Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-16-2011, 01:27 PM   #11
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter
 
Bayz101's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Mansfield, Ohio
Posts: 7,673
Gender: Male
Member Number: 18856
Thanks: 1,211
Thanked 3,467 Times in 1,561 Posts
My Mood: Tired
Default Re: Harrison's Appeal

Not that the final "ruling" was ever in question, lol.
__________________


"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 02:13 PM   #12
ricardisimo
Administrator
 
ricardisimo's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Lalaland
Posts: 5,420
Gender: Male
Member Number: 15369
Thanks: 312
Thanked 859 Times in 411 Posts
Default Re: Harrison's Appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opt2loc View Post
I never hear of refs getting suspended for bad calls that change the outcome of a game. I think they just give them a low score which affects if they get to work the playoffs and SB.
Or coaches, or owners, or Goodell himself (for committing major fraud in his previous TV negotiations to screw the union; and for leading his league into an unnecessary, meaningless, costly lockout)... Spygate was an aberration. Other than that one incident this is a top-down league; consequences are for players, not brass.
__________________
Why does God hate amputees?
ricardisimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 02:21 PM   #13
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod
 
Fire Arians's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 9,637
Member Number: 16570
Thanks: 1,461
Thanked 5,391 Times in 2,288 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: Harrison's Appeal

did anyone expect anything else? i already knew it got rejected before even clicking on this thread
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 03:05 PM   #14
Steelersfan87
Assistant Coach
 

Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,476
Member Number: 18585
Thanks: 14
Thanked 40 Times in 30 Posts
Default Re: Harrison's Appeal

There's a world of difference between smashing a guy in the face and making a bad call as a referee. You guys aren't serious are you? It's one thing if there's some type of tampering or collusion involved, but a referee just making a bad call isn't exactly deserving of a fine.
Steelersfan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 04:16 PM   #15
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter
 
Bayz101's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Mansfield, Ohio
Posts: 7,673
Gender: Male
Member Number: 18856
Thanks: 1,211
Thanked 3,467 Times in 1,561 Posts
My Mood: Tired
Default Re: Harrison's Appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodens Grav View Post
There's a world of difference between smashing a guy in the face and making a bad call as a referee. You guys aren't serious are you? It's one thing if there's some type of tampering or collusion involved, but a referee just making a bad call isn't exactly deserving of a fine.
I understand mistakes happen. But a bad call is a mistake, just as an illegal hit. Your paid to do your job, and if you don't, you deserve to suffer any consequences dished out. Harrison will serve this suspension, and yes, referees should be punished in some way, shape or form for making bad calls. They're paid to get it right.
__________________


"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 04:52 PM   #16
Steelersfan87
Assistant Coach
 

Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,476
Member Number: 18585
Thanks: 14
Thanked 40 Times in 30 Posts
Default Re: Harrison's Appeal

You falsely assume that referees have no accountability for their performance just because they don't get "fines" and "suspensions".
Steelersfan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 05:10 PM   #17
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter
 
Bayz101's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Mansfield, Ohio
Posts: 7,673
Gender: Male
Member Number: 18856
Thanks: 1,211
Thanked 3,467 Times in 1,561 Posts
My Mood: Tired
Default Re: Harrison's Appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodens Grav View Post
You falsely assume that referees have no accountability for their performance just because they don't get "fines" and "suspensions".
This is a discussion board, and we'll all have our own opinions. I'll stand by mine, you can stand by yours. But don't tell me what's right and wrong. I wasn't born yesterday.

__________________


"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 05:32 PM   #18
TRH
Living Legend
 
TRH's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: eastern PA
Posts: 4,391
Gender: Male
Member Number: 17206
Thanks: 98
Thanked 222 Times in 155 Posts
Default Re: Harrison's Appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodens Grav View Post
You falsely assume that referees have no accountability for their performance just because they don't get "fines" and "suspensions".

Quite true. I think we've seen the worst officiating in YEARS across the board (it's not only Pittsburgh fans complaining anymore...)...yet there's almost zero reprecussions or accountability from the "refs" (and its so bad now i use that term very loosely..).
I think the rules are so unclear and punishment is not fairly distributed anymore that even the refs have no idea what to do much of the time.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 07:19 PM   #19
Steelersfan87
Assistant Coach
 

Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,476
Member Number: 18585
Thanks: 14
Thanked 40 Times in 30 Posts
Default Re: Harrison's Appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayz101 View Post
This is a discussion board, and we'll all have our own opinions. I'll stand by mine, you can stand by yours. But don't tell me what's right and wrong. I wasn't born yesterday.

If you think that referees are not held accountable in any way for poor performance, then I am telling you that you are wrong.

Steelersfan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 07:33 PM   #20
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie
 
SteelCityMom's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: In the land of The Crazies
Posts: 7,687
Gender: Female
Member Number: 16666
Thanks: 2,756
Thanked 2,399 Times in 1,123 Posts
Default Re: Harrison's Appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodens Grav View Post
You falsely assume that referees have no accountability for their performance just because they don't get "fines" and "suspensions".
Well, to be fair, the accountability of the refs is different than the accountability of the players.

They are not full time employees. Many of them own their own businesses, or are successful in other jobs. Being an NFL ref is a side project for most of them. The consequences of not being a consistent or good ref are either reffing less games (or less important games), getting a smaller salary, or not being a ref any more. It's not directly tied to their main livelyhood though (like an NBA or NHL ref is). Therefore, I feel they don't care as much about "getting it right".
__________________
People assume that time is a strict progression of cause and effect, but actually from a non-linear non-subjective viewpoint it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly timey wimey...stuff.


http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16666&dateline=129531  3365
SteelCityMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:16 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts