Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Blast Furnace

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 12-20-2011, 09:32 AM   #51
rocckbottomxmen
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 18105
Default Re: FIRE TOMLIN NOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny136200 View Post
Cant we just consolidate all of the over reactions and screams for firings into one post every week?
or can we just have these stupid post deleted long with the messenger
Old 12-20-2011, 09:41 AM   #52
theplatypus
Team Owner

Member Number: 3329

talk about an epic fail
theplatypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 02:50 PM   #53
stb_steeler
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 14315

Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaSteeler927 View Post
Are you kidding me? We lost because Ben was an immobile statue in the pocket. We were on their side of the field numerous times and Ben threw two picks because he obviously wasn't stepping into his throws. The defense played well considering they were on the field the majority of the game. We have injuries that are severly limiting what we can do on both offense and defense and not having Harrison was a huge loss. Shut up and quit your crying already. We lost and we need to move on. It sucks that we couldn't capitalize on the Ravens choking but we were playing one of the top rated defenses in the league and they still never really put the game away until the fourth quarter. Quit embarassing yourself.
Well said dude.......If half the whiners got their wish and fired Tomlin and we fell into a very dismal team such as the Rams, i wonder what they'd say then......

Might as well dress em in skirts!
stb_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 02:54 PM   #54
stb_steeler
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 14315

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanRooney View Post
2006 season Cowher thought it would be cool to start a quarterback who was clinically dead in the first 8 games. Just awful. But the 2009 goes down as the worst display of football imaginable imo. Losing to the Chiefs, Raiders, and Browns was just embarrassing. Especially after promising to "unleash hell." We had a cakewalk schedule.

Tomlin is a decent coach. Not awful but I don't think he's great despite having winning seasons and a SB under his belt. Like someone said before, he has a lot of talent to work with and a HOF defensive coordinator that controls everything on that side of the ball (and he continues to let Arians control the offense). The only thing I think he's in charge of is personnel decision, clock management and challenges. He's shaky at best with the latter two.
I will never understand the meaning of a cake walk season, i just dont get it!...I was always under the thought that all teams play to win.

Might as well dress em in skirts!
stb_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 03:05 PM   #55
Sixburgher
Banned

Member Number: 17648

Quote:
Originally Posted by stb_steeler View Post
I will never understand the meaning of a cake walk season, i just dont get it!...I was always under the thought that all teams play to win.
It's the usual faulty reasoning applied by those that liken the same huge mismatches in talent between "good" and "bad" teams in college football to the NFL. It simply doesn't apply at the pro level.
Sixburgher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 07:29 PM   #56
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 8,999 Times in 3,719 Posts
My Mood: Mellow

I don't know if it's true but I've heard before that teams are inconsistent because of poor leadership from veteran players.

I wonder what it would be like to see somebody live off of Tomlin's teams--Woodley, Hood, Heyward, Wallace, Brown, Pouncey, Mendenhall...oh wait, we're already seeing it!
have you ever wondered what your life would have been like if you became a hired goon right out of school? you would have had a chance to learn the ropes from other goons and rub shoulders with all kinds of seedy characters. oh the stories you would be able to tell.
harrison'samonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 11:44 PM   #57
jjpro11
Living Legend

Member Number: 3559

yeah, we sucked in 2009 and lost to crappy teams down the stretch.. do any of the Tomlin haters want to bring up 2008? we went 12-4 against one of the hardest schedules EVER, beat the Ravens 3 times, and won the ****ing Super Bowl! last year we made it to the Super Bowl and damn near won it despite not having our starting QB for the first 4 games and having the league penalize us for every little thing after Harrison knocked out two Browns players.
jjpro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 02:06 AM   #58
IowaSteeler927
Super Moderator
Supporter

Member Number: 15801
Thanked 2,500 Times in 1,132 Posts
My Mood: Brooding

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjpro11 View Post
yeah, we sucked in 2009 and lost to crappy teams down the stretch.. do any of the Tomlin haters want to bring up 2008? we went 12-4 against one of the hardest schedules EVER, beat the Ravens 3 times, and won the ****ing Super Bowl! last year we made it to the Super Bowl and damn near won it despite not having our starting QB for the first 4 games and having the league penalize us for every little thing after Harrison knocked out two Browns players.
The Haters will just claim that Tomlin was riding on Cowher's coattails. For some reason people seem to conveniently forget that fact that it took Cowher forever to finally win a Super Bowl. That being said I love Bill Cowher and his name is synonymous with the Steelers, but Tomlin is a helluva coach and until I see him post a couple of bad seasons back to back I won't be questioning the way the man does his job.
IowaSteeler927 is offline   Reply With Quote