Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 01-10-2012, 11:19 AM   #11
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 4,595 Times in 1,971 Posts
Default Re: Bires: Bank on Steelers making change

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeptj12 View Post
I'm fine with that list of people leaving. If we want Hines Ward for a coach, hire him as a WR coach. I think we need to model this offseason like the Ravens. OMG, yes I just said Ravens. I know we all hate the Ravens, but they deserve credit. They changed up their team a lot. They changed up their schemes a lot. It was very successful. We stayed the same with the same schemes. That's why they wiped us in the first game of the season. I'm sorry but Arians has to go. I know little Ben loves him and Tomlin doesn't have the balls to split up that love affair. But the change has to come because we are too predictable on offense especially in our own division. I watch the same plays over and over. The Ravens changed this and they made us look silly. I credit it to their turn around of a season where everyone had them finishing near last place.
i don't think they changed much tbh, their offense still has the same philosophy. they just had roster upgrades. no longer are they a team of slow possession WR's, they have fast receivers now. defense is pretty much the same as they always have been. vonta leach was a good addition for them also. makes ray rice even more dangerous in the running game
Fire Arians is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 01:33 PM   #12
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanSince72 View Post
If the Steelers have a bunch of talented young corners they're high on, why weren't they in the game on Sunday?

Or were they just high?
You mean why wasn't Cortez Allen on the field with his separated shoulder? Or why they weren't allowed to pull Curtis Brown off IR? Yeah, must be high.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtbsteeler View Post
Cotchery was signed for only one season. Right now he's a priority over Hines Ward. There are at least 7 players who need to be let go of on this roster anyway. I like Hoke over Hampton. Hoke's record as a starter is unreal. And he has better feet than Casey. Hoke and McLendon can hold down the NT spot.

I see nothing but bigger and brighter things for the Steelers. Finally redmen was given a chance and he excelled. Just like the fans clamored for.
Hoke's playing career is over. Serious neck injury. He's done. You need to keep up on the news.
Old 01-10-2012, 01:36 PM   #13
theplatypus
Team Owner

Member Number: 3329

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanSince72 View Post
If the Steelers have a bunch of talented young corners they're high on, why weren't they in the game on Sunday?

Or were they just high?

Are you really this daft?

Or are you the one that's just high?
theplatypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 03:27 PM   #14
steeltheone
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 6351

I thought we should have thrown a few picks at the Patriots last year for Makins when he was holding out...He would have been well worth it!
Old 01-11-2012, 08:47 AM   #15
defence
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 19128

Quote:
Originally Posted by theplatypus View Post
Are you really this daft?

Or are you the one that's just high?
U know guys; we are all fans and it would be nice to refrain on the nasty comments!! It's obvious our friend is not happy with the secondary and he is correct to be concerned!! I think he is a smart guy and knows who was hurt; but losing does put a sting and it stays in your mind for a long time!! With all that said; i hope they sign a top corner or draft one!! you can never have enough good ones especially when guys get hurt!!
defence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 09:11 AM   #16
Rick5895
Team President

Member Number: 5148

Quote:
Originally Posted by defence View Post
U know guys; we are all fans and it would be nice to refrain on the nasty comments!! It's obvious our friend is not happy with the secondary and he is correct to be concerned!! I think he is a smart guy and knows who was hurt; but losing does put a sting and it stays in your mind for a long time!! With all that said; i hope they sign a top corner or draft one!! you can never have enough good ones especially when guys get hurt!!
You are right , being nasty is pointless, however, if you are going make comments towards the players that are equally as nasty, have the for sight to actually know what you are talking about, 3 of those young corners the Steelers are high on, Brown, Allen and Lewis were all injured. Only Lewis played with a wonky hamstring, Allen had a separated shoulder and Brown was on I/R.
If people are going to make ridicules statements with out knowing the facts or what the heck they are talking about, they are actually "inviting" negativity towards themselves.
Rick5895 is offline   Reply With Quote