Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 12-12-2011, 05:05 PM   #21
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 5,023 Times in 2,383 Posts
My Mood: Fine
Default Re: Will James Harrison be suspended? Is the NFL out to get the Steelers?

they most certainly have the power to negotiate that caveat through the owners

We don't sign A. unless you vote to supplant B.

Anyways, was saying it out of emotion - we can thank the Steelers ownership, who were among Goodell's biggest supporters for installing him
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 05:13 PM   #22
steelersfan77
Team Captain

Member Number: 10585
My Mood: Breezy
Default Re: Will James Harrison be suspended? Is the NFL out to get the Steelers?

Defense, do not change the way you play just because you're getting fined and NFL is trying to go soft.

On the otherhand hit hard, real hard but by the new rules. James you could've blown him up no matter what even if you went low.

I was critisized for saying I thought the hit on Ben was cheap but others said it was okay because he was out of the pocket. So I guess I'm wrong.

James who cares about a concuss quarterback. If Brady does that and gets out of the pocket end his career and take his follow through knee and remove it out of the back of his leg. Please!

Afterall hitting a quarterback like that is okay right?
steelersfan77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 06:14 PM   #23
Chadmagic
Banned

Member Number: 17433

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelfury02 View Post
if the players were smart they would have pushed to get Goodell fired before agreeing to anything before end to lockout
Amen to this! I wondered the same thing. If I was a player, this would definitely have been a talking point in the lock out. This pansy ass way of playing is something that has been ongoing for a few seasons now. And a lot of the players see it and speak out about it. It is TACKLE football after all. If you don't want the QB to get hit, put a flag on his hip and call it a day. I would actually prefer it if they would do that. Get rid of the stupid miscalled penalties and just take the refs out of that decision making process all together.

Pull the flag and its a sack. End of discussion.
Chadmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 06:19 PM   #24
Chadmagic
Banned

Member Number: 17433

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodens Grav View Post
The players have no say as to who the commissioner is. He's subservient only to the owners.
The owners are subservient to the ticket holders and television viewers. THAT IS US!!! Don't buy tix or watch games! That will change the league back in a heartbeat. Remember the best way to get what you want, is to hit them in the pocket book.
Chadmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 06:36 PM   #25
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 5,023 Times in 2,383 Posts
My Mood: Fine

unfortunately what a lot of people already know is that billionaires tend not to give a crap or are given any incentive to give a crap about the little guys so while you are correct, I think we are past the point of no return - especially because of the prominence of technology and reporting of medical advancement in understanding concussions

Not saying I don't agree with protecting players because I do - just don't agree with the inconsistency in disciplining it - which I think most fans would agree with
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 06:55 PM   #26
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 8,517 Times in 3,750 Posts

Not a lot of contrition coming from Mr. Harrison

Pro Bowl linebacker James Harrison said he doesn't think he will be suspended by the National Football League for his penalized hit on Browns quarterback Colt McCoy and isn't going to worry about the possibility....

"I don't think it's suspension-worthy," Harrison said after practice. "I don't think it's worthy of anything, but that's just my own personal thoughts."...

The NFL said Harrison's hit was illegal because he violated a rule "that prohibits defensive players from using their helmet against a passer who is in a defenseless posture, including by "forcibly hitting the passer's head or neck area with the helmet or facemask."

"They didn't even call helmet-to-helmet; they called roughing the passer," Harrison said. "He took off running with it and, at the last second, he like chuck-and-ducked.

"He tucked the ball and made like he was about to run. So I was going to tackle him."

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11346/1196399-100.stm
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 07:07 PM   #27
Whodis
Team Captain

Member Number: 6483

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelfury02 View Post
if the players were smart they would have pushed to get Goodell fired before agreeing to anything before end to lockout
Didn't the Steelers vote against the agreement because of that?
Old 12-12-2011, 07:17 PM   #28
Goldsteel86
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 16432
Thanked 1,213 Times in 648 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wera176 View Post
Regardless of what happens, I'm still PO'd at Harrison: he KNOWS better, he knew it was the QB, he did NOT have to hit him that high he had him dead to rights and could have wrapped him or heck drive his shoulder through him. It's like you tell your kids NOT to do something and then they do it right in front of you. It no longer matters if it really was a bad thing or not...

The hit deserved the flag (dem da rulez) and I won't be upset at a fine. A suspension is too much imo. First offense this season and was between the whistles. But James, PLEASE use your head to think with brother!

And yes, the NFL is ruining the game...
This still is the game of football isn't it? Players wear pads and helmets for protection don't they? McCoy was wearing a helmet and shoulder pads wasn't he? I would say you should be "PO'd" if Harrison pulled a Ron Artest, if he chased Colt McCoy with a baseball bat, if he hit him in the face with a hockey stick, then I say be "PO'd" at him. Now Roethlisberger has been intentionally hit low a few times this season, isn't that against the rules? I believe so, how many suspensions were levied for that infraction, hmmmmm let me help you none!!!!! Ummm last year Ngata, no matter how you look at it broke Ben's nose, no not on a tackle, not on a sack, but a hand between the face mask miraculously to the nose, was there a fine, was there even a penalty, answer once again is NO!!!!! Bottom line, if you are not going to penalize the others for their "aggressive" play, don't penalize Harrison!!!
Goldsteel86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 07:26 PM   #29
FanSince72
Team Owner

Member Number: 17502
Thanked 2,133 Times in 916 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
Not a lot of contrition coming from Mr. Harrison

Pro Bowl linebacker James Harrison said he doesn't think he will be suspended by the National Football League for his penalized hit on Browns quarterback Colt McCoy and isn't going to worry about the possibility....

"I don't think it's suspension-worthy," Harrison said after practice. "I don't think it's worthy of anything, but that's just my own personal thoughts."...

The NFL said Harrison's hit was illegal because he violated a rule "that prohibits defensive players from using their helmet against a passer who is in a defenseless posture, including by "forcibly hitting the passer's head or neck area with the helmet or facemask."

"They didn't even call helmet-to-helmet; they called roughing the passer," Harrison said. "He took off running with it and, at the last second, he like chuck-and-ducked.

"He tucked the ball and made like he was about to run. So I was going to tackle him."

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11346/1196399-100.stm
I agree with Harrison.

To me, it was a big hit but it was done legally and it's part of the game.
FanSince72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 07:49 PM   #30
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 8,462 Times in 3,546 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

mendenhall should have chucked the ball right before gocong hit him in the helmet, maybe that woulda gave us an extra set of downs to work with lol.
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote