Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 12-27-2011, 10:08 AM   #1
CrimsonTideSteelersFan
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 4772
Default Saints on the road:

Obviously, the Saints play lights out inside the Superdome. No other team in the NFL has played as well at home over the last few seasons than New Orleans. However, the Saints are very pedestrian when they play on the road. In having said that, does anyone think that the Saints (an indoor team from the South) could walk into Lambeau Field in January and beat the Packers? I'd like to see a Steelers/Saints Super Bowl, but if New Orleans has to go through the frozen tundra in order to make it to Indianapolis, I just don't see that happening.
CrimsonTideSteelersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 10:21 AM   #2
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206
Default Re: Saints on the road:

another team i'm really growing to hate.

Brees isn't the "holier-than-thou" great guy either, that he's been portrayed in the media has, and the coach isn't much better. This running up the score thing really infuriates me. A crystal clear case of "padding" passing stats. I hope they get ousted from the playoffs.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 10:49 AM   #3
Ricco Suavez
Head Coach

Member Number: 7718

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRH View Post

Brees isn't the "holier-than-thou" great guy either, that he's been portrayed in the media has, and the coach isn't much better. This running up the score thing really infuriates me. A crystal clear case of "padding" passing stats. I hope they get ousted from the playoffs.
I used to think much the same way, but I have come to realize that the Saints and the Patriots have put all their eggs on the offensive side. By doing so no lead is safe with their mediocre Defense.

BTW all this high powered offenses are enabled by the rules of today, case in point Brees sets new season record for yards. Really does anyone think Brees could have put the same yardage up with the personnel Marino had or played by the same rules. And in turn could Marino have done the same with the same rules applied during the Unitas era.

I will say that the Packers and Saints even outdoors could be a close game since the Saints have a very under rated running attack.
Ricco Suavez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 11:04 AM   #4
CrimsonTideSteelersFan
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 4772

Quote:

I'm not to the point (yet) of hating the Saints, but I've never been an admirer of their franchise. I grew up in Mississippi during the '80s and early '90s (I'm 37 years of age) when the Saints had finally started to have good teams. Of course, the bandwagon fans in Mississippi jumped all over the Saints during that time. For that reason, I have really grown to not like the Saints. I'm pretty much in the minority down here in the Deep South, but it has just always rubbed me the wrong way. (Same with the Braves when they made their first World Series in 1991.) The bandwagon phenomenon has always made my skin crawl. I've been a Steelers fan since I was six years old (I've always considered the Steelers to be the 'Alabama' of the NFL - hard nose smash mouth football) and hardly anybody outside of Louisiana who likes the Saints now was a serious Saints fan when they were children (very few can claim this).

But, back to my original point. If the Saints do have to travel to Lambeau in January, I don't see that as a good thing for New Orleans. But, I would love it if the Saints and Steelers could both make it to Indy. I'd love to see the Steelers punch the Aints in the mouth and cram the ball down their throats in old fashioned Steelers' style.

Last edited by CrimsonTideSteelersFan; 12-27-2011 at 11:14 AM.
CrimsonTideSteelersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 01:49 PM   #5
sharkweek
Head Coach

Member Number: 14205

Quote:

while I think they have been purposefully trying to to pad stats to get the record, out of all the top QBs I think Brees is the real deal when it comes to being a nice guy, right up there with Manning IMO, I don't pay attention to the media, I look at and listen to the player, and he seems like a legit guy.

He's not a cokky and super smug SOB like Rodgers is

He's not an over the top competitor like Brady is who will pout and throw fits when things don't go his way

heck, he's much better than Rivers who is kind of an asshole

So I'm very glad it was he who broke the record so we don't have to hear about Brady when he eventually breaks it as well.
sharkweek is offline   Reply With Quote