Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 05-04-2006, 04:27 AM   #31
Steel Pit
Banned

Member Number: 2140
Default Re: how would you all love this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big D
i'm not saying we should go spend 23 million on mcnair i never once said that nor did i say lets give 10 million to get law all i'm saying is it would be nice to get a proven backup and a bigger name at running back. I was disapointed in the drafting of holmes i would have loved a deangelo williams
I like the Holmes pick but I somewhat agree with you on the RB situation. A lot of people have listed our depth chart at the RB position and I'll do the same.

Willie Parker
Duce Staley
Verron Haynes
Cedric Humes

It looks pretty good right? Now assume that one of the top 2 on the list receives an injury and is out for a long period of time. What looked like a good crop of RB's will all of sudden not look so good. A lot of fans feel comfort in the fact that we have Verron Haynes but Haynes hasn't proved anything. Many Steelers fans, myself included, get caught up in our beliefs that our backups can step in and do a terrific job when called upon simply because they're Steelers players. Lets not forget that Haynes was a fullback at the University of Georgia and he's seen very limited play during his 4 year tenure with the Steelers. Haynes continues to make the final roster not because of his running abilities, it's because he saves the Steelers a roster spot with his dual role as a backup FB and RB.

So I will agree with you on this point, The Steelers do need to find a bigger name RB but I wouldn't trade the Santonio Holmes pick for Lendale White or, as you suggested, Deangelo Williams. Trust the front office bro, they'll find a RB to bring to camp.

Last edited by Steel Pit; 05-04-2006 at 04:40 AM.
Steel Pit is offline   Reply With Quote