Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 01-09-2012, 10:42 PM   #31
lambertlunaticfan
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 10642
Default Re: Reason why we lost.......

I do agree with you on one thing,and that was pouncey.This is the 2md year he was'nt playing when we needed him most.What good is talent when it gets injured and doesnt play (also same goes for aarron smith).I mean it seems every season he has been a steeler smith has ended the season with a injury and not there when we need him most.Not thier fault,obviously,as injuries happen.But you have to take in account,we were without keisel most of the game also.Injuries play a key role to a teams success.And this season we were done in by them....And in response to anothers post,as a steelers fan,if we had to lose,i would have much rather got blown out by the patriots than to lose this game to the broncos.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcoplien View Post
I love my steelers don't get me wrong. What lost the game for us was our lousy DB's not watching the damn ball and always looking at the players. They sucked plain and simple. William Gay and Ike Taylor played like pansies and need to cover their guys!! Last but not least. Legursky Fubared a potention play that would have put us in field gold terratory. We needed Pouncey and Ryan Clark bad in that game. Very dissapointing because the Patriots are going to kill the Broncos and that will make our game that much less worth it :(

Last edited by lambertlunaticfan; 01-09-2012 at 10:43 PM. Reason: typo
lambertlunaticfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 10:45 PM   #32
ceebee
Banned

Member Number: 20595

1) WE SUCK
ceebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 11:01 PM   #33
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 7,004 Times in 3,037 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotperk View Post
Biggest reason was Denver is the better TEAM, on top of that the game should not have even come down to what it did should it? Steelers were outplayed by the better team who were dealing with the same amount of significant injuries. Enough with all the excuses, the best team won. .

that made me laugh more than my "covetous" tebow listening to madonna's like a prayer joke.

thanks.... i needed that.
Old 01-09-2012, 11:53 PM   #34
BigBen2WardPITT
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 551

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanSince72 View Post
First of all, the reason why we lost is because Denver played a better game and frankly, they seemed as if they wanted it more.

That's not to say we didn't try, but in the end we just didn't have enough gas in the tank. Maybe the injuries finally caught up to us but I don't want to blame this loss on injuries alone because that sidesteps the more serious issues.

I know that Arians may not be an offensive genius, but Arians didn't lose that game -- LeBeau did.

Here's something I posted a year ago and it applies now and (sadly) has applied for a number of years:

I don't know about anyone else but I for one am getting a little tired of watching even half-assed passing teams convert 3rd and 8's into 1st downs more often than not.

Sure, LeBeau's defense looks great against non-West Coast or poor passing teams which thankfully are still most of the teams out there. But good passing teams with West Coast offenses like New England, New Orleans, Green Bay and even the Jets ate our lunch this year and that has to stop otherwise every team in the league will just set up in 4 and 5 receiver sets and walk us down the field.

Le Beau needs to wake up and realize this isn't the good ol' days when all teams used a running game to set up the passing game. These days, offenses are very complex and the either / or approach (run or pass) isn't that simple anymore and just having a bunch of big guys up front isn't going to get it done. We need versatility and we need to be able to adapt to various offenses and stop depending on "zone-blitzes" (which everyone has pretty much figured out) and "run stoppers" to get it done.

I think we need to go in the direction of less bulk and more quickness overall and try to become more adaptable instead of trying to "impose our will" on everyone with overly complicated blitz packages which won't work if the QB gets rid of the ball before anyone gets to him, which has become the simple formula for beating our front seven.

I think everyone needs to stop looking at LeBeau like he's some kind of god and start realizing that he's got some work to do to get this defense ready to play in ALL situations, not just the ones we're good at.
I've said this before:
We need to stop worshiping at LeBeau's feet and recognize that his best days are behind him and that there's a new league out there.

Lots of guys complain about the fact that we don't score 30 or 40 points per game and yes, some of that is Arians' fault. But I think too many guys overlook the fact that a big part of why we don't light the place up is because we simply can't get the other team off the field and if our defense is always out there, our offense isn't and it's the offense that's supposed to do the scoring.

LeBeau has been wonderful for this team and deserves to be applauded for his work. But everyone burns out sooner or later and I think he has and it would be a disservice to both him and the team to ignore that.

agreed! If anyone is confused, go watch the tape from the Broncos game, the 49ers game, and the Ravens game where Flacco drove down the field in the closing minutes of the game.
Old 01-10-2012, 12:20 AM   #35
bornaSteelersfan
Starter
Supporter

Watch the tape yourself, BigBen2WardPITT, The offense had opportunities in both the Ravens game and the Broncos game (not so much the 49ers game), but couldn't put the game away. You are only looking at the final score and laying blame. Before the end of both of those games, our defense came up with a great stop, but our offense couldn't capitalize. I still blame it on play-calling and execution. Poor play-calling = poor execution.
bornaSteelersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 12:30 AM   #36
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 7,004 Times in 3,037 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanSince72 View Post

Lots of guys complain about the fact that we don't score 30 or 40 points per game and yes, some of that is Arians' fault. But I think too many guys overlook the fact that a big part of why we don't light the place up is because we simply can't get the other team off the field and if our defense is always out there, our offense isn't and it's the offense that's supposed to do the scoring.

ummm.....no.

our offense was 2nd to only the texans this year in time of possession, so i dont know what youre trying to say, but what you said is completely FALSE.

TX-32:40
PIT-32:33

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorysta...qualified=true

teh "fact" is that we dont score points because we cant score points. arians simply hasnt the brains of playcallers such as mmcarthy, belichick, or payton. its time for him to quit trying to pretend he does.

and lets be honest here "other than the "power g" (which had existed for years that he is slowly phased out) all the running plays are poorly designed and generally suck.

at the NFL level, arians is nothing more than a glorified wr (and maybe qb) coach. theres a reason former TE coaches such as wisenhunt and mularkey are capable of designing a more competent offense and actually landing a head coaching job in the NFL.

those are the only "facts" we should be discussing here....
Old 01-10-2012, 07:31 AM   #37
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206

but the fact it that this time, this game, we gave up 29 points to a mediocre team. Yes, the offense could have played better...
..but the defense lost this game, no question. It was pathetic. Terrible pass coverage and zero, yes zero, pass rush....it was downright painful to watch.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote