Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 01-10-2012, 10:17 AM   #101
SoCalFan
Head Coach

Member Number: 14860
Default Re: Most EMBARRASSING loss in team history?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanRooney View Post
Did anyone really expect us to beat the Patriots AND Baltimore with all of our injuries? Even if by some miracle we did get past them, we'd either face GB or NO in the SB. Two teams that in my opinion are better than any of the playoff teams in the AFC.

This shit wasn't heartbreaking at all. Heartbreaking was losing in the SB last year. I was almost laughing after Ike Taylor got burnt for the 5th time on Sunday while Dick LeBeau refused to give him safety help over the top.
Heartbreaking, a bit! Embarrassing, for sure. I even wrote it in CAPS!
Old 01-10-2012, 11:59 AM   #102
Lord of Lombardi
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 15247

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikegrimey View Post
This was a big upset but hardly the most embarrassing loss I've ever seen, and I'm only 26. I can think of a couple losses during 09 that were against more inferior opponents.

Sure this one hurts, denarius Thomas averaging 50 plus yards a catch
Tebow only completing 10 passes but eclipsing 300 yards

The offense starting slow, Wallace cursing at the Denver fans after his td run
Ike Taylor's worst game since 2006

But it happens, Denver showed up and played a hell of a game, kudos to the

I'm interested in the people saying Tomlin did a poor job coaching
What specifically do you all think he did "bad"?
Look we are all ticked off that this suck arse team beat us but don't embarrass your post with that question. Because this entire board should be jumpint all over this one. What did Tomlin do "Bad?" Since you ask:

How about clock management towards the end of the game? Right after Emmanual Sanders caught the ball at the 40. We take a time out and at that point, Tomlin should be reminding his key players of the game situation and any sack should be followed by a time out (Immediately) Hell, even Tomlin could have called a timeout there. Instead, he chose to let time run off before taking a time out with .18 seconds left. A good 7-10 seconds ran of fthe clock. Time that would allow us to still keep every play available to us, even a 20 yard pass gives us enough time to get down to the line of scrimmage and stop the clock. .18 seconds does not do that. I was in shock! At that moment after yelling to take a time out, I said these retards are taking this to O/T and we all now how that worked out. Denver even sacked us on the hail mary attempt. They OUT COACHED US ALL DAY LONG.

Just think of all the wide open passes that TEBLOW missed!! If he was half a QB like Brady will be this Sunday it would have been a massacre.

And then before the start of O/T, what about the head coach taking his coaches and Defense aside and reminding them that a FG does not beat us. Under no circumstances should any defender get so out of position, that even Kyle Boller could have hit that wide open WR. Especially Mundy who was a replacement. I don't care if Lebeau dropped the ball, If I am the head coach, I have enough time to get to my Defense, especially when we lost the toss.

Mismanagement of clock 4 other times this season. We are an above average team that plays down to our competition. Now I know why Tomlin doesn't count "Style Points" He hasn't seen any. I'm about ready for this clown to leave. Brings nothing but a smooth talking good haircut to the game.
Lord of Lombardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 12:05 PM   #103
Sixburgher
Banned

Member Number: 17648

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Lombardi View Post
We are an above average team that plays down to our competition. Now I know why Tomlin doesn't count "Style Points" He hasn't seen any. I'm about ready for this clown to leave. Brings nothing but a smooth talking good haircut to the game.
That annoying trait started before Tomlin's tenure began. And if you think the Rooneys are going to shitcan a head coach who has never had a losing season, has brought home another Lombardi and two Super Bowl appearances, and 3 division championships in five seasons, you're going to be waiting a while. I just thank God the Rooneys run the show as opposed to people like yourself and the idiot earlier in this thread calling for his head if we don't make the Super Bowl next season, otherwise this team would become the Daniel Snyder Redskins in no time flat.
Sixburgher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 05:12 PM   #104
Lord of Lombardi
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 15247

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixburgher View Post
That annoying trait started before Tomlin's tenure began. And if you think the Rooneys are going to shitcan a head coach who has never had a losing season, has brought home another Lombardi and two Super Bowl appearances, and 3 division championships in five seasons, you're going to be waiting a while. I just thank God the Rooneys run the show as opposed to people like yourself and the idiot earlier in this thread calling for his head if we don't make the Super Bowl next season, otherwise this team would become the Daniel Snyder Redskins in no time flat.
I know the Rooneys won't shitcan Tomlin this quick. And I don't agree with the idiot thinking no supberbowl next year, no Tomlin. I was asked what Tomlin screwed up during the game and I provided more than enough detail. (See Sunday's game as confirmation) Saying that I was growing tired of the coach/clown and his style point, redundant rants is MY opinion. I don't base my thoughts or opinion on history regarless of ownership. If you do, I feel sorry for you and your inability to have your own pair. Does she shake it for you too?
Lord of Lombardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 05:22 PM   #105
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 1,365 Times in 566 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixburgher View Post
Say the Rooney's left Tomlin go. There will be 4 handfuls of teams that would consider firing THEIR head coach to just have a shot at Tomlin. Coach T is as solid as they come in the NFL. I like his style, always have, always will. Better get use to Coach Tomlin being here probably for atleast another 10 seasons. That's simply how the Rooney's do business and I'm willing to bet we win atleast 2 more Super Bowls with Tomlin as our head coach.
Old 01-10-2012, 09:35 PM   #106
caplovestroyp43
Banned

Member Number: 16490
My Mood: Angelic

Wasn't that Bernie No Stars first game against us the 51-0 fiasko? Lord, that one ranks high up there too!! OUCH!!
caplovestroyp43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 09:36 PM   #107
caplovestroyp43
Banned

Member Number: 16490
My Mood: Angelic

You can't shitcan a coach when half the first string players are freakin' hurt! He worked with what he had. What more do you want from the man his blood? Man!
caplovestroyp43 is offline   Reply With Quote