Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS
View Poll Results: Should Sanchez be traded from the Jets?
Yes 5 71.43%
No 2 28.57%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-31-2011, 12:08 AM   #1
BlaZeQuietly
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 18219
Default Time for Sanchez to go?

The first time I saw Sanchez play I thought he was the quarter back of the future.
Sure he took them to the AFC championship 2 years in a row but he plays about the same roll there that Alex Smith does in san-fran. Hes an average-below average QB, not to mention he makes a LOT of bone headed played that just seem to be getting worse as he gets more experience, he holds the ball too long and makes more throwing decisions.

I'd love to see The Jets pick up someone like P. Manning next year (well not for the steelers sake) but if that happens I have a feeling Rex would finally get that superbowl hes been promising. Heck if RG3 is somehow available when the jets are up I say they Draft him, Sanchez needs to go somewhere else, maybe jacksonville or something, but its just not working out with him in NY.

Should Sanchez be traded?
Old 12-31-2011, 06:14 PM   #2
sharkweek
Head Coach

Member Number: 14205
Default Re: Time for Sanchez to go?

Sanchez is just another wildly over-hyped USC QB

Palmer was the far and away best most recent USC QB and he's only been pretty average overall

Leinart was a bust, Cassel is a joke of product formed from Belichicks huge ego, now we have Sanchez who's only ever talked about because he's a QB for a New York team

My money is on Barkley joining the USC NFaiL train
sharkweek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 09:24 PM   #3
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,272 Times in 1,397 Posts

swcrew the jets ...i hope they stick with sanchez and keep losing..

why in the hell would a steeler fan "love" to see the jets pick up manning and win a superbowl ?

i repeat...SCREW THE JETS !!!

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 12:23 AM   #4
IowaSteeler927
Head Coach

Member Number: 15801
Thanked 1,706 Times in 799 Posts
My Mood: Sleepy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
swcrew the jets ...i hope they stick with sanchez and keep losing..

why in the hell would a steeler fan "love" to see the jets pick up manning and win a superbowl ?

i repeat...SCREW THE JETS !!!
Perhaps he likes the Jets too. I'm a fan of Brees and the Saints and I keep tabs on Iowa Hawkeye players in the NFL and root for them. Ultimately the Steelers are number one and if they play the Saints or any team with some of my favorite former Hawkeyes I hope the Steelers destroy them. Now I don't think I would be saying I want those teams to win a Super Bowl. The only time I could agree with that statement is if the Steelers are out of contention. I was rooting for the Saints when they played the Colts.

Anywho... Sanchez hasn't panned out. He's got a crappy attitude and a false sense of entitlement. He's disrespectful to his coach when he gets criticized for his poor on the field play. He acted like a baby when they benched him shortly and played Brunnell. He should be shouldering the blame for the Jets woes this season. His decision making leaves a lot to be desired and despite having some pretty good weapons in his receiving corps he still stinks. If I were Rex Ryan I'd trade him off and either try to get someone in free agency, or draft another QB and let them sit behind a vet for a year.
IowaSteeler927 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 02:45 PM   #5
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,272 Times in 1,397 Posts

GO PHINS !!!!

yep no question...keep sanchez..

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote