Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 01-10-2012, 05:10 AM   #21
tanda10506
Team President

Member Number: 17319
Default Re: I love D. Lebeau....

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanRooney View Post
We weren't the #1 defense. On paper, yes. But the Baltimore and the 49er defense were much better than ours.
Agreed. We played a lot of putrid offenses and the defense buckled on every big chance they had. They still played well, but between those two reasons and the tremendous lack in turnovers, there is no way they were really #1.
tanda10506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 01:55 PM   #22
BKAnthem
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 13149

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardisimo View Post
His starting corner has arguably the worst game of his career. How does one game-plan for that? And given that Bryant McFadden sucks, Cortez Allen was injured, Curtis Brown is on injured reserve, and Anthony Madison was just signed three minutes before game time, I'm not entirely sure what sort of halftime adjustments he was supposed to make.

He stacked the box and forced Tebow to beat him through the air instead of running. This was not only exactly what Lebeau was supposed to do, but I will wager $100 right now that New England does the exact same thing next week and wins handily doing it (unless god intervenes yet again, which I highly doubt.)

As far as our D not being clutch, you're all on drugs. They pitched two shutouts this year, and they kept the other teams to 14 points per game. A team with Ben Roethlisberger, Rashard Mendenhall, Mike Wallace, Maurkice Pouncey, Antonio Brown, Heath Miller, et al., should be able to score 15 points per game, every single game.

Yeah, teams losing to us in the last 2 minutes are going to go all out and do some crazy shit, and sometimes they will succeed. In 12 of those games our defense was clutch. In three of them we just got blown out of the water when our offense couldn't score almost at all. In one single, solitary game this season our defense shat the bed and we lost a game we should have won, the second Rats game. Cry me a ****ing river.

Once again, you people are drama queens, overreacting to a tough loss. We don't get to go to the Super Bowl every year. It's hard to take, but it's true. Fortunately, we do get to go to the playoffs every year thanks in large part to the guy you want to fire. In the meantime, you are giving our visiting Rat fans loads of giggle-inducing reading material. I'm sure they're laughing their asses off about how we're "eating our own" right now.
How about some Help for Ike? that's an adjustment that could have been made...your best corner is having a tough time...you leave him to it? safety help is not unreasonable, If it's Regular season ok, you let Ike work it out, but this is the playoffs lose and you go home... and make Tebow beat you with his arm? he was beating them with his arm ! whenever he needed a big throw he made it
BKAnthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 02:03 PM   #23
tunes4life
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 8219

Quote:
Really? One bad game and it's time for him to retire? Season after season after season after season of top-5 defenses, both in terms of yards and points... they mean nothing? Are you people sure that you've been paying attention to the Pittsburgh Steelers? Does this strike you as a team that punishes success?
Thanks, you just saved me some typing and a lot of exclamation points.
Old 01-10-2012, 02:14 PM   #24
Wallace108

Member Number:

Quote:
We weren't the #1 defense. On paper, yes. But the Baltimore and the 49er defense were much better than ours.
Your opinion doesn't matter any more than mine does. We were the No.1-ranked defense, and it's just not on paper. That ranking came as a direct result of play on the field, not people sitting around theorizing about who has the best defense. Go compare Baltimore's schedule to ours. We played basically the same teams, and the results showed that we had the better defense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanda10506 View Post
Agreed. We played a lot of putrid offenses
We can play only the teams that are on our schedule. And you said you agreed with DanRooney, so I assume you agree that Baltimore has a better defense than us. You write off our No. 1 ranking by saying we played a lot of "putrid" offenses. But Baltimore played against nearly the same offenses as the Steelers. The only decent offense they faced that we didn't was the Chargers. But we more than made up for that by playing the Patriots.

Quote:
and the defense buckled on every big chance they had.
I'd have to go back and double-check, but at least 7 or 8 times this season, our opponents had the ball with a chance to win on their final drive. Our defense came through EVERY time except the second Baltimore game. (I'm talking regular season here ... where we earned the No. 1 ranking). I don't think that success rate could be considered "buckling."
Old 01-10-2012, 02:14 PM   #25
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369

Quote:
If you say so. Not sure why a defense that gets to play the Rams twice, the Seahawks twice and the Cardinals twice, along with Tampa Bay and Cleveland somehow gets more cred from you, but whatever.

As for Baltimore, there's a D that actually did buckle and give games away, repeatedly. 432 yards and 26 points to Tennessee? 22 to Seattle? 34 to San Diego? The Jacksonville game was obviously not the D's fault, but... And fortunately for them, they did not have to play the Pats, because Brady would have made their Charger game seem dreamy by comparison.
Quote:
Agreed. We played a lot of putrid offenses and the defense buckled on every big chance they had. They still played well, but between those two reasons and the tremendous lack in turnovers, there is no way they were really #1.
Buckled? How? In real yards, or imaginary yards? Real points or imaginary points? Real losses, or make-believe? Because in real yards and real points we wound up #1 in the entire league. We had four real losses (five including this last one) and honestly only one of those should go exclusively on the D. This last game was evenly split between Ike and an offense that was kicking field goals and fumbling instead of breaking the plane.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKAnthem View Post
How about some Help for Ike? that's an adjustment that could have been made...your best corner is having a tough time...you leave him to it? safety help is not unreasonable, If it's Regular season ok, you let Ike work it out, but this is the playoffs lose and you go home... and make Tebow beat you with his arm? he was beating them with his arm ! whenever he needed a big throw he made it
Like I said, the Pats are going to do exactly what we just did (with a much crappier D and much worse corners, I'll add) and they're going to win. After this happens, you can come back and explain a new theory as to why Lebeau was wrong. The plan was sound and will continue to be sound against Tebow probably for the remainder of his short career.
Old 01-10-2012, 02:34 PM   #26
theplatypus
Team Owner

Member Number: 3329

Quote:
If you say so. Not sure why a defense that gets to play the Rams twice, the Seahawks twice and the Cardinals twice, along with Tampa Bay and Cleveland somehow gets more cred from you, but whatever.
Come on Ric, you know the answer to that. IT's the same bs that causes dannyboy to discount the importance of a wr knowing the freaking playbook.
theplatypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 02:48 PM   #27
BKAnthem
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 13149

Quote:

Like I said, the Pats are going to do exactly what we just did (with a much crappier D and much worse corners, I'll add) and they're going to win. After this happens, you can come back and explain a new theory as to why Lebeau was wrong. The plan was sound and will continue to be sound against Tebow probably for the remainder of his short career.
I guess we'll have to see then...But i bet Coach B gives his corners Help
BKAnthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 03:14 PM   #28
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 1,928 Times in 779 Posts

According to CB Keenan Lewis, this was LeBeau's last message to his 2011 defense for those who will be around for next season. "You just BETTER come out next season ready to win the Super Bowl."

We're PISSED.