Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 01-10-2012, 04:16 PM   #1
tanda10506
Team President

Member Number: 17319
Default LOL @ the Raiders

Say your the Raiders owner/GM. You finally get a legitimate QB, some realistic young talent at LB and WR. The new coach comes in and figures out why the run game is struggling then unleashes McFadden and Bush who carry and receive the ball well all year. The players love the coach and the coach believes in the players. Al Davis died so no longer do you have to worry about starting with a whole new team every year with a different ego inflated super star every year. You finally don't have a losing season, and if it wasn't for injuries all year, specifically to McFadden you probably make the wild card playoffs. You put together some impressive wins against teams that the previous year would blow you out 50-0. What's your first move.....

....Fire your new coach!!!

LMAO

Honestly, and I don't care much for the Raiders or their fans (no offense), but I honestly feel bad for Raiders fans and the few legitimate players they have. Not one year has that organization allowed the team to stay together and actually build. Not one star have they tried to build around. The Raiders will just continue to only buy one star a year like Randy Moss, and when that one star doesn't bring them a championship with a new coach, new QB, and new defense, then he's gone the next year and it's on to the next star, with a new QB, new coach and new defense. You should see their new GM, I just watched the press conference for his introduction, he seems borderline "slow".

Thank you to Colbert and the Rooneys for never giving an opposing fan a reason to make a post like this on their forum about us, we are spoiled as Steeler fans, but the Raiders make the Browns fans look spoiled.
tanda10506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 05:10 PM   #2
silver & black
Team President

Member Number: 1836
Default Re: LOL @ the Raiders

Say your the Raiders' new GM. Say you spent 18 years in a first class organization learning how to do things the right way. You know your new team hasn't posted a winning season in 9 years. What do you do?.... continue with the status quo, or blow it up and start fresh?

The Al davis era is over.... and I'm happy as hell about it.
silver & black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 07:32 PM   #3
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 4,944 Times in 1,842 Posts

The ghost of raiders future.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 06:43 AM   #4
4xSBChamps
Head Coach

Member Number: 1911

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACH1 View Post
The ghost of raiders future.

... just-wheeze...

... BABY!!!
Old 01-14-2012, 06:20 PM   #5
tanda10506
Team President

Member Number: 17319

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver & black View Post
Say your the Raiders' new GM. Say you spent 18 years in a first class organization learning how to do things the right way. You know your new team hasn't posted a winning season in 9 years. What do you do?.... continue with the status quo, or blow it up and start fresh?

The Al davis era is over.... and I'm happy as hell about it.
To me it seems like an Al Davis style move, but your the Raiders fan, just seemed like a bad move when Jackson made some turn arounds for the team.
tanda10506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 06:40 PM   #6
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter

Member Number: 15921

I actually like the raiders and watched almost every game this year. I think they have a good team but gad some bad leadership for years. They needed a new coach and not because he was a bad coach but because he had to much power once Davis died and wouldn't be satisfied relinquishing it to the new GM.

The Palmer trade was the worst trade ever. How you can give up a 1st and a 2nd round pick for a mediocre QB is beyond me. They could of got Flynn or Orton alot cheaper. It was an insane move that will hurt them in the future

As for McFadden, he is an awesome back but unfortunately he is extremely injury prone and will never be a top back because of that. The only reason I wouldn't trade him this year is because you wouldn't get anything in return. I doubt anyone would want to give up a 2nd rounder for him but I would drop his ass if he got hurt again next season which im sure he will. He has never played more then 13 games
Old 01-14-2012, 09:14 PM   #7
silver & black
Team President

Member Number: 1836

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete74 View Post
I actually like the raiders and watched almost every game this year. I think they have a good team but gad some bad leadership for years. They needed a new coach and not because he was a bad coach but because he had to much power once Davis died and wouldn't be satisfied relinquishing it to the new GM.

The Palmer trade was the worst trade ever. How you can give up a 1st and a 2nd round pick for a mediocre QB is beyond me. They could of got Flynn or Orton alot cheaper. It was an insane move that will hurt them in the future

As for McFadden, he is an awesome back but unfortunately he is extremely injury prone and will never be a top back because of that. The only reason I wouldn't trade him this year is because you wouldn't get anything in return. I doubt anyone would want to give up a 2nd rounder for him but I would drop his ass if he got hurt again next season which im sure he will. He has never played more then 13 games
You're right on the money with everything.

I hated the Palmer trade... still do. I would have rather lost with Boller and kept the picks, knowing there was going to be a GM in place for the next draft. McFadden is a special player, but he will be plagued with this foot problem for his whole career. I'd trade him in a heartbeat if we could find someone dumb enough to give a second rounder for him.

Hue Jackson is a snake/megalomaniac. The way he handled the loss to Denver was/is shameful. His act in Oakland should win an accademy award...lol. Reggie McKenzie is going to bring the Raiders back to prominance. It will take some time, given the circumstances created by Hue and the years of mismanagement by Al and his faction of yes men.

Mark Davis (despite the ridiculous haircut...lol), is nothing like his dad... thank God. I'm excited about the future of my team for the first time, in a very long time.

This is a good article about Hue Jackson. Pretty astute in my opinion.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/h...raiders-011211
silver & black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 04:26 PM   #8
JCPsteelers
Starter

Member Number: 15542

Yeah it seems like the Raiders finally made the right move for a change by bringing in a GM. I live out in the Bay Area and I think Hue Jackson is a clown. Raiders are better off without that blowhard coaching them.
JCPsteelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 04:27 PM   #9
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 6,436 Times in 2,736 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

i hope the raiders are stupid enough to offer bruce arians a HC position
Fire Arians is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 04:30 PM   #10
MACH1