Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Blast Furnace

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 12-24-2011, 10:01 AM   #31
steelerchad
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 5792
Default Re: For the Ravens fans gawking in here

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenn1968 View Post
Who cares about 2006. The Steelers would noot have made the playoffs enen had they beaten the Ravens and we lost to the Colts in the playoffs.

This year is different. The two wins over the Steelers have decided both team's seasons. The Steelers face going on the road as a Wild Card because they couldnt handle the powerful and proud Ravens.

And I just read if the Ravens win their last 2 we stay home in the playoffs even against the Pats! Indianapolis here we come!
Your reading comprehension sucks. You need the Pats to lose another game. If you don't understand that, you're not much of a football fan. 11-3 is better than 10-4 and tie -breakers don't mean shit in that scenario. Ravens only control their destiny for the #2 seed. They would be on the road in N.E. if they got that far, which I doubt. The Steelers and Ravens will likely meet again in the playoffs and I think we both know how that will work out again.
steelerchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 10:04 AM   #32
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Member Number: 16666
Thanked 2,399 Times in 1,123 Posts

Quote:
Who cares about 2006. The Steelers would noot have made the playoffs enen had they beaten the Ravens and we lost to the Colts in the playoffs.

This year is different. The two wins over the Steelers have decided both team's seasons. The Steelers face going on the road as a Wild Card because they couldnt handle the powerful and proud Ravens.

And I just read if the Ravens win their last 2 we stay home in the playoffs even against the Pats! Indianapolis here we come!
Good job missing the point.

This year is different? Powerful and proud Ravens?

You get beat up a lot, don't you?

P.S. I realize you are new to the sport in general, but just so you know, there are 17 weeks of football played, not 15. Nothing is concretely decided yet. If the Steelers win their next two games and the Ravens fall to one of the divisional trap games, then the Steelers will get that 2 seed. So just sit back, relax and pray that us Steelers fans don't get our Christmas wish.

http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16666&dateline=1295313365
SteelCityMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 10:06 AM   #33
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerchad View Post
Your reading comprehension sucks. You need the Pats to lose another game. If you don't understand that, you're not much of a football fan. 11-3 is better than 10-4 and tie -breakers don't mean shit in that scenario. Ravens only control their destiny for the #2 seed. They would be on the road in N.E. if they got that far, which I doubt. The Steelers and Ravens will likely meet again in the playoffs and I think we both know how that will work out again.
Of course he doesn't understand that simple fact. This guy has obviously just hopped on the Baltimore bandwagon.

http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16666&dateline=1295313365
Old 12-24-2011, 12:03 PM   #34
tenn1968
Banned

Member Number: 19488

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerchad View Post

So if we have to go to NE we!ll blow the Pats out there as we did in the playoffs a couple of years ago. The Ravens have historically played NE tough a lot of close games. Unlike the Steelers who usually get blown out by NE this year being the exception.
tenn1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 12:05 PM   #35
tenn1968
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCMom View Post
Of course he doesn't understand that simple fact. This guy has obviously just hopped on the Baltimore bandwagon.
I,ve watched NFL football longer than you have been alive. I just forgot ne had one less loss.
Old 12-24-2011, 03:05 PM   #36
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 10,262 Times in 4,117 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCMom View Post
:
You get beat up a lot, don't you?
He did in school a lot, that was the time period he refers to as "the era of reigning fists."
Old 12-24-2011, 03:10 PM   #37
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Quote:
I,ve watched NFL football longer than you have been alive. I just forgot ne had one less loss.
Whatever man...I pretty much don't care. For what it's worth, the way you troll and create ridiculous posts makes you look like a teenager, at best, and not someone who would have to be (by your statement) in their late 30's, at the very least.

Ravens got a little co.cky there today, huh? Good thing the Browns shit the bed with their clock management. Still gotta beat the Bengals too!

Old 12-24-2011, 03:21 PM   #38
steelax04
Head Coach
Supporter

HolmenKollen Ski Jump Champion!
Member Number: 12182
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
So if we have to go to NE we!ll blow the Pats out there as we did in the playoffs a couple of years ago. The Ravens have historically played NE tough a lot of close games. Unlike the Steelers who usually get blown out by NE this year being the exception.
So in one post you say "who cares about 2006" and then in this post you're all about bringing up history... I guess it's only OK to bring up history when it fits your opinion?
steelax04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 05:12 PM   #39
tenn1968
Banned

Nice game today by the Steelers. 27-0, although it was at home against a 2-13 Rams team. Makes you wonder what would have happened if Tomlin had the courage and wisdom to start Batch instead of a limping Rothlesberger against SF. The Steelers might be looking at a bye and home playoff games instead of wild card,road games, and the hardest road to the Super Bowl.

The Ravens held off a tough Browns team that may beat the Steelers next week in Cleveland.
Old 12-24-2011, 06:26 PM   #40
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Quote:
Nice game today by the Steelers. 27-0, although it was at home against a 2-13 Rams team. Makes you wonder what would have happened if Tomlin had the courage and wisdom to start Batch instead of a limping Rothlesberger against SF. The Steelers might be looking at a bye and home playoff games instead of wild card,road games, and the hardest road to the Super Bowl.

The Ravens held off a tough Browns team that may beat the Steelers next week in Cleveland.
LOL! STFU. The Ravens LOST to the pathetic Seahawks and the (now) 4-11 Jags.

The Steelers did what they were supposed to do...win in a convincing fashion against a team they should be able to beat with all backups. The Ravens however had a much worse showing today against a *snicker* tough 4-11 Browns team...at home even.

Good luck against the Bengals...who are tougher and will be fighting for a wildcard spot of their own.