Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 12-15-2011, 08:02 AM   #41
Kanata-Steeler
Team President

Member Number: 15552
Default Re: Tomlin showed his true colors today

Harrison, plays with such intensity, just look at our last 2 SuperBowls !!!, he was/is a valuable machine.
If McKoy wants to lay himself out like some little wide-open Rag-Doll, then sure "camera's" don't lie, but the way they (the NFL) constantly presents that hit in all of it's slow-mo angular victimizing details , then sure it's illegal, according to the exact tone of the rules ( aka, "...just put a pink dress on ALL QB's...").
Goodell would probably like that, it would save him trips to the ymca boy's clubs. -heck I dunno? :)
While were at it, lets put "Air Bags" inside ALL QB's Helmets',... ?

You don't think the animal Defenders don't get trained by the very coaches that SHOULD stand behind them too ?
Maybe Coaches too, should start getting suspended for a game ,,,, where does it end ?
:)
I still stand by Harrison, through the good and the obvious bad times, that's why I am a Steeler fan.
Kanata-Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 08:36 AM   #42
Yehoodi
Water Boy

Member Number: 19054

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtain_of_Steel View Post
Since Harrison is appealing, was it really something smart to come out and say he hit Mccoy illegally and has to pay the price?

Granted, Harrisson shouldve shut up till the verdict came out and not said what he said yesterday.

Mcnabb was Jeff Luries bitch in Philly for years, hopefully Tomilin grows a pair of balls and doesnt become the leagues boy and rooneys bitch. He is well

Very dissappointed, as I always took him to be a players coach, not the office puppet.
The reason why coach said what he said because it was . . . well . . . true . . .

At some point in time you just have to come out and admit this point . . . if i remember correctly after the Clark hit in the Baltimore game, which was not very henious but not the less illegal, didn't coach come out and say that he showed the hit as a text book hit? that is kind of a slap in the face to the league . . . and I don't care what the rules were in 1981 . . . this is 2011 . . . when some one spears another player while the later is on the ground not many complain "thats the way we played football back in 1956" If the call is near the edge of illegality then perhaps you can back your players, but it is a clear illegal hit, then one will look foolish trying the play the company line and back his players . . .

it is one thing for a player to defy the league and constanting claim that what he does is legal and will continue to do so, but when two parts of the team (player and coach) come out and say it is doubly bad . . .

it lessen the blow of the team on the league and frankly brings credibility to the coach if he sits back and says what is correct . . . i am glad that coach stood up for what is correct as opposed to following the company (team) line . . .

my two cents . . .
Yehoodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 08:48 AM   #43
Kanata-Steeler
Team President

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yehoodi View Post
The reason why coach said what he said because it was . . . well . . . true . . .

At some point in time you just have to come out and admit this point . . . if i remember correctly after the Clark hit in the Baltimore game, which was not very henious but not the less illegal, didn't coach come out and say that he showed the hit as a text book hit? that is kind of a slap in the face to the league . . . and I don't care what the rules were in 1981 . . . this is 2011 . . . when some one spears another player while the later is on the ground not many complain "thats the way we played football back in 1956" If the call is near the edge of illegality then perhaps you can back your players, but it is a clear illegal hit, then one will look foolish trying the play the company line and back his players . . .

it is one thing for a player to defy the league and constanting claim that what he does is legal and will continue to do so, but when two parts of the team (player and coach) come out and say it is doubly bad . . .

it lessen the blow of the team on the league and frankly brings credibility to the coach if he sits back and says what is correct . . . i am glad that coach stood up for what is correct as opposed to following the company (team) line . . .

my two cents . . .
...Welcome to the HEAD COACH of the Steelers, Mr Mike Tomlin.
You have inherited a "Fan"tastic team Sir, and you walk in the boots of the likes of Chuck Noll, and Bill Cowher Sir.
So STAND BEHIND YOUR TEAM -screw the weather.
The Steelers is NOT a company, btw, it's a NATION, actually forget that too, it's WORLDWIDE now, get it Homer ?!

Last edited by Kanata-Steeler; 12-15-2011 at 08:58 AM.
Old 12-15-2011, 09:25 AM   #44
sharkweek
Head Coach

Member Number: 14205

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillysteel View Post
LMAO... Tomlin has balls 100x bigger than yours.
100 x 0 = 0
sharkweek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 09:29 AM   #45
Kanata-Steeler
Team President

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkweek View Post
100 x 0 = 0
Time will tell very soon now, but aren't you quoting your Fins' lack of Wins' lately ?
Old 12-15-2011, 11:18 AM   #46
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Member Number: 18856
Thanked 3,471 Times in 1,561 Posts
My Mood: Tired

I think everyone who thinks Tomlin should be fired over this, needs to re-think their choice of team. It's stupid to think that he should be fired because he didn't stick up for James. As someone said earlier, if Ben was hit like that by Suggs, i'd want a suspension too.

It's not Tomlin's job to play GM, he's a coach. And as a a coach, he's doing the right thing by concentrating on Monday Night's game.

"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 12:53 PM   #47
Opt2loc
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 19028

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayz101 View Post
I think everyone who thinks Tomlin should be fired over this, needs to re-think their choice of team. It's stupid to think that he should be fired because he didn't stick up for James. As someone said earlier, if Ben was hit like that by Suggs, i'd want a suspension too.

It's not Tomlin's job to play GM, he's a coach. And as a a coach, he's doing the right thing by concentrating on Monday Night's game.
Fire Tomlin over this? That is ridiculous. He shouldn't even have been put in a position to defend Harrison. I can see defending him if it was like some of the calls that golden boy Brady gets. His hit on McCoy was illegal and because of his rep that he earned and because of his mouth that he can't shut, he got suspended. Tomlin made the right call in how he handled the media. You guys have one of the best coaches in the league. Don't throw him under the bus. He dosen't deserve it at all.
Tell Harrison to follow the rules and shut up.
Opt2loc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 01:12 PM   #48
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369

I'm kind of stunned at how many people think James should have "just shut his damned mouth" or whatever. This is the US of A, last I checked. You're allowed to say how you feel about whoever and whatever... especially when it's true. And it is true that Goodell is a prick and a tyrant who doesn't merit anyone's respect.
Old 12-15-2011, 01:41 PM   #49
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Member Number: 16666
Thanked 2,399 Times in 1,123 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardisimo View Post
I'm kind of stunned at how many people think James should have "just shut his damned mouth" or whatever. This is the US of A, last I checked. You're allowed to say how you feel about whoever and whatever... especially when it's true. And it is true that Goodell is a prick and a tyrant who doesn't merit anyone's respect.
Well, of course that is true and all, and the fact that James isn't sitting in a federal prison for something he said means he still has the right to say whatever he wants about pretty much anything or anyone.

But no matter how awful your employer is, or how little respect he/she merits, you can't expect to just say whatever you want about them with no consequences at all. I'm not saying James is wrong in what he said, but those are the kinds of things you go off on your boss about right before you quit or right after you get fired.

I honestly think his mouth caused more problems (for the team) than it was worth, and I have no doubt that it factored into the suspension. He could have at least waited until after the season was over to spout off, IMO.

http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16666&dateline=129531  3365
SteelCityMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 10:45 AM   #50
Curtain_of_Steel
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 11678

A side from Tomlin who should've shut his mouth and just toe'ed the no comment line till it ran its course. James should've waited, if anything, he could've listed, hey he was a runner etc. But the added explanations and opinions should not have come out.

Back to Tomlin, I see he continues to flap his gums, now we can go over to Ben and him playing or not.

Who said Fire Mike? lol Rooneys won't fire him ove rthis, Rooneys are a hardline Goodel backer, they won't back their players. If anything they will work th eplyaer to the cliff and nudge him over it before giving and full feldge backing.
Personally I could not care less who the coach is, the players are who I root for. Tomlin can clean the bathrooms for all I care and make 5million. This team goes as Ben goes and the Def goes. That all there is to it. Either one can carry us, not Tomlin.

Just Shut Up Mike, your starting to look really stupid with your on again off agaoin comments.
Curtain_of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote