Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 12-12-2011, 10:12 PM   #51
Sixburgher
Banned

Member Number: 17648
Default Re: Will James Harrison be suspended? Is the NFL out to get the Steelers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravens4life View Post
James Harrison deserves to be suspended. In addition to all of his helmet to helmet hits before, he should have known that this one would bring harsher consequences. You don't see Ray Lewis or Terrell Suggs making stupid hits like this.
Yeah, they only put bounties on opposing players that Goodell doesn't do shit about. Real class acts.
Sixburgher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 10:45 PM   #52
OX1947
Living Legend

Member Number: 723
Thanked 1,191 Times in 598 Posts
Default Re: Will James Harrison be suspended? Is the NFL out to get the Steelers?

The NFL and the commissioner can suck my (bleep). Maybe he should go put pads on and run 100 miles an hour and then stop and try stuff.
OX1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 10:56 PM   #53
VegasStlrFan
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 976

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravens4life View Post
James Harrison deserves to be suspended. In addition to all of his helmet to helmet hits before, he should have known that this one would bring harsher consequences. You don't see Ray Lewis or Terrell Suggs making stupid hits like this. The only person in the NFL thats worse is Suh.
I have seen some stupid comments on this forum over the years, but this takes the cake... you should pull your head out of your ass!
VegasStlrFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 11:03 PM   #54
Steelersfan87
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 18585

Can anybody even think of another helmet to helmet hit Harrison was flagged or fined for besides the most recent on on McCoy and the one in game 5 on Massaquoi last year?
Steelersfan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 11:36 PM   #55
QCbeauBlak
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 18662

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodens Grav View Post
Can anybody even think of another helmet to helmet hit Harrison was flagged or fined for besides the most recent on on McCoy and the one in game 5 on Massaquoi last year?
THIS!!! That's my point I tried to make earlier. They say he is a repeat offender. I'd like someone to list every helmet to helmet penalty he has had in the last 3 years. I do not remember James getting one this year before last week. How long does it take before the "repeat offender" gets thrown out? Is it the viciousness of his hits? I do not believe in conspiracies at all but I really do not understand this at all. If he gets suspended or fined, okay, we can deal, but please list all his helmet to helmet hits and compare them to other players in this league.. Suspending a player for an "in-play" call is unprecedented!!
QCbeauBlak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 05:31 AM   #56
Boomer
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 19165

Quote:
Originally Posted by QCbeauBlak View Post
THIS!!! That's my point I tried to make earlier. They say he is a repeat offender. I'd like someone to list every helmet to helmet penalty he has had in the last 3 years. I do not remember James getting one this year before last week. How long does it take before the "repeat offender" gets thrown out? Is it the viciousness of his hits? I do not believe in conspiracies at all but I really do not understand this at all. If he gets suspended or fined, okay, we can deal, but please list all his helmet to helmet hits and compare them to other players in this league.. Suspending a player for an "in-play" call is unprecedented!!
Same as suspending a player for 6 games without ever being arrested. Roger Retard has a different set of rules for the Steelers. It's not fair and it looks like he is trying to influence the outcome of games. I guess the Steelers won't stick to the script so he has to punish them.
Old 12-13-2011, 05:32 AM   #57
Boomer
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 19165

Quote:
Originally Posted by OX1947 View Post
The NFL and the commissioner can suck my (bleep). Maybe he should go put pads on and run 100 miles an hour and then stop and try stuff.
Or he could go play in traffic. I'd be OK with that!
Old 12-13-2011, 06:21 AM   #58
Whodis
Team Captain

Member Number: 6483

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yehoodi View Post
for example if the QB is running and husling towards the sideline to get out of bounds to avoid a sack (and was behind the LOS) and the defender is chasing him and at the last minute turns and tries to make a throw . . . or if the play is 3rd and 1 and the QB does a boot leg and is making a run to the sideline to make the first down and a defender is chasing him/approaching him and an inch before crossing the LOS he throws the ball and then gets hit . . .I can see the refs having some sympathy for the defender, but McCoy was not on a nake bootleg on 3rd and 1.

but when the QB is runnning paralel to the LOS his is still in the process (and mind set) to throw . . .

Sadly, I think Vick falls under the catagory that refs think is more a runner than a passer and does not get the calls that other QBs would get . . .

its late here and time for me to sign off, i'll check in tomorrow . . .
The problem with the rules is that they are used inconstantly. If I quarterback scrambled 2 or 3 times in a drive you assume he is going to do it again. He throws and ducks, now we are calling him defenseless?

Same can be said for low hits on a QB. I see it weekly in our games and it's safe to say maybe 1 out of 3 are called. Officiating in the NFL sucks to a point it will cost a team a game.

Lastly, it's shameful to have one of the toughest guys to ever play hockey as your avatar and cry about a quarterback that took a hard hit.
Old 12-13-2011, 07:53 AM   #59
defence
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 19128

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasStlrFan View Post
I have seen some stupid comments on this forum over the years, but this takes the cake... you should pull your head out of your ass!
Very well said vegas!! This coming from a guy who roots for the dirtiest team in football!! Bounties on players; never punished. Ngata deliberate punch breaking bens nose; nothing. Take vegas advice and pull your head out of your ass for real!!
defence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 08:47 AM   #60
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 4,378 Times in 2,078 Posts
My Mood: Fine

ah yes, the self-righteous Ravens fan - what a sight to behold

its ok everyone, pity the Ravens fan, for half their heart lays with Colts history, and half their mind belongs in Cleveland

LOL

get outta here with your 2nd rate team . . .

Look into my eyes
SF Haters
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote