Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 01-10-2012, 09:42 PM   #11
GMU Steeler
Living Legend

Member Number: 16173
Default Re: Steelers out... Who do you want to win?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanda10506 View Post
Giants. Some will say I'm crazy, but they are going to go up and win in Green Bay just like they did on the road to their SB win. Their run game finally got going and their passing game has been close to that of the Packers and Patriots. There front 4 gets more pressure than our front 7 unfortunately. I think the only way the Giants lose in the playoffs is if they have to play the Saints in the dome. IMO it will be either the Saints or Giants vs the Patriots. The Texans and Broncos don't have a prayer, and the Ravens will not win at Gillette. The Ravens D can learn a lot from the way we beat the Pats, but Flacco isn't capable of picking them apart like Ben did, and the Pats actually are decent stopping the run. Rice will have a decent day, but overall the team will lose.
That actually wouldn't shock me if the Giants beat the Pack. They may not have the Saints offensive capabilities but they have shown that they are capable beating offensive juggarnauts and unlike New Orleans this is a team that knows the elements. They're also getting hot at the right time too. Sadly have to agree with you about the Patriots. Can't see anyone knocking off the Pats.
GMU Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 11:23 PM   #12
jjpro11
Living Legend

Member Number: 3559

well, the Pats have dropped their last two playoff games at Gillette... the Ravens beat them in 2008.. so it's not out of the question for them to do it again.
jjpro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 01:36 AM   #13
SteelCurtain5643
Team Captain

Member Number: 12838

GMEN, primarily because i live in new york state
SteelCurtain5643 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 03:17 AM   #14
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 8,312 Times in 3,488 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

hoping to see saints-patriots. with saints winning of course.

i still hate the patriots, but they're a lesser of two evils, rather the pats win than the jackass ravens. texans don't have a chance to make it, and neither do the broncos. to be honest though I'm still sour enough over that loss to root for the pats this saturday.

giants are a possible dark horse team
Fire Arians is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 04:44 AM   #15
BleedPurple
Starter

Member Number: 19142

Giants Ravens rematch. I have a fraternity brother who is a giants fan, and it would be fun to watch the game together (I was 13 in 2000 and hadn't discovered football).
BleedPurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 06:58 AM   #16
4xSBChamps
Head Coach

Member Number: 1911

I enjoy watching the Giants, with those pair of powerful RB, play, and want to see them beat the Tebows

pass-n-tab (Aints, Cheatriots, Packers) is NOT 'football', Ms. Goodell
Old 01-14-2012, 07:32 PM   #17
tanda10506
Team President

Member Number: 17319

Surprised to see everybody agree about the Giants. That's just the team that looks hot to me right now. I would love to see all the Goodell passing teams miss the SB, but to see the 2 biggest ones (Packers, Saints) miss the SB while a hard nose style team makes it, would be awesome. I do think NE will go from the AFC. I actually hope they do, I rather see the Texans from the AFC but that won't happen, nor will Denver. I just do not want the Ratbirds in. I hate Brady with a passion, but not quite as much as Baltimore. Brady has lost his last 3 playoff games, I think he ends that streak. Honestly, if he doesn't end that streak, I think it will mark the beginning of his decline. You have to win when it matters, regular season numbers haven't been producing SB's for Brady. It's possible the Ratbirds win, I just don't see Flacco picking them apart like Ben did, and the Pats are decent stopping the run. I can't believe I'm saying this, but go pats!!! for the AFC.

The only good thing about the Ravens if they make it, would be is if they played the Giants. Two hard style football teams keeping all his precious passing teams from a shot at the championship, that would almost make up for the sour taste of the Ravens making it. Either way I'm going Giants overall.
tanda10506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 08:17 PM   #18
rgj
Starter

Member Number: 7995
My Mood: Cynical

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedPurple View Post
Giants Ravens rematch. I have a fraternity brother who is a giants fan, and it would be fun to watch the game together (I was 13 in 2000 and hadn't discovered football).
Hmmm....at 13 musta been busy discovering "other" things.....
rgj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 08:21 PM   #19
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369

Ravens. I'm a homer, and right now AFCN is home. Believe me, it sickens me to think any kind thoughts about the Rats, but... I would also love seeing two strong defensive teams in the Super Bowl, since defense no longer wins championships.