Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 12-12-2011, 03:48 PM   #11
MDSteel15
Team President

Member Number: 8170
My Mood: Blah
Default Re: Top 10 Steeler games of the past decade: let me hear 'em

How about October 5, 1997. Last time we would play the Ravens at old Memorial Stadium. The Steelers, lead by Kordell Stewart, were losing 21-0 at the half. In the Second half he brought them from behind and we won 42-34 to spoil their "moving out" party! I was there... And it was an amazing game!
Old 12-12-2011, 04:37 PM   #12
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 4,705 Times in 2,222 Posts
My Mood: Fine

I was 13 in 95 and let me tell you - it def had the feeling of "Here we go again"

didn't matter anyways - Neil O'Donnell decided to throw to the Cowboys DBs

you are right, it was 82 that took the direct snap - shoulda figured they were getting some practice in for the big one in XL lol

Going back and watching that 02 wildcard against Cleveland is quite the trip down memory lane - if you want to see Hines and Farrior in their primes it is quite the site

I'VE GOT SOME YOUTHFUL ADJUSTMENTS FOR 'DAT AZZ
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 04:42 PM   #13
LayingTheWoodley56
Starter

Member Number: 19023

I was only 12 for that game against the Browns, but I can honestly remember it like it was yesterday. I couldn't believe we were down 14-0 and then like I said I can still see El breaking a punt return and sliding baseball-style into the end zone while snow fell around him. 24-7 at the half, and then we just started rolling on offense, and the crowd was going nuts, and then we got to within four I believe at 33-28 and someone called a time-out. I went to the bathroom and after I was done I remember getting on my knees and praying for the win. Seconds later...FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!! unbelieveable man

I go to school with a kid whose a Brown fan from Ohio and I was chatting with him the other night when I saw him at the bar during the TNF game. One of us brought up this game and we both said the same thing at the same time: KELLY HOLCOMB!!!!!!! Torched us for something like 420 yards, ridiculous.
LayingTheWoodley56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 04:51 PM   #14
sharkweek
Head Coach

Member Number: 14205

Outside of maybe 4 plays Superbowl XL was a very ho-hum game, if it wasn't the Superbowl it wouldn't be noteworthy, I'm surprised anyone has it on any top-10 list given how many amazing games we've had, particularly in the playoffs (many of them having to do with sending the Ravens home), besides, its not like it was our first Superbowl, it was a our 5th, and I don't really care how long it had been since our 4th, it'll be memorable because it was a Superbowl, not because it was a great game. The 3 road games facing the the top 3 AFC seeds prior to XL will always be superior games in my opinion, particularly against the Colts as no one gave us a chance, as that was the first year the Colts secured home field and that was the year the Colts were supposed to finally go all the way because they didn't have to go through New England.

I'm also surprised no one has the '09 shootout vs. GreenBay where Ben put up over 500 yards and threw a game winning walk-off TD to Wallace as the time had expired, or Ben's 5 TD passes in 1 half vs. the Ravens with Harrison going beast mode sacking and stripping balls all over the place
sharkweek is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 08:59 PM   #15
steelfury02
Wing Kong Exchange - CEO
Supporter

Member Number: 6076
Thanked 4,705 Times in 2,222 Posts
My Mood: Fine

depends on your definition of ho-hum or memorable - yes, it was quite the sloppy game and is viewed by many outside Steeler Nation/12th man that it was one of the most boring SBs ever - but being that I wasn't around for the Steelers of the 70s this was the first time I had SB memories of my own - also has sentimental meaning for me as it was the last time I had with my grandmother before she was hospitalized and eventually passed away

I know, Debbie Downer. On a funny note - my grandma was a little 95 lb 5'1" nothing and was sick, but she was having such a great time seeing the Steelers succeed that she downed a couple dozen wings, 5 pieces of pizza, chips, chocolate chip cookies - for all intensive purposes - it was her last meal and one hilarious and meaningful memory for me and my family so there's the personal side of it for me

I'VE GOT SOME YOUTHFUL ADJUSTMENTS FOR 'DAT AZZ
steelfury02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 12:30 PM   #16
Quasar
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 7371

Personally, this year's 32-20 win in Arizona would be on my list, because I was there, and the Steelers won. I've been to 10 different stadiums to see the Steelers, and usually they have wound up losing late. Seeing that 95-yard TD pass to Wallace in person was great, especially because I have Wallace and Ben on 1 of my fantasy teams.
Quasar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 01:46 PM   #17
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206

The playoff game vs. the Colts a few years ago. That game stands w/the Superbowl in '09 as the most memorable for me.
When Bettis fumbled at the goal line.....then Ben being the last guy in the way of the downfield TD run from the Colts, made the shoestring tackle and saved the game....that was unbelievable. I've never had my heart jump into my throat like at that very moment. It was an incredible adrenaline rush.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 07:09 PM   #18
Steel Peon
Starter

Member Number: 17520
My Mood: Drunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRH View Post
The playoff game vs. the Colts a few years ago
Quite literally a heart-stopping affair (one fan at a local bar had a heart attack), and one of the greatest football games period, let alone Steeler ones.
Steel Peon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 07:16 PM   #19
stb_steeler
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 14315

[YOUTUBE]fDgaIDZ0lDA[/YOUTUBE]

Might as well dress em in skirts!
stb_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 07:18 PM   #20
stb_steeler
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 14315

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Peon View Post
Quite literally a heart-stopping affair (one fan at a local bar had a heart attack), and one of the greatest football games period, let alone Steeler ones.
I remember the story on the guy that had a heart attack in local bar. It was big news around here......

Might as well dress em in skirts!
stb_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote