Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 01-05-2012, 05:31 PM   #11
tanda10506
Team President

Member Number: 17319
Default Re: I hardly ever agree with anything Terrell Suggs has to say, except this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post
"With all due respect, we don't pray on the sideline," Suggs said. "I mean we do -- we give it up to God (just for) safety and health, but we're gonna go out there and win that game. We don't need our kicker to make a 62-yarder. I'm just saying. We don't need guys to fall out of bounds and then we get to punt it back ... we don't need stuff like that to happen for us."
Maybe if it did they could have beat the bottom feeding Seadawgs.
tanda10506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 09:57 PM   #12
RatbirdExtreme
Water Boy

Member Number: 18912
Default Re: I hardly ever agree with anything Terrell Suggs has to say, except this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smheart78 View Post
This has everything to do with Suggs trying to fire up Tebow and the Broncos as a firestarter for their next game against the Steelers. As previously mentioned, Tuggs wants Denver to win so they won't have to face us.

Nah, the most popular scenario down here in Ballmer is to have the Steelers beat NE and face us at home in the AFCCG. Thats what most of us want down here.
RatbirdExtreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 10:24 PM   #13
ETL
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 14528

say what you want about Suggs - he's ugly ... he's stupid ... he's talkative ...

He's played lights out this year and I wouldn't be surprised if he won Defensive MVP
Old 01-05-2012, 11:16 PM   #14
LVSteelersfan
Living Legend

Member Number: 6620
My Mood: Yeehaw

The Steelers are the devil. Tebow is God's messenger. That is what people want to think. We have the rapist. They have the saint. (don't think for a minute that I actually believe that) Unfortunately for Tebow in our Earthly life, the devil usually wins. I have nothing against religion but Teblow is not going to march the Donkeys into the promised land. This weekend will be the end of Tebow as he proves once again he is nothing but a joke. The last three weeks should have proved that. If he is lucky, he won't get broken in half on Sunday. Polomolu will be doing his prayers after every Tebow INT and sack.

COACH - Breakfast of Champions !!!
LVSteelersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 01:25 AM   #15
Riddle_Of_Steel
Head Coach

Member Number: 13727

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrison'samonster View Post
However, if a person like Tebow (or any religious athlete) goes onto the field with strong faith that God is with him, that's power in the mind.
a.k.a. PLACEBO EFFECT

They have also cured cancer with sugar tablets too, while telling the patient it was some revolutionary new treatment.

Tebow and his congregation can continue thinking he won games for them due to some divine intervention or miracle "it" factor, but it is no more accurate than the cancer patient above. Tebow is abyssmal as an NFL QB. The main reason he won those games was the level of competition (or lack thereof) and his defense. A 40% comletion percentage and 60 yards per game is not going to take you far as an NFL QB. matter of factly, none of us would hold our current job titles if we were only able to do our jobs less than 70% of the time.

I am looking forward to not having to hear about Tim Tebow and his miraculous victories over 0-7 teams with a 40% completion percentage after Sunday.
Old 01-06-2012, 01:38 AM   #16
Riddle_Of_Steel
Head Coach

Member Number: 13727

Quote:
Originally Posted by RatbirdExtreme View Post
Nah, the most popular scenario down here in Ballmer is to have the Steelers beat NE and face us at home in the AFCCG. Thats what most of us want down here.
But I bet you, that is NOT what your team wants. I sure as hell know that isn't what Joe Sacko wants.....he probably still has sweaty nightmares at night with a huge #56 and #92 coming at him....

I wonder how many times Harbaugh made him watch the replay of Polamalu stripping your 2010 Superbowl hopes out of Sacko's hands on the last play of the 2010 AFCC to get them ready for this season?

Old 01-06-2012, 03:21 AM   #17
PeRK82
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 19438

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddle_Of_Steel View Post
But I bet you, that is NOT what your team wants. I sure as hell know that isn't what Joe Sacko wants.....he probably still has sweaty nightmares at night with a huge #56 and #92 coming at him....

I wonder how many times Harbaugh made him watch the replay of Polamalu stripping your 2010 Superbowl hopes out of Sacko's hands on the last play of the 2010 AFCC to get them ready for this season?

Like usual, living in the passed, Wasn't a problem this yr was it. I dont know why this might be hard for you to believe but the RAVENS and Fans arent scared of playing the Steelers, especially at the Bank.
PeRK82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 03:44 AM   #18
gostillerz
Water Boy

Member Number: 1299

Tebow will get POLAMALUED this Sunday.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...ers-vs-broncos
gostillerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 04:32 AM   #19
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Member Number: 18856
Thanked 5,002 Times in 2,116 Posts
My Mood: Lurking

I recall a differently worded representation of Suggs thoughts on god and Tebow, and they weren't nearly as nicely put as this.

"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 04:33 AM   #20
Bayz101
Renegade
Supporter

Member Number: 18856
Thanked 5,002 Times in 2,116 Posts
My Mood: Lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by gostillerz View Post
Tebow will get POLAMALUED this Sunday.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...ers-vs-broncos
Funny considering Polamalu was voted #2 on a list of Christian football players, behind Tebow.

"Either you're playing dumb, or it's not an act". -Judge Judy

No need to drive me crazy. I can walk from here.
Bayz101 is offline   Reply With Quote