Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 12-14-2011, 05:02 AM   #141
Boomer
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 19165
Default Re: HARRISON SUSPENDED FOR ONE GAME

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
i thought he was suspended...

hows his little toe doing? (pu$$y)

know what else ray lewis is pretty good at?

losing to the steelers in the playoffs.

he can win a SB with trent dilfer and nobody else, but cant do jack shit with ngata, reed, suggs, and flacco.

lol
He's also good at other things. Lets ask the people at the club in Atlanta what that is...
Old 12-14-2011, 05:34 AM   #142
Rick5895
Team President

Member Number: 5148

Man this thread certainly exploded!! I was at work yesterday and couldn't add my 2 cents, LOL. This is total B.S. But I stop short of calling out Tomlin for his "public" stance. As some have pointed out on here, he has no choice, no sense in making the issue worse, especially with us going to national T.V where inflammatory comments from our HC might bring more game flags on us.
I have left my message with the league office but (I know this might be an odd statement to make) I think this might just bring this team together even more if that's possible. Watching the fire and intensity we played with when Ben came back on Thursday and now this. This will make us an even tighter unit, make us play with the mentality of us against the league again , as it did last season with all the b.s fines against James. This could be the very thing that vaults us to our 7th championship.
A final thought on the great Steelers posters here arguing with Ratbird fans. What's the point, they only come here to troll when there is controversy against us to stir shit up. They simply aren't the effort. Ignore them and maybe they will go away.
I see us totally devastating the niners Monday night.

Beware NFL, the Steelers are coming!!!!!!!!!

Rick5895 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 11:16 AM   #143
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 6,144 Times in 2,831 Posts

Certainly did not see this opinion coming (which is shared by Peter King)

The TV analyst Cris Collinsworth, a longtime advocate for player safety, said he probably would not have suspended Harrison at all, even though it was a foul. McCoy appeared to have turned into a runner as he scrambled out of the pocket, Collinsworth said, leaving Harrison little time to change course once McCoy quickly fired a short pass.

http://fifthdown.blogs.nytimes.com/2...ll/?ref=sports

http://www.cbs.com/sports/video/?pid...page&play=true
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 11:26 AM   #144
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 6,144 Times in 2,831 Posts

@AdamSchefter
James Harrison's appeal hearing is scheduled for today at 2pm eastern via phone at this time.

http://twitter.com/#!/AdamSchefter/s...82004259430400

@AdamSchefter
Appeals officer Ted Cottrell will preside over James Harrison's appeal.

http://twitter.com/#!/AdamSchefter/s...87452219920384

Appeal by phone? At least Harrison and his agent will not waste the cost of plane fare on this charade.
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 11:31 AM   #145
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 6,051 Times in 2,588 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
@AdamSchefter
James Harrison's appeal hearing is scheduled for today at 2pm eastern via phone at this time.

http://twitter.com/#!/AdamSchefter/s...82004259430400

@AdamSchefter
Appeals officer Ted Cottrell will preside over James Harrison's appeal.

http://twitter.com/#!/AdamSchefter/s...87452219920384

Appeal by phone? At least Harrison and his agent will not waste the cost of plane fare on this charade.
they're advocating commissioner safety. would you want to sit at a table with a pissed off harrison just feet away from you, ready to rip your head off at any second?

i wouldn't :P
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 11:54 AM   #146
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369

NFL.com best sellers!

Old 12-14-2011, 11:59 AM   #147
Whodis
Team Captain

Member Number: 6483

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
Certainly did not see this opinion coming (which is shared by Peter King)

The TV analyst Cris Collinsworth, a longtime advocate for player safety, said he probably would not have suspended Harrison at all, even though it was a foul. McCoy appeared to have turned into a runner as he scrambled out of the pocket, Collinsworth said, leaving Harrison little time to change course once McCoy quickly fired a short pass.

http://fifthdown.blogs.nytimes.com/2...ll/?ref=sports

http://www.cbs.com/sports/video/?pid...page&play=true
Old 12-14-2011, 12:23 PM   #148
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369

And I'll say it yet again: Pat Shurmur put Colt McCoy in far greater danger than James Harrison ever did. Will he get suspended? Don't hold your breath.

Quote:
Cleveland Browns president Mike Holmgren says quarterback Colt McCoy was not checked for a concussion while he was on the sideline after a helmet-to-helmet hit by Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker James Harrison.

"Was Colt examined on the sideline? No, he was not," Holmgren said in a wide-ranging news conference Wednesday during which he maintained the team followed proper protocol.

Holmgren said Browns trainers did not see the hit and did not realize the impact because they were treating other injured players.

Holmgren said the team's medical staff, which he called "the best in the NFL," felt McCoy was "lucid and talking" when they treated him on the field. He said trainer Joe Sheehan told coach Pat Shurmur McCoy "was good to go."

Holmgren said McCoy did not show any concussion-like symptoms until well after the game. He said McCoy was tested for a concussion in the locker room by one of the team's doctors before returning to Cleveland.

Holmgren also clarified that the team had spoken with Brad McCoy, Colt's father, who was outspoken following the loss to the Steelers.

"We want to be, and we have been, and we will continue to be, at the forefront of good medicine," Holmgren said.

McCoy was sent home with a headache Wednesday and Holmgren said the team is following protocol to treat him. Holmgren was involved in the meetings on Tuesday with members of the NFL's medical staff and union members.

Holmgren took exception to the idea that it's just another frustrating chapter for a team that's appeared in only one playoff game since returning to the league in 1999.

"Another irritant to me? 'It's business as usual around the Cleveland Browns' ... It's not."
Old 12-14-2011, 12:38 PM   #149
soulkitchen
Water Boy

Member Number: 19225

I'll tell you why he wasn't checked for a concussion. He didn't have one in my opinion. The force that sent him to the ground was mainly Harrison's arm push. The flag is warranted in today's nfl, any fine or suspension is ludicrous.
Old 12-14-2011, 12:54 PM   #150
i82much
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 11562

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick5895 View Post
A final thought on the great Steelers posters here arguing with Ratbird fans. What's the point, they only come here to troll when there is controversy against us to stir shit up. They simply aren't the effort. Ignore them and maybe they will go away.
C'mon man. There's a difference between a little ribbing from an opposing team's fans and just straight out douchebaggery. I mean hey, our team was dumb enough to cut the guy, seems only reasonable for us to be pleased that he's apparently not going to play in what is probably the last regular season game you guys have a realistic shot at losing.

Is it really that bad to come on here and make the point that, yeah, the NFL is getting ridiculous, but for crying out loud, shouldn't Harrison have seen this coming and changed at *least* his attitude if not the way he plays? I mean really I think this goes back to how the way you conduct yourself can come back to haunt you.

And say what you will about Ray Lewis - if anything, Harrison should learn a little something from the guy about how to rehabilitate your image to stop from hurting your team. You are right - Ray has plenty of fines for hits, but the way he has carried himself since the Atlanta incident has a lot to do with why he hasn't been suspended.
i82much is offline   Reply With Quote