Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 01-09-2012, 12:27 PM   #1
steelerforlife
Water Boy

Member Number: 17624
Default my irrevelant thoughts

I am not one to post too often as i really enjoy the site for other fans oppinions and easy navigation to the articles from others(thanks mesa and scmom most notably). But after this season I have a few things to get off my chest...

1. Ariens playcalling- No need to explain it. Way too predictable. Although Im a big fan and never miss watching the games, I have only played 1 season of organized ball in JR High on the bench... AND I CAN PREDICT THE PLAYS! So how hard can it be for the defense?

2. Does Tomlin ever discipline or overrule his coaches?

3. Arrogance- Not that arrogance is bad, but...when your so arrogant as to not gameplan to a teams weakness, or your own failure to make adjustments in game because you are the mighty steelers. Just plain stupid in my opinion.

4. Officiating- Goodel is pissing off the whole leagues fan base. They just plain suck!
Old 01-09-2012, 12:33 PM   #2
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206
Default Re: my irrevelant thoughts

all good points...

We telegraph almost all of our offensive plays.
And sadly, i think the poor officiating is actually being pushed by the league offices to further advance offenses and to put a damper on good defenses.

I will add one more point to your list.
-Ben's long snap counts. He takes almost every snap right down to the 1 or 0 second mark. This, in turn, gives the defense optimal looks at our formations and time to adjust (and think).
We even do this on no-huddles which is mindboggling...i witnessed it again last night, multiple times.
Why even do a 'no-huddle' then? It just further adds to our predictability and really kills plays.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 12:38 PM   #3
Kanata-Steeler
Team President

Member Number: 15552

well, now you know, that there are NO "irrelevant" thoughts once you've posted them - just scrutiny.
So, welcome yourself, to your "irrelevant" thoughts.

and I agree on all 4 of your points. good.
Kanata-Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 12:41 PM   #4
SteeleReign
Team President

Member Number: 13943

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRH View Post
all good points...

We telegraph almost all of our offensive plays.
And sadly, i think the poor officiating is actually being pushed by the league offices to further advance offenses and to put a damper on good defenses.

I will add one more point to your list.
-Ben's long snap counts. He takes almost every snap right down to the 1 or 0 second mark. This, in turn, gives the defense optimal looks at our formations and time to adjust (and think).
We even do this on no-huddles which is mindboggling...i witnessed it again last night, multiple times.
Why even do a 'no-huddle' then? It just further adds to our predictability and really kills plays.
Yeah, this drives me nuts! It also gives the defense the chance to fire off the ball every time, which make the job for our already suspect o-line that much more difficult.
SteeleReign is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 01:13 PM   #5
Curtain_of_Steel
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 11678

Well we do the nu huddle because it takes Arians out of the play calling, lol.Not to mention speeding things up.

Ben can defend him all he wants, but there are many reasons why Ben wants the no huddle. One of them being he can call the plays he sees fit. Ben just doesnt want to have to cowtail to some new bitch. He rather take the old one with him and get some more flexibility in the calls.

Ben is back to the dam long counts, sort lets everyone know when your going to snap, not to mention the leg step. He was away from that for a while, but was back with lights on yesterday.
Curtain_of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 10:18 PM   #6
60_MINUTES
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 20464

very good post... I dont think its a man on this board or in this world that watches football that doesnt call our plays... we run a couple nice runs and get close to the 50 we throw deep every time... every time...All these WR quick screens has got to go... as well they cost us at least once every 2 or 3 games and we usually get nothing when we use them... Is it to much to ask for 2 to 3 end arounds a game? No one can stop our speed... I never saw anyone stop the play... and using a RB out of the back field is against the rules in the OFF... all we do is drop back and run 20 yard post and flag patterens... it makes me sick... I swear if someone tracked our plays they would find that maybe 30 percent of the time BEN drops back hits his back foot and or gets set, then hits the 1st or second read for a completion... You would find that 70 percent of our OFF is BEN dropping back noone is open what so ever so he moves jukes and all that shit then our receivers move to open spots and we make plays... what kind of OFF drops back and has to play school yard ball 70 percent of the time... Please just retire BA and lets move on
60_MINUTES is offline   Reply With Quote