Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Blast Furnace

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 12-26-2011, 09:40 AM   #1
tenn1968
Banned

Member Number: 19488
Default Steelers = No. 5 Seed

I've been reading the main part of this forum, and it seems to me that some Steeler fans need a dose of reality. Those who believe that the Steelers will have home playoff games this year are living in the past. This is the Baltimore Ravens year and the Ravens will get the bye and at least one home playoff game after that.

The Steelers would need to beat the Browns in Cleveland and the Ravens to lose in Cincinnati next weekend, for the Steelers to escape their fate. This is so unlikely that it is ridiculous that so many Steeler fans seem to think this likely. Talk about wishful thinking!

First of all the Ravens should win easily. Remember the last 3 years during the Harbaugh era the Ravens have won their first playoff games on the road. This is essentially a playoff game because the Ravens know they need this one or they would throw away their justified advantage over the Steelers. Harbaugh knows how to get his team up for the biggest games, this is why the Ravens have not gone down in the first round in any his three years, even playing road games each year.

Secondly the Bengals have already failed 3 times against the Ravens and Steelers, they won''t be changing that with a rookie QB. Although he may have been playing better than most rookies Andy Dalton is not Andrew Luck. He is a 35th draft choice and the Ravens have intimidated so many rookie QB's. A few hits and he will be gunshy in the pocket.

As for the Bengals home field advantage, they probably won't come close to selling out (again) unless enough Ravens fans buy up the empty seats. Not as much crowd noise to disrupt the Ravens offense and out the window goes the home field advantage.

There is more of a chance the Steelers go down to the Browns than the Ravens falling next week. Remember the last Steelers Browns game (in Pittsburgh) was 7-3 well into the 4th quarter. Browns within 4. Rothlisberger had one of his best games of the year but he won't be there this time. The Browns are a physical team which match up well with the Steelers.

Bottom line, Steeler fans should probably forget about winning the AFC North. To think this will happen is to set yourselves up for disappointment. The Steelers lost the division in two key games:
1. Losing to Baltimore in Pittsburgh
2. Losing to the 49ers when a W would have given them a 1 game lead.

It was fun while it lasted for you guys when Pittsburgh came out ahead of the Ravens, and I can understand that some of you don't want to admit that those days are over, despite the Ravens winning both games against the Steelers. But sometimes you just have to stop trying to hold onto the past, because things have changed.

Baltimore has earned the home field advantage in the playoffs, we have earned a first round bye, and we are not going to give that up.

The Steelers and their fans had better prepare for a road trip to Oakland or Denver in the first round. Because that is the reality, even if it bites.
tenn1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 09:53 AM   #2
Sixburgher
Banned

Member Number: 17648
Default Re: Steelers = No. 5 Seed

Cool story, bro.
Sixburgher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 09:53 AM   #3
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Member Number: 16666
Thanked 2,399 Times in 1,123 Posts

Cool story bro.

Must have a ton of doubt in the back of your mind to have to type all that nonsense out. Sounds like you're trying to convince yourself more than anyone else, honestly.

Oh, and just to keep you updated on current events, there's a chance Ben will play against the Browns.

http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16666&dateline=1295313365

Last edited by SteelCityMom; 12-26-2011 at 10:06 AM.
SteelCityMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 09:54 AM   #4
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixburgher View Post
Cool story, bro.

I guess I owe you a coke or something now huh?

http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16666&dateline=1295313365
Old 12-26-2011, 10:11 AM   #5
steelerchad
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 5792

PFFT. Like it matters. The real problem is your shitting your pants knowing you will have to get through Pittsburgh in the playoffs. You would love for that game to be avoided, but likely Pittsburgh would go to Denver and knock the shit out of Tebow. With the Texans floundering, I give the #6 seed a good chance to knock them off and head to N.E. That leaves your worst nightmare scenario about to come true... A playoff matchup against a team your players and fans are scared of.

Of course, all this is contingent upon you holding serve in Cincy. You're terrible on the road this year. 3-4, with 4 losses against worse teams than the Bengals. Oh, and Cincy is playing for a playoff spot. I think it comes down to the last possession in a close game. Either way, we'll likely be meeting in a winner take all game this year and I like our chances as usual.
steelerchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 10:18 AM   #6
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 10,259 Times in 4,117 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

where to even begin? The Ravens "justified advantage" isn't justified until they clinch the division. And all of a sudden this is the Ravens' year? What happened to the Ravens' Era? That sounded so much cooler.

The proud and powerful Ravens have earned a first round bye? Don't you think you should wait and see if they actually do earn it by beating the Bengals first?

Thanks for your advice, but I'll wait and see what happens this weekend before I forget about the Steelers winning the division.
Old 12-26-2011, 10:56 AM   #7
cubanstogie
Head Coach

Member Number: 3082

The glass is half full for most Steelers fans, unlike what you Rattird fans are used to. So what if we are 5th seed. We go to Denver or Oakland. If we can't beat either of those teams we won't go anywhere in playoffs. The odds of Flacco having 3 career games against us this year is slim and none, and we handily beat the Patsies. Anything less than the SB will be a disappoinment for us, where as you guys are still celebrating wins vs Steelers this year. Its really about perspective, and Steelers fans have much different perspective than Ravens fans when it comes to playoffs. We won 3 straight on the road to win the 2006 SB and this years playoff teams much less daunting than in previous years. Ravens are just happy to win a divsion.
cubanstogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 12:31 PM   #8
tenn1968
Banned

Member Number: 19488

It will be as much fun to knock the Bengals out of the playoffs entirely, as it will be to put the Steelers in their place (no 5 seed) , after the Ravens W on Sunday.

If we play the Steelers again in will be in M+T and I don't see how even Steelers fans can think they will have much luck there. The Ravens are UNDEFEATED at home this year, and they easily handled the Steelers the last time the teams met there.

In a way I actually hope this game happens (Pittsburgh VS Baltimore in playoffs) because it would be payback time for the Ravens..a chance for total revenge, 3 losses to the Ravens, and a humbling 3 strikes you're out for the Steelers.

But on the other hand I don't want one of the key Ravens players to be hurt by a helmet to helmet like what Harrison did to Colt McCoy, I want the Ravens to be healthy for their trip to Indianapolis and the Super Bowl. So I think I'd prefer the Steelers to lose to Denver or Oakland in the wild card game.; Which is quite possible Tebow magic may win at least one playoff game for Denver, and when their defense is playing well they can hang with anyone. I'm glad the Ravens will be resting that week with their bye and don't have to take a chance of losing in the first round.

Oh and as for Ben playing against Cleveland that would be a huge mistake. If he plays that would greatly increase the odds that he will go limping into the playoffs or not be able to play at all. Wasn't it the Browns game where he got injured before?
The Steelers would have to win in Cleveland with a limping Rothlisberger and even if they did, that what good would it do if the Ravens beat the Bengals, which we all know is far more likely than not.

It may be a bitter pill for you all to swallow but right now the Ravens have a far better chance of winning the Super Bowl than do the Steelers. Just look at the Las Vegas odds if you don't believe me.
tenn1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 12:36 PM   #9
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Old 12-26-2011, 12:38 PM   #10
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 10,259 Times in 4,117 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

you disapoint me! How could it be as much fun to beat both the Bengals and the Steelers. The two victories shouldn't be equal to the proud, powerful, merciful, and mighty Ravens. Your great revenge is against the Steelers, who beat you 3 times in one year. The Bengals should mean nothing to you.

I don't even know who you are anymore.