good team though. then again you can say that about a lot of NFL teams.
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote