Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Blast Furnace

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 12-17-2011, 02:48 PM   #21
steelerchad
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 5792
Default Re: Too Much Raven Hatred By Steeler Fans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenn1968 View Post
I have noticed both at the stadium and on the Internet and talk radio an extreme dislike, even hate, of Baltimore and the Ravens. Not sure this is a good thing. It is one thing to like the Steelers, another to hate the opposition so much as to wish injury to their star players.

It is also somewhat puzzling, it is not like the Ravens eliminated the Steelers from the playoffs it is the other way around.

So if This turns out to be Baltimore's year. I don't see it as the end of the world if ray ray gets another ring and Harbaugh and Flacco get their first . The Steelers still would be ahead in Super Bowl rings.
I don't really see it that way. Much more hatred from Ravens fans toward the Steelers. Understandable, since we have cost them so much and they have just been a stepping stone on our way to so much success. I actually don't hate the Ravens, Browns, or Bengals. If not for our domination of them all over the years, we would not have been able to enjoy all of the deep playoff runs and Super Bowl trips we've had. I actually like all 3 teams and am glad they have been our divisional fodder over the years. The Ravens took a big step this year and look like they could possibly make something big happen. Although, if they lose to us in the playoffs again, then all this BS talk will be for nothing. I'm actually thinking they choke once again. I think a 1 game winner take all will be just too much for them. They don't have that pedigree that the Steelers have when it comes to winning the biggest of games.

And you are correct if the Ravens did go all the way, they would still be the Steelers little bitch from all of the big game beat downs in the past. I just don't see it happening for them this year. They are not a complete team. And their QB can win in the playoffs, just not 3 or 4 big games in a row against good teams. Won't happen and I think deep down their stupid ass fans know and fear it. Their worst nightmare is about to come true. Once again, their team will snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. They then will have to sit back and watch Pittsburgh feast while they starve.
steelerchad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 03:46 PM   #22
tenn1968
Banned

Member Number: 19488

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayz101 View Post
I have noticed that that's all you Ravens talk about, to be honest. Not once have I seen a forum board without at least 3 threads concerning the Steelers, even in the offseason. You guys have us in the back of your head, and you should. We'll crush your dreams and break your hearts in January. AGAIN.
Simply laughable..Your Steelers get crushed at m+t and then they blow a lead and lose again at home to the Ravens..The Steelers in all likelehood face a road game in Baltimore if the Steelers maake it that far. The Steelers will get blown out even worse than the September game if we play you again

You have an old defense and a banged up team. I see the Steelers as one and done in the playoffs so don,t really expect a rematch with the Ravens
tenn1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 03:55 PM   #23
tenn1968
Banned

Steelerchad, yeah the Steelers really showed their pedigree in the big game losing to Green Bay last year in the biggest game..I don!t believe even you expect the Steelers to win in Baltimore after the lesson the Ravens taught the Steelers the last time they came to Baltimore...OWNED
Old 12-17-2011, 04:03 PM   #24
Drizztbob
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 4294

What's owned, is a license to crush your hopes and dreams practically every year in post season play. Run your mouth when you can even GET to the big game.
Old 12-17-2011, 07:56 PM   #25
steelerchad
Team President
Supporter

Quote:
Steelerchad, yeah the Steelers really showed their pedigree in the big game losing to Green Bay last year in the biggest game..I don!t believe even you expect the Steelers to win in Baltimore after the lesson the Ravens taught the Steelers the last time they came to Baltimore...OWNED
Oh, You're a Ravens fan. I didn't get that from your original post. Oh, I see. You were trying to be sly posing as one of us. Boy, U are a tricky one.

So U won a couple games this year, congrats. Yep, GB won the big one last year. We don't win them all, but if you'd like to compare resume's let me know. I'd be happy to compare the Steelers resume with any team in the league. Until your Nov. 6th win, you could easily make the case that the Steelers had won the 7 biggest games between the 2 teams. Now your 1 for 8 in games that are playoff games or have late season direct impact on winning the division or serious playoff implications.
You're a little bitch just like the Ravens are the Steelers little bitch. Until you get past us in the playoffs and win something you'll always be.
I think ur scared. I think u know what's coming...................again.

Heartbreak, disappointment, tears, waiting until next year...............again.
Old 12-17-2011, 08:33 PM   #26
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Member Number: 18856
Thanked 3,581 Times in 1,615 Posts
My Mood: Tired

Quote:
Simply laughable..Your Steelers get crushed at m+t and then they blow a lead and lose again at home to the Ravens..The Steelers in all likelehood face a road game in Baltimore if the Steelers maake it that far. The Steelers will get blown out even worse than the September game if we play you again

You have an old defense and a banged up team. I see the Steelers as one and done in the playoffs so don,t really expect a rematch with the Ravens
I would be willing to bet that you will be COMPLETELY silent this January.

"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 10:18 PM   #27
tenn1968
Banned

It is funny how steeler fans adopt and change their arguments to hide their teams failures. For example last year you said Flacco had never beat ben. Now Joe beats him twice so you want to talk about playoffs. That works because you can avoid talking about the two terrible losses to the Ravens.

I do have a question. Which loss was more devastating, getting blown off the field in Baltimore or blowing the game with 8 seconds to go at Heinz?
Old 12-17-2011, 11:51 PM   #28
steelerchad
Team President
Supporter

Quote:
It is funny how steeler fans adopt and change their arguments to hide their teams failures. For example last year you said Flacco had never beat ben. Now Joe beats him twice so you want to talk about playoffs. That works because you can avoid talking about the two terrible losses to the Ravens.

I do have a question. Which loss was more devastating, getting blown off the field in Baltimore or blowing the game with 8 seconds to go at Heinz?
Both sucked, but Nov. was a much bigger game.

Although neither loss could come close to the pain inflicted by getting bounced from the playoffs after a 21-7 lead last year, and then watch us make another return to the Super Bowl or getting beat down in the AFC Championship in 08 and then watching the Steelers go on to win yet another Super Bowl.

For that matter, not even as painful as the 08 December game in M&T where Santonio caught the goal line TD with 30 seconds left, the December 2010 game in M& T where Polamalu strip sacked Joe's ass with 3 minutes left, the 2001 divisional playoff game where we went on to play in another AFC Championship game. ( FYI- We've played in 16 championship games to the Ravens 2) You want to put us on equal footing, ok. We've played in 8 of them since 1995. It's been domination up to this point in big games. Your biggest win was this year for sure. Now the question is, can you do something with that win? Can you close it out and make a playoff run? To this point, you haven't even locked up the division. Let's see how it plays out, I tend to think in the end it will be the same old story.

Ravens being our bitches again.
Old 12-18-2011, 12:12 AM   #29
Wallace108

Member Number:

Quote:
Now Joe beats him twice so you want to talk about playoffs. That works because you can avoid talking about the two terrible losses to the Ravens.
You tell them, tenn1968. These moronic Steelers fans just can't seem to understand that the regular season is far more important. The playoffs don't mean jack. It's all about winning games in the regular season. But you're smart enough to understand that. The Ravens understand it as well as demonstrated by the Gatorade baths. Stupid Steelers fans. Who cares about winning playoff games? Playoffs ... pffffft!

Last edited by Wallace108; 12-18-2011 at 12:30 AM.
Old 12-18-2011, 08:27 AM   #30
wera176
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 18645

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallace108 View Post
You tell them, tenn1968. These moronic Steelers fans just can't seem to understand that the regular season is far more important. The playoffs don't mean jack. It's all about winning games in the regular season. But you're smart enough to understand that. The Ravens understand it as well as demonstrated by the Gatorade baths. Stupid Steelers fans. Who cares about winning playoff games? Playoffs ... pffffft!

Love the bravado, tenn1968! I live in Cincinnati and a few years ago the Bungles had a pretty dang good team. Remember Whosyourmama wiping his shoes with the Terrible Towel? Bungle players were in the paper stating how they now owned the Steelers, Chad (I think he was still Chad then, lol) was quoted something to the effect the Steelers were B&W TV and they were the new Color TV, the Steeler's era was over and it was now their time. I heard fans says dang near the exact same things you just said tenn, heck they felt they had won the Super Bowl before the play offs even started. I had a friend tell me "It's our turn now!"

For those keeping score, that was 3 Super Bowls ago for the Steelers and zero play off wins for those Bungles who's time had come...

Talk is cheap. The Ravens beat the Steelers twice and took the Gatorade bath. The Ravens earned it, they have a good team, as did those Bungles, but it's a little early to start polishing any trophies...
wera176 is offline   Reply With Quote