Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 12-13-2011, 07:03 PM   #1
Curtain_of_Steel
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 11678
My Mood: Amazed
Default Tomlin showed his true colors today

Since Harrison is appealing, was it really something smart to come out and say he hit Mccoy illegally and has to pay the price?

Granted, Harrisson shouldve shut up till the verdict came out and not said what he said yesterday.

Mcnabb was Jeff Luries bitch in Philly for years, hopefully Tomilin grows a pair of balls and doesnt become the leagues boy and rooneys bitch. He is well

Very dissappointed, as I always took him to be a players coach, not the office puppet.
Curtain_of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 07:25 PM   #2
Steelersfan87
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 18585
Default Re: Tomlin showed his true colors today

Oh christ, get over it. The hit WAS illegal by the very wording of the rules. That doesn't mean it makes any sense or isn't stupid, but by the rules, it was an illegal hit, and he DOES have to pay the price. Those are facts.
Steelersfan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 07:28 PM   #3
Whodis
Team Captain

Member Number: 6483

If your not going to stick up for him why not cut him. I think its pathetic!

Uncle Tom lin
Old 12-13-2011, 07:32 PM   #4
Steelersfan87
Assistant Coach

“We received word from the league office this morning that he will receive a one game suspension. We’ll accept that of course. We are disappointed, we are disappointed for James because we know quite frankly how hard he has worked to play within the rules. He has worked extremely hard to adjust his game. Unfortunately the incident happened. Of course it was a penalty. We have to be accountable for that; he has to be accountable for that. We accept the judgment rendered by the league office and we’ll move forward. Obviously the parameters are he can’t participate in any football activities with us this week. He will be allowed back in the building next Tuesday, the 20th."

Are you people seriously trying to portray what Tomlin said as not supporting his player, of throwing him under the bus? What is a coach supposed to say if he shoots somebody?
Old 12-13-2011, 07:40 PM   #5
Whodis
Team Captain

Member Number: 6483

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodens Grav View Post
“We received word from the league office this morning that he will receive a one game suspension. We’ll accept that of course. We are disappointed, we are disappointed for James because we know quite frankly how hard he has worked to play within the rules. He has worked extremely hard to adjust his game. Unfortunately the incident happened. Of course it was a penalty. We have to be accountable for that; he has to be accountable for that. We accept the judgment rendered by the league office and we’ll move forward. Obviously the parameters are he can’t participate in any football activities with us this week. He will be allowed back in the building next Tuesday, the 20th."

Are you people seriously trying to portray what Tomlin said as not supporting his player, of throwing him under the bus? What is a coach supposed to say if he shoots somebody?
So Peter King and Herm Edwards are wrong? He feels its a penalty (the hit)?

Yes, I am surprised Tomlin sided with the brass... Not saying I'm right and your wrong. Just saying I'm disappointed. We just need to draft softer hitting linebackers next year
Old 12-13-2011, 07:42 PM   #6
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 2,148 Times in 863 Posts

There's nothing that our head coach can do. He already made his statements about hits with Ryan Clark and it's important for him on the surface to always say the right things within regards to the league or Fagdell will come a'knockin with another fine to not only the Steelers, but Rooney's as well. I'm sure Tomlin made his thoughts known behind closed doors.

This idiot Fagdell has 100% ruined the game of football.
Old 12-13-2011, 07:46 PM   #7
fer522
ACERERO

Archery 2000 Champion! Archery Champion! Galaxians Champion! Apple Shooter Champion!
Member Number: 16190
Thanked 2,380 Times in 1,050 Posts
My Mood: Mellow

Tomlin is a hypocrite and a ***** he would have been better off not saying a damn thing
Old 12-13-2011, 07:47 PM   #8
fer522
ACERERO

Archery 2000 Champion! Archery Champion! Galaxians Champion! Apple Shooter Champion!
Member Number: 16190
Thanked 2,380 Times in 1,050 Posts
My Mood: Mellow

P u s s y
Old 12-13-2011, 07:55 PM   #9
Danny136200
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17651

My mind is officially blown..... seriously, he has been protecting his players for a LONG time now. He pretty much has to be politically correct on this one to the public, no one knows what goes on behind the curtain.
Danny136200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 08:12 PM   #10
Steelersfan87
Assistant Coach

You people are ridiculous. The hit was, by the rulebook, illegal. There is no wiggle room in there for Tomlin to defend. He HAS to acknowledge that Harrion's hit was illegal. Tomlin is a hypocrite? That's just stupid. Anybody who continues to deny that the hit was illegal either can't read, can't see, or can't take what he reads and apply that to what he sees. Whether it's illegal and whether it's stupid are two different things, and you can't expect a head coach in the NFL to come out and say that the rulebook is stupid, because they have to play by it. Tomlin "defended" Harrison as much as he could, explaining that the hit was under unusual circumstances and that he had been working hard to change the way he plays and that he hadn't had a personal foul in over a year. What more is he supposed to say? Did you expect him to say that Harrison's hit wasn't illegal when it so blatantly and obviously was not?